don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    That was shot down fast.

How's it feel knowing you've come all this way from first releasing this back in 02?

(And I remember it when you did, BTW)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVDm7MXwi8c

2. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    Going back to the Amazon delivery thing, I updated my shipping confirmation a few hours ago and I just got an email saying that I now have release day delivery. If you're still in shipping limbo and you haven't done that trick yet, it will most likely solve your problem.

3. /dev/sr0

/dev/sr0

"Produced in C double plus programming language"

4. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    Taxman near instantaneously shooting it down. Good to see you here man. :)

Yes there is! Well there is via Steam. Sonic Mania's Steam Spy page currently at ~18K sales: http://steamspy.com/app/584400

5. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

It didn't work for me, yesterday so I'm not sure it's even worth trying again. So I'm just gonna wait it out and not mind the extra day wait.

6. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    [​IMG]

7. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    >Chimpo

<3

+ - Where the streams at?  

8. Wow, holy shit. That's a name I've not heard in years.

9. Vangar

Vangar

Sup Chimpo

10. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    >Chimpo
    Next thing you know OSM is gonna come back any moment

11. Yuzu

Yuzu

I like where this thread's going.

12. Fred

Fred

Taking a break Oldbie
    Portugal
    Sonic 3 Unlocked
    I hope there's online multiplayer, should be a good experience considering all the plebs are being triaged in advance.

Also, obligatory "hi Chimpo"

13. Okamikurainya

Okamikurainya

Somewhere in Africa
    Sonic: Time Attacked - MAX
    I just realized... This will be the first time we'll get to officially go Super Sonic in a Sonic CD stage. That makes me unreasonably happy. :)

14. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    The Steam listing has specified "local multiplayer" for quite a while now - I think if there was online too it would have been listed at the same time. Don't get me wrong - I'd love it if it were there and it'd be a nice surprise, but I've not been expecting it since the listing was updated with that info.

Haha, hadn't thought of that, but you're absolutely right! That'll be awesome. Will also be the first time a Sonic CD stage is officially available to play as Knuckles! = )

Also... may have totally caved and bought a Sonic Mania t-shirt (thanks for finally making them available in the UK, SEGA) and a USB adapter for my Mega Drive controllers. I'm not over-excited about this game, honest...! ; )

15. 33 sec. speedrun of GHZ1:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS-xEAXE0cU

The Drop Dash is going to be a boon to speedrunners.

16. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3h5n6DD3sA[/youtube]

There's a link in the top comment showing a possible spoiler (if the screenshot isn't fake), but either way it is
    something we are expecting to see in the game regardless.

17. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Just a quick speculative tangent while counting down the last few days to release - what are people hoping for end-credits-wise? We know there'll be some sort of opening animation, but has there been any indication as to whether or not there'll be an ending animation too a la Sonic CD?

Music-wise, I'm torn between hoping for a Mega Drive style credits medley or a vocal song of some sort - personally I'd find the former more nostalgic and it'd give us a chance to relisten to some of Tee Lopes' awesome tunes, but on the other hand the latter would probably be more accurate to the Satura era, with both Sonic 3D and Sonic R sporting a vocal theme over the credits. If the latter, hopefully it'll be more in the vein of R or CD than 3D, though - the 3D credits song just lacks any energy and feels a bit repetitive after a while.

Also:
    It's a fake, and a bad one at that - just a modified version of this screenshot with Sonic/Tails blanked out and the Score/Time/Rings/Lives readouts badly altered with little attention paid to correctly spacing the new numbering. Yawn.

At least they bothered to paint out Tails' skidding dust from inside the mesh tube - shame the same level of attention wasn't paid elsewhere! = P

18. Ultimate wishlist? Sonic 3 credits theme remix, Stranger in Moscow be damned. :v

19. Creature SH

Creature SH

I'm fairly confident that that's exactly what makes the game file the relatively large size that it is. HD video is big. (I actually got my account to try to point that out earlier in the discussion, but it had moved on in the meantime)

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Did anyone else order the PC collectors edition? Have you received any notification of it shipping? Because I still don't even have a shipping date for it.