don't click here

Sonic & Knuckles finally coming to the Virtual Console.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by NintendoBrad, Oct 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NintendoBrad

NintendoBrad

http://vc.sega.jp/vc_sandk/

And it will lock on with Sonic 3, 2 and 1. That must be why it took as long as it did to be released. They actually implemented a nice menu for locking onto other games.

[​IMG]

2. Graxer

Graxer

Cool! This is great news! I hope they leave the title screens and file select menus unlike in the XBLA version.

3. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    You didn't watch the video, did you? They specifically showed the title screens for all the games. And you'll also be able to use level select and debug. :)

Now I'm going to have to buy all the other Sonic games...

4. Machenstein

Machenstein

This is amazing! I had a discussion with a friend about this the other day. He said that if Sonic & Knuckles were to come to the Virtual Console, Sega would just cheat us out of our money by having us pay for Sonic & Knuckles, S3&K, and Knuckles in Sonic 2 individually. It's good to see that Sega (and Nintendo) are above that after all. Way to earn my respect again.

5. Graxer

Graxer

I hadn't watched the video at the point I made the post, no. My connection was acting very slow at the time for some reason and the video kept on stopping to buffer.

6. That menu is surprizingly attractive. Curious about the price though, seeing as you are technically getting 4 games in 1 600 points, but bet that'll change when it comes over here. I thought normal MD games were 800.
    EDIT:
    I'm beginning to have my doubts about getting the lock-ons without the other games.

7. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    When did they imply the lock-on was free? I assumed you would have to have bought the other games already.

8. The menu makes out that all the lock-ons are there by default. Now I come to think of it, perhaps this particular file is on a system with all the other games too D:
    However, there is some red writing at the bottom of the menu... Can anyone translate this page accurately?

9. SWEET.

...But I already have Mega Collection...

10. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    It'd be funny if you could lock-on to every other Genesis VC game you have for a free special stage.

Guess that'd be asking too much, though, eh?

11. I've heard there are emulation differences, though. Anyone know the specific changes? The Mega Collection manual mentions something about graphics being changed, but I've never encountered anything that I haven't seen on YouTube of emulators or the original games.

12. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    ...and I already have Sonic Jam.

13. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    I have Sonic and Knuckles Collection, I don't see a need for this! :specialed:
    Actually, it's good to see that they've implemented lockon, dunno why it took long but hey, at least it offers lockon instead of it being unavailable like the Sega Megadrive Ultimate Collection.

14. Eviltaco64

Eviltaco64

Hopelessly Lost in Aisle 5 Member
    I'll just stick to playing it on my Xbox through NeoGenesis or my PSP through PicoDrive. ;)

I miss having the real hardware and games. :(

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Thank goodness, I might pick this up for the sake of convenience. Now that it locks on there is reason to actually buy it, and because it's not the Xbox no shitty filters and save systems involved :D

16. TSSZNews

TSSZNews

First @ Something or Other Banned
    The Update Desk
    Occasional JOURNALISM
    I'm quite surprised / scared that it took them well over a year and a half (since the ESRB hints first surfaced) to figure out the lock-on part.

17. NintendoBrad

NintendoBrad

The sound was pretty bad, too.

18. medj

medj

Cool, can't wait till this is available here in North America.

19. Glisp

Glisp

That one weird guy that does stuff. Member
    Bloomington, IN
    None at the moment I'm afraid.
    If I had a wii, I still wouldn't pay for this. If they haven't brought S3K onto it yet then why should I care? I'm not a huge fan of SK by itself because it feels so.....so..... incomplete without its other half. (and in case you are wondering, I only like playing Sonic 3 by itself because its the only one of those three games that I can actually listen to the music, as it was intended to be. I liked the Sonic 3 Miniboss and Invincibility themes over the ones in Sonic 3 and Knuckles and sonic and Knuckles by itself.

With that being said, I'm still happy for those who actually have the time to play this game alone, even with its lack of a save feature.

20. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Except SEGA has no control over when or what gets put on Virtual Console.

...and I already have the original carts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.