don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. glem3

glem3

Hmmm... I'm beginning to notice most of the powerups can only be used in 2D. Or we've only seen them in 2D. Drill, rocket, hover/light dash, spikes... only laser seems to be usable in 3D.

Speaking of which, if you don't hit a crystal with the laser, it just shoots you forward a bit. We've seen it happen a couple times.

2. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Thanks for the new google desktop image:
    [​IMG]

3. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Or bounces you off the walls. That's a major part of it, too.

Like I said, you probably get more distance if you ricochet, like with Sparkster's jetpack.

4. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

This. I think it also means he would be able to 'foil' Sonic better, who has logic and wisdom but is rather book dumb. I think his intellegence needs to have some sort of setback, and a naivete of sorts could work. Also I think he needs to be a bit more hyperactive and bratty again. He seems way to sensible and recessive for a little kid. Come on, who doesn't want games Tails to yell 'YOU'RE NO HEEEEEELLLLLP!!!!'.

I do agree he doesn't have to swoon at everything Sonic does and follow his every movement, I just mean there should be some basic interaction with them in a casual friendly sense. They don't really converse at all outside missions (Chronicles tried to have them converse but it came off as really forced and awkward).

'Sooo...nice to see you...'
    'Yeah...nice to see...yeah...'
    Want me to work on that devic...
    Yeah you do that...

There just seems to be zero chemistry between them, they have ZERO in common with each other.

If anyone's seen the chemistry between Baloo and Kit in Talespin you may get what I mean. Kit is competant and intelligent, and has a history outside Baloo, but he is still close to the latter, looks up to him and has personality quirks that have them relate to one another and enjoy their company. Not to mention he could switch between knowing the whole inside out of plane structures and then flying a toy one around with his hand, complete with childish 'nyyyaaaaaa' noises.

5. glem3

glem3

I don't know why you think that, but whether you ricochet off a wall or go straight, the laser lasts for the same amount of time. Go find two videos and you can time it if you don't believe me.

Edit:

On another note, here's where we know each of the wisps are found:

Cyan Wisp / Laser: Tropical Resort

Yellow Wisp / Drill: Sweet Mountain

Orange Wisp / Rocket: Planet Wisp

Green Wisp / Hover: Starlight Carnival

Blue Wisp / P-Switch: Aquatic Park

Pink Wisp / Spike: Asteroid Coaster or Final Stage

Purple Wisp / Eat: Final Stage or Asteroid Coaster

6. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Don't you unlock wisps after you beat the stage it was from? it would be cool to use different wisps in levels.

7. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Yup. I made that point a few pages back. That's one of the advertised replayability grabs of the Wisps. Makes it more fun to revisit stages.

Also: I'm gonna give a fair shake to E-122-Psi. He's more or less got the right idea with Tails having more natural, likable chemistry with the hero. Makes the little guy less of a superintelligent, sophisticated piece of furry yellow cardboard and more of a precocious flesh-and-blood little kid brother. That's nice, and an excellent use of the character. Just remember the relationship Sonic and Chip shared in Unleashed, and expand upon the basic idea with Tails.

8. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Professional Electromancer Oldbie
    I pre-ordered this today, and my girlfriend got mad that I spent $50 on this instead of groceries (which we need). But then I showed her a picture of the hat and she was totally on board :v:

9. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Sounds like she's a winner. :v:

10. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    She's certainly got her priorities straight. Fluffy hedgehog hat > basic necessities.

11. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Could someone explain to me the appeal in the Hats? Not that they're bad, I just don't see the big deal.

12. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    It looks so fucking stupid that owning it will have a reverse affect on its lameness, making you look like a total stud.

13. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

the appeal is

[​IMG]

that it's fucking awesome.

14. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Goddamnit. You guys are going to make me cave.

That hat did look rather nice at FYE ...

O.O

15. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.

You would starve for that fucking hat?

Thats...dedication right there. I know what you mean, halo reach made me really low on food and money for a week but that limited was worth it.

True sign of soo-hardcore-that-they-become-idiots fans is when they would spend their life's blood on vidya gamez. :specialed:

16. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    Besides, that hat is fucking adorable. Plop that sucker on a little kid and watch everyone in the room go "D'AAAWW!"

17. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Plop it on your 20-year-old self, though, and you'll either look pathetically stupid or stupidly awesome.

18. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Fuck that I'm gonna wear it myself while I play Sonic Colors

19. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    And then she slapped you for paying the entire thing up-front rather than just dropping the necessary $5 and spending the rest on groceries, right?

20. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Wait, what? Did you read what he said?