don't click here

Sonic The Hedghog Xbox 360 Playable DEMO!!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by fuzzbuzz, Sep 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    But then Batman Begins came out, and that was wonderful, IMO. I believe this is Sonic's 'Batman Begins' to the series.

2. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    A new next-gen 2D game would be Sonic's Batman Begins. This is Sonic Adventure 3.

3. WiteoutKing

WiteoutKing

The artist formerly known as WiteoutKing Member
    Worcester, MA
    Two-Bit Pictures and The D-Pad
    I like how every game SINCE Sonic Adventure 2 has been "Sonic Adventure 3" :|

4. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    The Sonic Adventure games were decent anyway, so I fail to see why "Sonic Adventure 3" would be a bad thing. The 3D ones only really went downhill with Sonic Heroes and Shadow. Fair enough, the cameras on the Adventure games were a bit buggy, but after watching the video of this game, they seem to have fixed the camera up pretty well.

5. WiteoutKing

WiteoutKing

The artist formerly known as WiteoutKing Member
    Worcester, MA
    Two-Bit Pictures and The D-Pad
    Heroes wasn't as good as the Adventure games, yeah. Was a bit disappointing, but the game was still pretty good for what it was (and Metal Sonic mkII = the secks). Shadow I actually liked a LOT. Felt a lot like SA2, tbh. It seems like every time someone says "Sonic Adventure 3" it's supposed to be some kind of terrible insult, but I honestly find them just as fun as the original games.

6. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    Yeah, I loved Shadow the Hedgehog, as a standalone game, the gameplay was the only saving factor, though. It was great fun.

7. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Well, I think the camera seems "fixed" BECAUSE they slowed things down on purpose -- otherwise, it's possible the demo may have been too buggy to release in its current state otherwise.

8. ddrmaxromance

ddrmaxromance

Orchestra is the reason why a lot of shitty music exists out there today. So if you diss orchestra, you "diss" all forms of music out there today.

Rock/Alternative = Mozart (complex bass melodies)
    Emo = Beethoven (moonlight is a great example)
    Pop/Music-that-is-"in" = Bach (Bach's Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 features a melody people can remember, thus everyone remembers how Hanson's songs went. :P )

Personally, it truly fits with the game since the Sonic games have always revolved around rock beats/jazz. The techno music in Sonic Riders was a challenge for some gamers due to the new style of music used, although a dance beat was used in Sonic 3's Ice Cap Zone.

Rather than play the same game and over and over again, I strongly agree with WiteoutKing's opinions to look at this new game as "a new game," rather than part of a series. Take a look at how improved Sonic Team has made their games over time. Compare "Sonic the Hedgehog" (Genesis) with "Sonic the Hedgehog" (360/PS3).

Yeah, going into music, what of it? :P

9. Shade

Shade

I agree. I love all of the 3D Sonics, including Shadow. They were extremely fun to play. However, SA and Heroes stand out for me, because they really captured the look, sound, and feel of the series in their level designs and gameplay (and of course, soundtrack). Shadow's radical different direction I could handle because it was a spin-off. However, it's a bit too much for me to see them jacking the storyline and atmosphere this much for a main series game. It just doesn't feel right. I am not disputing the gameplay won't be awesome; I'm certain it will be. But I was really looking forward to finally seeing a return to some serious Sonic feel, and naturally I am a bit let down in that regard.

10. Tom41

Tom41

Pheer the baby EggRobo! Oldbie
    UK
    There must be _some_ way of downloading it directly to a PC without having to download it to the X360 first. Perhaps finding out how the X360 downloads it, and sending a request from a PC in such a way that it thinks it's coming from a real X360 :)

If I had a X360, I'd connect it up to my LAN and use a packet sniffer on a PC as I started the download process. Hopefully I'd be able to capture the request the X360 sends to the server, and then maybe write a little C++ program to replicate that request on PC...

Back on topic here, perhaps video game stores will have a demo of Sonic 360 running on their demo units in the near future.

11. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Here's my view on the matter.

Shut up about the orchestral music. It's actually quite epic and sounds pretty damn cool.

In terms of gameplay, I'm still unsure on the matter. If the controls are anything like Shadow's or Heroes's there's no way I'm getting it. Those two's controls were ridiculously loose. Then, they removed the ability to kill with a jump. Okay, yeah, I'm being all LOL CLASSIC SONIC, but jumping to kill an enemy is the single most fundamental attack in any major Sonic game. Now, with the homing attack, I suppose it's unnecessary. Or would be, if they hadn't crippled that by making you have to charge before you can do it, which is excessively gay. In a way the removal of the spindash is welcome, since it was awfully broken in the 3D games.

The biggest gameplay issue is the camera. You would have thought that after eight whole years they would have figured out what to do with it. But as far as I can tell, it's as untouched, unpolished, and useless as ever, serving as nothing more than something to blame for accidental deaths. That desperately needs a touch-up.

The story so far seems pretty fucked up. There's next to nothing known about it, except it involves Sonic, some huge fire beast called Iblis, a princess, the Chaos Emeralds, and Silver. Shadow seems to be completely irrelevant to the story and frankly I think the game could have done better to leave him out completely, considering the abysmal pile of shit that was his game and the hideous broken gunplay contained within. Even worse is that his game is where Shadow's gameplay derives from, though it focuses on vehicles more than it used to.

Even more curious than why Shadow appears is, where is Sega going with this three hedgehog thing? The fact that all three main characters are hedgehogs is surely not coincidence, there must be reason in this.

Next, a lot of rumors even before confirmation of Blaze's appearance in the game placed Blaze in some sort of connection with Silver. The fact that she appears in the trailer with Silver lends more to this. Is it possible the rumors are correct, and that they're from the same world?

Oh yeah, and MEPHILES KILLS SONIC. But he gets revived because his SPIRIT IS IN THE WIND, lol.

12. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    u woodnt b abl 2 c*shot dead*

I'm getting this in some shape or form as soon as I can. I don't care about not feeling Sonic-y. What ever happened to Final Fantasy? Whatever happened to the crystals? That was a change. =P

Personally, I think this story line is going to rock me severely. I don't like the same stroy they've used for the last 7 games. "Destroy Eggman or you'll die with the rest of the world." No, plz. no. That's why my fan-game's story will deviate from the classic storyline. I want something new, not stale confetti being thrown about.

If you can't tell, I have very high hopes for this game. Especially since I saw Tails in that Emerald Coast redo. =D

13. Robjoe

Robjoe

I aggree 100% with Guess_Who. He said everything I wanted to on the matter and then some.

14. Roybertito

Roybertito

Still alive, apparently. Member
  15. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    Heh cool, I now have an idea about what the Sol Emeralds look like. Should help in my fangame. =P

16. Roybertito

Roybertito

^Check the Sol Emeralds article on Wikipedia. They have the sprites from Sonic Rush.

17. SGR

SGR

Give me the gams. Member
    Why are there 8 emeralds? Aren't there only 7?

18. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    One seems to be a multicolor emerald. Neat.

19. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    ... the Master Sol Emerald, perhaps?

20. Roybertito

Roybertito

^OH! Yeah, I hadn't considered that yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.