don't click here

Sonic The Hedgehog Bible

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Nemesis, Feb 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeanSatan

DeanSatan

SF CA
    getting paid
    ... the fact there is a conversation about it hints at the fact it is inclusive and not exclusive. if you have been paying attention I've telegraphed every move... and asked for suggestions along the way. I guess im damned if I do and damned if I don't. this is still in the "public" area, not in members area or hidden so it should be transparent. if items did go to an "outsider" they would have been donated in a short time anyhow. keep looking that gift horse in the mouth. maybe its a language internet barrier and it doesnt sound as shitty as it reads?

+ me scanning and self promoting takes the fun out of it - I don't care about it much - but theres a bustling community that does care a bit... and is a suitable archive for this type of thing.

2. Dr. Mecha

Dr. Mecha

Dallas, TX
    3d Models
    Sure the story is shit, but that's because they over complicated the orgin of Sonic. However, when it comes to video game characters, it turns out that we don't give a fuck. Although the story of how Sonic was born and raised in a poor town of Nebraska does appeal to me, but that's because I'm part of the American audience that they aimed at.

3. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    Thanks to both of you (Dean and Nemesis).

And even if it was absolute horseshit, you should be kinda grateful to Nemesis that he took the risk.

4. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
    I do like the idea of Sonic having a "real" name the same way Tails does.

Sonny "Sonic" Hedgehog
    Miles "Tails" Prower

Otherwise, total shit. I had heard the Ovi Kintobor story before, so that didn't phase me. Now the idea of Sonic living like an actual hedgehog in the great plains of America... that I found strange, twisted, and mind-numbingly stupid.

5. El Gran Gordo

El Gran Gordo

Yosh Member
    I find it kind of sad that the American writers went out of their way to describe Robotnik as a mean, nasty fellow with "no redeeming qualities whatsoever", as I like my Eggman with character depth. Still, this was an incredibly interesting find.

6. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
  7. PorpoiseMuffins

PorpoiseMuffins

Saturday Morning Sonic
    They didn't use much of the story from the first document, but the revised story definitely influenced the American and European media outside of the games for most of the 90s.

8. S3kpro

S3kpro

Oldbie
    It's been posted on Kotaku!

Prepare for the flood!

XD

207 Guests right now!

9. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Right when the server decided to start working again >_>'

10. TSSZNews

TSSZNews

First @ Something or Other Banned
    The Update Desk
    Occasional JOURNALISM
    I enjoy how Kotaku is, like, 2 months late to the party.

11. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)

Yeah XD this is old news for us!

also:

"Sonic Retro is a fucking terrible community"

charming :/

12. drx

drx

mfw Researcher
    :rolleyes:
    It's true you know.

13. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    Kotaku in a nut shell, really.

14. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    I like it ;)

15. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    If we want to be honest, most communities on Internet are horrible. Especially the most known ones (no, we don't reach that far, I mean stuff like YouTube, MySpace, etc.), which are full of n00bs that love trolling and such.

16. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Seeing as I can post this and have a chance of the writers see it - can you fire Luke Plunkett, please? All he ever posts about Sega is inflamatory nonsense. Oh, and can we get over the kissing scene in Sonic 06 now? It's been nearly 3 fucking years, and the rest of us have moved on.

17. Mad Echidna

Mad Echidna

Gone Oldbie
    Sega just trolled the fuck out of everyone ;_;

18. serpx

serpx

I don't blame them. This bible thing wasn't really advertised to the gaming public masses ... at least, not from what I know.

Sonic has lost a lot of popularity in the gaming community, for the US, so I can imagine that stuff like this isn't as major as it would be if it was 1993.

19. Erinaceus

Erinaceus

I'm Hamilton Member
    This.

It's like Kotaku can't go a single Sonic-related post without some sort of mention of "The Kiss", or the appeal Sonic still has with furries. Paying such obsessive attention to topics that really aren't worth the time it takes to mention them is not helping, and can damage a journalist's credibility over the long haul. And being deliberately inflammatory for the simple sake of doing so is an even worse offense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.