don't click here

Sonic Generations Hacking (and More!)

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Andrew75, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Code (Text):
    2. /*select Bone_root_array[1]
    3. scale $ [36.0,36.0,36.0]
    4. rotate $ (angleaxis 90 [1,0,0])*/
    5. —actionMan.executeAction 0 "311"  -- Tools: Zoom Extents All Selected
    So, do I just remove the comment it? This from the latest script packed with SonicGLVL. I also see this as well.

Code (Text):
    2. newBone = bonesys.createbone    \
    3.                 tfm.row4    \
    4.                 (tfm.row4 + 0.01 * (normalize tfm.row1)) \
    5.                 (normalize tfm.row3)
    6.             newBone.name   = Bone_Data_array[I].BoneName
    8.             newBone.width  = 0.01
    9.             newBone.height = 0.01
    10.             newBone.transform = tfm
    12.             pos = (-1) * [m14,m24,m34]
    13.             pos = pos * tfm
    This is the only one I see, and it's commented.

2. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    I think the problem might be that the script does an internal transformation for the Z Axis to be up, but Damizean's tool doesn't transform it(I don't know about this, I haven't tried the tool, but I'll assume that's the case). Older versions of the model script didn't do this internal transformation, but it didn't keep the consistency between Max and the game. (The ogre tools and the used Havok filters for exporting take into account the transformation as if everything was in Z-Up)

If that is indeed the problem well... there's plenty of ways to solve it, but it depends on who's willing to add to what the conversions. :v:

3. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Okay. The animation imported, but it didn't attach to the Sonic Model. It just made a ball of bones.Of course I tired 2013, 2012, and 2011. All did the same thing.

4. SF94

SF94

Tech Member
    How about we just have somebody who knows how to do it (relatively; or whatever is the best currently) correctly document it, and provide links to all the required scripts and crap, so when somebody asks what to do, we have a semi-definitive way to explain it? Or at least, whatever is the most definitive at the time.

Of all the methods I've tried in order to do the same thing being discussed now, not one has worked entirely correctly. I can get Damizean's method to work with an old model importer script that I modified, but not with the latest one. If I use the latest one, I get some similar issues to the screenshots and videos posted earlier. And it's slow. The "Skyrim" method was pretty quick, but hardly ever worked correctly.

tl;dr write this shit down guys :colbert:

5. Falk

Falk

IT'S... IT'S ALIVE

oh this was in related videos, hi cutie.

6. SonicHyuga

SonicHyuga

Tennessee
    Sky Rail (Generations) and Aquarium Park (Generations)
    For a moment the thumbnail looked like he was on Skis...

EDIT: New page >_>

7. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    So, I soft of got it. Importing the Dae file got me this. I still don't know why his mouth is inside his face.

Importing the .model with the script imports the bones but doesn't seem to attach the animation unless it's the sonic mesh is named "chr_classic_sonic_HD".

8. Paraxade

Paraxade

Question, though I think I already know what the answer will be. Would it be possible to disable spindash in 3D (but not in 2D)? It would be pretty handy for classic levels with both 3D and 2D sections. Of course, it'd be even better to fix the spindash, but barring that I could see a 3D classic section working pretty well without spindash, provided the level is designed for it.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Now I'm just talking out my ass here, but I want to say yes. After all something similar must occur for modern sonic when he switches from 3d to 2d and can no longer quickstep or drift, same with the quickstep sections disabling drifting as well

10. Is this animation still in the game?
    [​IMG]

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ya, it's one of the lower rank poses, C or B I think

13. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Oh my good god, you made my day posting this. Brilliant.

14. Retroman

Retroman

Try contacting someone on Facepunch Forum. They have a 'Sonic the Hedgehog Thread' for all models, and they ported Classic Sonic to G-Mod, so maybe they can help you understand how the model works. It's under the 'Models' Sub-section, but you need to register obviously... unless you already have an account.

Wait, what are you trying to do again, are you trying to edit Classic Sonic's bones so that you could port custom bones?

15. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    No, I plan on importing Classic Sonic to the Sonic GDK. The animations are not importing correctly. I already have an account at Facepunch there.

16. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

This isn't exactly an important or big thing, but given the somewhat recent discovery of the Unleashed renderers and shaders, I was a bit curious about something. Looking back, I can see that Sonic had a neat trailing effect when he did a homing-attack or slide. Is there any leftover code that contains that? I wouldn't be surprised, given how much other leftover stuff there seems to be. (In fact, I heard that the crouch-kick animation is leftover as well... can I get a confirmation on that?)

17. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    Oh. My. God. That is all.

18. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    so, has anyone released some character swaps yet that make use of the Mod Installer? I only found a Metal Sonic one, that doesn't have all the animations yet.

19. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    So lately I see allot of people complaining about how much Planet Wisp sucks in Generations.

I ask you guys, does anyone have any plans to re-do Planet Wisp in Generations? be pretty cool to see what fans would come up with as a "good" version of Planet Wisp.

20. I'm still just in the concept and planning stage, but I was considering doing something with Splash Hill Zone. I figure that while the original version got a lot of hate, it still seems like there's something worth using there. (That, and it seemed simple enough for a first attempt at learning 3D software.)

On a related note, is it possible to use Google SketchUp to design the level and make the file for importing? I'm not entirely sure my computer can run 3DS Max. I can never comprehend the system requirements and how they compare to my laptop. If it helps, here's what I'm using:

System
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
    Model Compaq Presario CQ60 Notebook PC
    Total amount of system memory 2.00 GB RAM
    System type 32-bit operating system
    Number of processor cores 2
    64-bit capable Yes

Storage
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 233 GB
    Disk partition (C:) 57 GB Free (222 GB Total)
    Disk partition (D:) 2 GB Free (11 GB Total)
    Media drive (E:) CD/DVD
    Media drive (F:) CD/DVDCD/DVD

Graphics

Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G
    Total available graphics memory 895 MB
    Dedicated graphics memory 256 MB
    Dedicated system memory 0 MB
    Shared system memory 639 MB
    Display adapter driver version 8.15.11.8644
    Primary monitor resolution 1366x768
    DirectX version DirectX 10