Sonic Generations Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Professional Electromancer Oldbie
    They confirmed that both Modern and Classic sonic get a boss battle against Metal Sonic, so I'd figure they each fight every boss.

I hope Metal Sonic's fight against Modern Sonic is the exact same was classic sonic - a race through Stardust Speedway Zone, only in 3D.

Uh, except Sega did exactly what I said to make the anniversary - they released an incomplete game on the 23rd.

2. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Tasty sauce please? First time I've heard this.

3. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    It was a demo. How pedantic are you going to be?

4. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    http://www.sonicparadise.net/2011/07/confirmado-oficialmente-chemical-plant.html

In Spanish of course, but I'm pretty sure they broke the news on this. I'm assuming the original source would be the Famitsu article, but I don't think I've seen scans of the actual article itself yet.

5. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Fuck, I spent this entire time looking for that link, and when I came back, you had already posted it haha

if someone can find me the original famitsu scan, I can confirm or deny it directly.

6. Nora Kisaragi

Nora Kisaragi

Chemical Plant zone tiles/objects arranged to mimic Stardust Speedway =/= Stardust Speedway. As Gene said, the background in the screenshot is clearly still chemical plant.

Let's chill and wait for some official confirmation before we jump to conclusions, 'kay? All that was confirmed today was CPZ, we can speculate Stardust from that screenshot, but it's not confirmed yet.

I do like CPZ's new look, though.

7. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    It's most definitely not, the ground tiles are totally different, the city in the background is different and the lamps are a dead give-away. Look at Ritz' comparison.

8. Nora Kisaragi

Nora Kisaragi

Once again, let's just wait for official confirmation. We aren't going to get anywhere speculating.

All I'm saying is nothing is yet confirmed besides CPZ, which is true. Let's move on to CPZ.

...uh. Games = Demos? What? News to me. There's a difference between buying a game and downloading a free demo, please learn it.

9. So Sega's going to Comic-Con!

So is anyone going to see if anythings changed (or not)?

10. Brad

Brad

yo Member
    UK
    I somehow doubt something will have changed, but I'm sure it'll get checked out anyway. :v:

They're also displaying an unannounced game, but that's rumoured to be Aliens Infestation. But it could be the return of... It.

11. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Am I the only one that noticed that aside from Green Hill, City Escape is the second most officially "remixed" song out of the series?:

C_Escape (as in the original instrumental trial version)

City Escape (Final)

City Escape (Final Intrumental)

City Escape 2p

City Escape Classic

City Esacpe Modern

SIX different versions. Only Green Hill trumps this with a total of 9 (?) (Original, SA2 Version, Sunset Hill Map, SH1, SH2, SH3, Generations Classic, Generations Modern, Generation Modern Boost).

I really didn't like the Modern version and thought it was obvious that the SA2 City Escape track was going to fit right in....guess not. I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of the music, or at least the pre-modern era music, since I'm not familiar with most of the music from those games.

12. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Wow. Don't get snarky with me when I get pedantic over some guy spurting off about "THEY ALREADY MISSED THE BIRTHDAY SO OBVIOUSLY THEY'D DELAY THE GAME TO MISS THE 20TH ANNIVERSARY"

There's a reason why a stupid statement nets a stupid reply, please learn it.

You can do anything (Toot Toot Sonic Warrior)

Sonic CD title Screen
    Sonic CD Speed up Shoes
    Sonic CD Invincibility
    Sonic CD intro cinema
    Sonic 2 SMS - Green Hills Zone
    Sonic Drift - Invincibility Theme
    Sonic Remix - Brand New World
    Sonic Gems - Museum Mix

YCDA has City Escape beat.

EDIT: You also forgot a few GHZ remixes, noticeably the Sonic Battle remix.

13. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Great maybe someone can go there and ask them to confirm weither that really is stardust speedway or CPZ in metal sonic's boss battle. wonder what will be playable in the comic-con demo?...

14. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Welp, here's the status of the demo:

On the 360, simply setting your date back and launching the demo will let you play it.

On the PS3, the game fails to launch at all, saying it's expired. Setting the date back doesn't fix this. Deleting the game, setting the date back, and reinstalling doesn't either. Anybody have any idea how we could get around this?

15. Tried taking it off the Internet? The PSN may be whats not letting it work.

16. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Affirmative. I wasn't signed on at all the whole time. On the 360, the demo still launches, then just tells you it's expired once you get in-game. Looks like the XMB might provide an extra layer? It's gonna suck if I can't get through this, considering how much time I put into enabling the modern level, haha.

17. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Damn. I think you're SoL as of now... Maybe Polygon Jim or someone else will ninja and have a way around this. o.o

Really though, why'd SEGA have to make this expireable :c

18. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    You have to be connected to XBL to play the demo, you can not change the date while connected to XBL, so this does not work. All you can do is watch the trailer after it tells you the demo is expired.

19. Tiranno

Tiranno

Steveosaurus Rex Member
    Disable your Xbox Live connection (unplug it/disable wireless connection), set date back to 2005, open the demo, sign in when asked, "Play the demo!".

20. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

I think the theory is that there will be multiple demos

and if they didn't expire, you could kinda collect them to gain a large portion of the game for free

or something

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.