don't click here

Sonic Social Media Shenanigans (This totally just happened...)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ashura96, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Super Egg

Super Egg

Master of MS Paint. Member
    Tomball, TEXAS
    Sonic 2 beta 3 hoax
    http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/3494jo/gt-countdown-top-ten-franchises-that-deserve-to-die

The video starts with the Pumpkin Hill Theme just to be cuntish. Then at 7:42 goes into why Sonic is a franchise that needs to die.

"We don't need to hear that Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations were actually good. Those are just delusions."

That is the source of the tweet.

Edit: Link to the video It seems GT uses really shitty Flash players, or my laptop is fucking up, or the forums can't handle it.

2. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Click bait "Top 10 series that need to die" video with Sonic on the thumbnail, didn't give it a click but I figure it was the usual tripe

3. Super Egg

Super Egg

Master of MS Paint. Member
    Tomball, TEXAS
    Sonic 2 beta 3 hoax
    The entertaining thing about the video is that the asshat narrating claims that saying Sonic isn't all bad, as Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations were good, is nothing more than an allusion. Like, really? So that 8.1 you gave Generations was purely my imagination then? Come now, don't be a complete fucking cunt. You wanna cite reasons, Boom and 06', not shit your own peers reviewed and gave not only a positive score, but rather nice, nearly praising it, words.

I mean is that really a thing now to just completely shit on Sonic? I mean, recently, people shtting on Boom is understandable, but now we're reverting back to pre-2011 again and shitting on the main series? That's ridiculous.

4. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Fwiw, Gametrailers is usually pretty alright. They even have someone on staff who likes Sonic Unleashed. (Kyle Bosman)

Also, here is the video on Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVOXU80FhaU

And this is their Sonic Generations review:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF1vi9N4bQA

5. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    He is LITERALLY THE voice of GameTrailers. So he just reads what others have wrote, though they usually say who wrote the videos somewhere.

6. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Well, he does write videos sometimes, but more often than not he didn't write and only narrates the reviews and top 10 videos.

Actually, iirc the top 10 lists are usually decided by the entire staff, which is why you don't see who wrote the video.

7. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Yeah, it's starting to go that way again unfortunately.

Boom was total and utter shite, we can all agree on that, but there's no need for people to start taking a dump on the games that were well-received by both the critics and the fans. It's fair enough if people want to question the direction the series is going in now, but they'd do well to remember that Boom being horrific doesn't suddenly make all the previous games bad, and the same goes for '06 really. It just doesn't work that way and it's nice to see someone getting called out for this nonsense.

8. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    I thought GT (speaking about the site in general here) was kinda notorious among the fanbase as singling Sonic out for franchise mudslinging. This isn't the first time they've complained about the series.

9. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    GT has had a lot of staff come and go over the years, so what they said years ago doesn't necessarily reflect the opinion of the staff now. Aside from that, different staff have different opinions. I have my doubts about everyone on the staff agreeing with the list.

10. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The thing is, even though there are different members of staff working on all of their articles and reviews, they ultimately look like the same body to viewers. They all represent the same thing really, so it's easy and not unreasonable just to instinctively treat anything from GameTrailers as the same viewpoint.

11. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    List invalidated for not including Five Nights at Freddys in any capacity.

Four games in less than a year, guys. Not that hard.

12. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Four what it's worth, the newest Five Nights game is already announced to be the last one. It's rather pointless including a series that's already officially dying in a list of series that need to die.

13. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I'd believe that, but the wording was changed to the last in freddy's story. There's more incoming. I don't blame Scott for riding the ship while the winds are strong, but the fourth game showed the series doesn't have the legs to stand as it is.

14. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Not to mention the upcoming FNAF movie, and you better believe there will be a new game to coincide with that.

15. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/626478148411084801

Ruby just how much is SEGA letting you get away with???

16. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness

Don't worry guys, their comback was just as shit as their video: https://twitter.com/GameTrailers/status/625769846282809344

Funny thing is, they know that, so they made another one where they too use a meme. Too bad both are pinned to the original tweet since it targeted them. whoops.

THAT FUCKING THUMBNAIL GOT ME. THE FUCKING THUMBNAIL.

This is probably Ruby proving to SOJ why they shouldn't just shut down SOA/SOE immediately. And it's working. Holy shit it's working.

If he keeps up the popularity he might have a leg in suggesting who SEGA should ACTUALLY let develop a western Sonic game, like I don't know, Insomniac. (Not really their style I guess, but hey, Sunset Overdrive feels very much like the spirit SEGA wants Sonic to have, so I could be wrong?)

17. RenyNoise

RenyNoise

Literally Swimming in Privilege Banned
    Id rather them develop a Jet Grind Radio Sequel. The engine is ready.

18. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Can't wait for all those no sales.

19. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    [​IMG]

:ruby:

20. Get fucking rekt m8 :v: