don't click here

Sonic Mania Adventures

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by LukyHRE, Mar 30, 2018.

1. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    That was the best possible ending and post-ending.

I hope that we'll look at this miniseries in the future and see it as the beginning of something good, and not as a success that was ignored by SEGA.

PS: SEGA, we want the next series done in the same style and by the same team. Yes, both things are important.

And give them money. Lots of money, lower the budget of the movie that nobody wants, if needed.

2. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

That was the intent for sure. A small beat where Knuckles stops and notices Sonic while walking out to give a "wait...then who..." expression had to be cut for time, but Knuckles definitely thought he just sent Sonic into orbit. Either way is an accurate interpretation though. He gets his emerald back and that's the only thing that really matters, it just adds a layer that he goes off looking for Sonic and finds his doppleganger instead.

3. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    So Knuckles punched the Super out of another Sonic... I'm guessing he really does have Chaos Energy negating punches.

4. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    I didn't know I needed an ending like that in my life until now. Absolute masterpiece. Gonna re-watch the full cut over dinner and love it all again!
    Also this really felt like a love letter to the Sonic OVA in parts. I couldn't stop smiling throughout!

Great work Mania Adventures Team. You've all set the new bar.

5. Maaaan, this entire mini-series was just pure perfection! The ending was phenomenal in every way. I loved the moment where Sonic got all geared up to fight Metal and Tails just facepalmed... It's incredible how well each of these characters' personalities are depicted in such a short amount of time. What a lovable gang, and what an amazing production! It's been a while since I had such a big, stupid grin on my face. Congratulations to everyone involved!

6. Laughingcow

Laughingcow

Resident Edgelord PHD Member
    Knuckles is the One-Punch Man of the Sonic Universe confirmed.

I want more of this. More simple, lovingly crafted shorts like this. Don't need a high budget movie or any extra strenuous 3d, just simple fun cartoons. I hope this has exceed Sega's expectation.

7. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    I can't believe they made the best Sonic cartoon.

Also, the all episodes version on the Youtube has slightly different scoring/sounds at times. They sloppily masked out a repeated sound effect when Sonic takes The Big Step. The after-credits stuff is seamless now and at least one ending song is cut and sound effects are louder (Ep4 after-credits laugh is loud and clear). Worth a watch this way for sure, feels quite good and whole.

8. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    So who saved all six videos in the highest possible quality for eventual upload to the wiki?

9. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    I'm not an expert when it comes to animated series on the internet but this one looks good and has a good sense of humor. To be honest I didn't expect Sonic ala Tyson to be this entertaining. Again, too bad it's only out on Youtube. I need to add this to my library.

You're doing a great job, man. I can only imagine how stressful it is to work on something like this.

10. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

This is at least one piece of Sonic animation that the Masters of which will not be lost to time.

11. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Watching all 5 in a row is magical, thank you so much.

12. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    I like that the episodes were more connected than I initially thought, all the way down to that device in the first episode.

Couldn't be happier with the way this ended. Doesn't take itself over-seriously (but when it does take the time to be serious it's actually very well done and surprising, with the music helping too, nothing is over done or over the top). Also does funny/silly just right and not in a cringy way at all. It can't be better - unless we get more, that would be the only way.

I do wonder if directing the animation is as fun as actively doing the animating, and if it's less or more stress.

13. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Loved this series from start to finish. My only nitpick with it is that we didn't need get a proper Super form for Metal Sonic, instead just having Metal's eyes turn yellow. Come on, you cowards!

14. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Wait, so why has Knuckles let Robotnik build such an obvious base on Angel Island unopposed, anyway?

15. RDNexus

RDNexus

I can only guess as long as the Master Emerald isn't a target, Knuckles may turn a blind eye to all the rest.

16. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I loved this mini series, and I wish we could have more. I suppose all good things have to come to a end eventually... My favorite episodes were the first one and last. I loved how Knuckles didn't give a fuck about the chaos emeralds, but as soon as Metal Sonic had the Master Emerald, he just punched him and Robotnik. xD I loved Sonic's, Tails', Ray's and Mighty's reactions to that scene. I loved the final scene too, I laughed my ass off when Tails coughed. :v:

17. Pengi

Pengi

This series was great! I hope we get more if there's ever a sequel to Sonic Mania. Ray and Metal Sonic were the highlights, they've never been better than they were here.

How come the story doesn't sync up with Encore Mode though? Which one should be considered the "true" continuation of the story?

18. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    I think Aaron said on stream that Adventures is non-canon.
    rip tailsXchillidog my otp

19. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    I don't understand why they couldn't have made all the different bits of Mania follow a single continuity. It's not like the Mania story is very complex. And it doesn't seem like it would have been too hard to make Adventures "optional-continuity". (E.g. The player can decide if Sonic travels from Forces to Encore more or Forces to Adventures to Encore).

Unless of course work started on Adventures before Encore mode.

Still, with the two worlds and now two dimensions, Sega seems to be (sadly) moving away from continuity (not that it was that strong to start with) so no big deal.

20. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    This is kinda sad.
    Even with all that spam, they couldn't take it below 5.
    [​IMG]