don't click here

Sonic Rush Samples

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The Moogs, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Zepp

Zepp

This is interesting, to say the least.

2. This is pretty old, wasn't there already a topic on this? Anywho, it is pretty damn rad.

3. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    Also, there's a "Come on!" sample in Get Edgy (SEQ_6sonic\Sample 7.wav). Slow that down a bit (bring the pitch down about 6 semitones). I looked and the waveforms don't exactly match because the pitch was altered mid-sample (I think) but they sound that much similar.

4. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
  5. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I think it's "Come on mister DJ!"

6. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Yay, A New Day lyrics.

Order of samples from SEQ_SS_GAME (or SEQ_SS_END, a lot of these are duplicates):

68 69 70 71
    68 69 70 53 54
    68 69 70 71
    68 24 25 55 56 57 58

68 69 70 71
    68 69 70 53 54
    68 69 70 71
    72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79

EDIT: Audacity'd.

7. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Oh you. :rolleyes:

I wonder if there are any other samples in other Sonic games we've yet to know about.

8. Naganuma probably got that one from the primary source considering how much cleaner it is. The Malcolm X sample was probably second hand though, it's use in the game is pretty ironic considering the original context of the speech.

9. It seems like a great deal of the samples are duplicates of others. A lot of the folders contain Sonic and Blaze's voice clips.

But at least now I can understand the lyrics I couldn't before! And we've finally cleared up all that "I don't give a shit" crap.

10. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    I've always thought it was "Start the Machine"...How can you mistake that :|

Also, I always just figured these were original samples, but I totally respect taking stuff and making your own thing with other peoples samples. /renard

11. The Moogs

The Moogs

Oldbie
    <a href="http://s0.ilike.com/play#Catch+22:It+Takes+Some+Time:90922:s4760733.8598118.792665.0.2.41%2Cstd_a44d017b95244e00a823783884ce1ce6" target="_blank">http://s0.ilike.com/play#Catch+22:It+Takes...823783884ce1ce6</a>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTS1AGnrBkY

The baseline in this Catch 22 song is really similar to Ethno Circus Blazey Mix. I would do some sort of mash up video but I don't have to skills.

Edit: That seemed a tad bland and not too on topic with the topic.

Upon slowing down both the tempo and the pitch from Ethno Circus, is seems that all the "vocals" are chopped up bits of words, so it would probably be near impossible to find the source of them. Unless one were to take the sample bits and try to piece them together to form some coherent phrases.

12. Well, that's a relief. I thought it was something like "Taco meat stuck on mah face."

I'm still interested in finding the source.

13. plushifoxed

plushifoxed

that power is yet unknown Oldbie
    jazzy nyc
    puella magi chroma magica
    That album is so fucking awesome

Anyway, I wonder if anyone's ever done this for JSRF? I'd love to hear the source material for Funky Dealer, Oldies but Happies and Like This Like That.

14. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    Oh god.

Eye on the winner! Got a hot hand! Place your bets, ladies and gentlemen!

That's just plain... poppycock!

I don't like it! Take it easy

Where the fuck does that guy find this shit? Let Mom Sleep and Jeh Jeh Rocket were already huge revelations, I wonder if he even has any idea where they originally come from.

15. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    I've heard the "The music just turns me on" sample in other songs too, although I've never found the actual source.

16. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    I remember I found the sample from Let Mom Sleep "Will you stop playing with that radio of yours? I'm trying to get some sleep!"
    Came from a song called "Too Funky" by George Michael, but that originated from The Russ Abbot Show.

As for "That's just plain...poppycock," I believe it came from a voice clip from Richard Nixon.

...Or that's just what Wikipedia says. Might be right, or wrong.

17. "Saturday Night Style" by Mikey Dread - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JB3snXecVoA

It's in the last ten seconds of the track.

18. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Now I can't UN-Hear that. Thanks.

Whenever I would hear "Too Back, Too Strong" it always reminded me of Malcolm X and I could never figure out why until now. To me it just seemed so out of place in a Sonic game.

They need to stop doing this sample crap. It sounded like shit in Sonic 3 (although I've grown fond of the ones from that game over time) and it sounds like shit now....just STOP! Adding it into the background where it's faintly recognizable seems like a complete waste of time.

"Hot Hot Hot" was new to me. I always heard it in the track but could never make the comparison till today.

19. Now I'm curious if Sonic Rush Adventure has any identifiable samples...

20. TheLoz

TheLoz

UK
    Learning
    Taco taco "meat beat" taco max space. That's what I heard, and it bothered me. Your version is less worrying, I'll try and hear that instead.
    That Malcolm X sample though - don't know why that didn't ring a bell. We listened to some of his speeches in History class, and now that's just spun me out and I can't un-hear it.