don't click here

Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Andrew75, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. Props to you, Dario, and everyone for all of the work put into this.

2. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
    [​IMG]

So for the most part this doesn't crash at all. Only because its missing things that Dario can fix. But thats not important, what is important is that "Look theres foot collision like in Unleashed!, that wasn't used in Generations but how?" Anyways that happened and its pretty darn cool.

3. SF94

SF94

Tech Member
    That looks nice. Now just make his shadow affected by directional lighting properly like in Unleashed, and we've got... uh, Unleashed.

I wonder if that's actually possible, though. I'm sure some of you may have noticed, but Sonic's shadow is directly below him at all times in Generations, unlike in Unleashed. Example: Unleashed - Generations.

Although I suppose having the shadow directly below Sonic does help with aiming your fall...

4. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    That should be possible to do, if we get the GI textures working correctly. I remember seeing settings in the Sonic.prm.xml about the shadow. But I'm not sure it might be in the collision data that does that.

I pretty much got Chunan done the xml just needs to be fixed up to test it more. I might try cracking at that myself so Dario doesn't have to keep doing all the xml stuff all the time. I should learn to use that SonicGLvl, plus it be fun to learn. Anyways this is fun to do, pretty much remaking the stage collision and fixing it up. Its quite nice rather than trying to convert the old collision to be new.

5. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    So SEGA said they'll be releasing new DLC this month. One stage they said they were going to import was Ice Cap. The Modern version closely resembles a darker variant of Cool Edge and White Acropolis (minus the military stuff) while the Classic one resembles almost every ice stage ever made in 2D. Only was able to grab two pics of the Modern half. Enjoy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Portalboat

Portalboat

Um, where did you get that info about the DLC? I can't find it anywhere.

7. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Why can't DLCs be free. Oh well, I'll buy it when I have the chance. when you mean "this month". I'm assuming you mean February?

8. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Wow, that looks awfully like Holoska that I let you snag at. I must be seeing things, anyways nice job with the collision so far.

9. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    Generations isn't getting any more DLC. He's trolling. Something about sharks.

10. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    I had a feeling he was, but I had hope.=/

11. Chimera

Chimera

Castlevania prettyness
    I thought it was kinda obvious guys. Didn't you see Dario's import of Holoska? And how all the texture mapping got fucked up? :psyduck:

Apologies for the "trolling;" I prefer to call it elaborately saying "I'm getting collision to work while also generationsing the object layout." But oh well V:

I need an idea for what to do about the whale. Last time I checked, Unleashed doesn't have the same .model format as Generations PC so I can't just port the model of the whale and make a custom animation.

Regarding the bobsleigh... I have my own idea how to fix that ;P (no it has nothing to do with carts)

12. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Scrap the whale entirely, make some sort of new platform and snowboard the fuckers.

At least, for the first one. The second whale... I don't know. Platforming segment?

13. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash

New Lenox, IL
    Generations Level (Experimenting)
    Well, thank god..

14. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    Rookies.

15. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Thiiiiiiiiis. It's a win-win.

Either that or retexture the killer whale from Seaside Hill.

16. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash

New Lenox, IL
    Generations Level (Experimenting)

Lol without the lighting some parts of it look like the Wii/PS2 version. Anyways, it's looking amazing dude :DD

17. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Am I right in assuming that if you went Super and tried boosting, you'd follow GHZ Act 2's set path?

Is there any way to make Modern Super Sonic NOT go into play the level for you mode when boosting?

18. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    I would assume make it use the same path that you normally use for Sonic and replace it over the super sonic paths, just copy paste and that would work. I haven't tried that though.

19. Chimera

Chimera

Castlevania prettyness
    @Gene: Stop reading my mind.

@Lobotomy: You too :(

Yes. Just delete the <Path> node for Super Sonic's guide path in stage.stg.xml and delete the path.xml that has Super Sonic's flight (name is not at the top of my head)

Also attempting to find out what controls getting the you know what in Urban Flee.

20. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    More lazy music hacking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqasHokvabk