don't click here

Sonic Classic Heroes

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by flamewing, Nov 2, 2010.

1. dsrb

dsrb

I would say Heroes should go below the numbers. That's how the title reads horizontally, after all. FWIW, I think it works well enough without needing to think up a new one.

2. I had thought that just after posting:
    [​IMG]

One would give you more room below to work with, but the ring behind them doesn't look very even.
    EDIT: Totally missed Flamewing's post, I can work on the one before one if that's what you prefer.

3. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    Oh man, this is awesome.

So, question. Will these remain as two separate hacks?

4. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Don't forget to put blue stars on the bottom of the yellow ring, between the one and the two there. You know, for consistency. :)

5. flamewing

flamewing

Emerald Hunter Tech Member
    France
    Sonic Classic Heroes; Sonic 2 Special Stage Editor; Sonic 3&K Heroes (on hold)
    These actually look better :). I would still like to see the shine in the numbers go away, the 'and' being replaced by an ampersand and maybe the numbers being moved closer together :v:.

Edit:
    They can -- I have taken care to be able to build either Sonic 2: Heroes or Sonic 1 and 2: Heroes by changing a variable. I don't know if I will keep them separate, though.

6. Shall take that into consideration, but in the original picture the bottom ring lacks them *shrugs*

Alrighty, should the ampersand be in the same style of the numbers or the same as ColinC10's did? Doing it Colinc10's way would get the closer together feel.

7. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Ah, so it does. Sorry about that, my OCD kicked in. (But I still think it'd look better :ssh: )

8. flamewing

flamewing

France
    I think the ampersand being in the style of the numbers, but about half or one-third their heights would be best. FWIW, I am preferring the right image at this point (but I am open to the other one too).

9. Thought you'd like the second one, I'll go at it then.

10. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    What if I have every intention of putting S2 Heroes on cart because it's the only way I ever wanna play Sonic 2 again? :P

11. flamewing

flamewing

France
    Well, I can add an option to play only the Sonic 2 levels (disabling the S1 Special Stages and Team Hyper) when you start a new game; would that do it?

Edit: And FYI, I still haven't broken the 2MB barrier.

12. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    I think that Sonic Heroes in Sonic the Hedgehog 1&2 would sound better, or even Team Sonic in Sonic the Hedgehog 1&2.

Agreed. Normaly I find Sonic 2 a bit dull when compared to the others in the classic series but I completed this hack seven times in row to explore every character combination, it expands upon my enjoyablity of original Sonic 2 immensely.

13. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    Actually, that would be a nice feature. Have a "Sonic 1 - Sonic 2 - Sonic 1&2" option?

14. flamewing

flamewing

France
    The Sonic 1 option would give slightly more work as I will need to implement some sort of ending to the Sonic 1 portion; hopefully not be too much work, but I have to check nevertheless.

15. Small update, there is no way to get the ampersand in the same style as the one and the two, without it making it look.. odd. The text uses 45 degrees and 90 degrees angles. the ampersand requires.. More..?
    [​IMG]

What's your oppinion?

16. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    I prefer the "Sonic Classic Heroes" name myself, but whatever floats your boat

17. Damn ampersand. Haha.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

EDIT: grr. White Dot.

18. Kilometers Prower

Kilometers Prower

no mater wot medoner ses Oldbie
    USA
    I highly recommend this as an option.

Everything looks bloody fantastic, by the way. Keep up the awesome work! :)

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well fuck at this point just throw in level transitions and Sonic 3&K and you'll have the ultimate beast (I know that game was 4mb, but with some of the important data is already in the game like art and shields and characters. Also without multiplayer and blue spheres you could save lots of space. But I'm just talkin out of my ass)

20. I'm going to throw this out as a suggestion, but mainly for a right laugh.

Since we have Team Mini. Where's team XL?

[​IMG]

On less funny matters,
    Why the choice to announce Sonic 1 becoming a part of the hack? Was their an agreement between you and ColinC10 to release it now?