don't click here

Sonic Classic Collection

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    We could have an Island map on the bottom screen, like in Sonic 1 SMS/GG or Sonic 3D Blast PC/Saturn with the HUD.

2. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    That would take new art! Can't have that!

3. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Aw, that would have been so cool.

I would have loved to see the island maps on the bottom screen, better artwork and a nicer look into Sonic's world.

4. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    The "Score" "Time" and "Rings" thing must have been shifted to the right slightly, since they would have been cut off otherwise.

5. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Even though they totally fucked up the graphics, I may still get this game. Portable Sonic is pretty awesome, and seeing how I'll probably never get a Nomad I might as well get this collection.

6. Innocence

Innocence

(ノ-_-)ノ Member
    I'd rather have emulated versions of the games than have horribly made ports of them, anyways (*coughcoughSonic1GBA*)

I still think that the developers should have injected extra content into the games (Like Knuckles in Sonic 1 or Sonic 2 with a fully playable Hidden Palace Zone). Too late now.. =(

7. Flygon

Flygon

Either they give an option to turn off scaling or I'm not biting. :colbert:

8. Granville

Granville

US
    ^This. Even in JenesisDS, you could turn the scaling off, which I always do. The smaller view isn't even a problem at all. I beat ALL 4 Sonic games in the DS emulator.

On the other hand, I wonder if it would be possible to unpack the rom and see if the original Genesis roms are there. VC games are that way, but it would have to be an emulation. If that were the case, maybe one could swap other games back in, like hacks. I seriously doubt it, but I won't rule it out. Some people can even swap sound data out and into DS games.

9. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    You just compared motherfuckin' blue hedgehogs to the Declaration of Independence. You need to get your perspective on life in check.

Peace.

Again... effort. All of these dreams are usually satisfied by some great ROM hacks though. That's where I get my fix. I just plop them all on JenesisDS. Portable Megamix or S2 Advance Edit anytime!

10. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Even so, there's a feeling of emptiness when the real thing is constantly bested by fan-works. That's why a lot of people feel so let down.

11. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    Not in my wallet. Shit don't cost me a dime.

12. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Yup, different values. If I want a game, piracy isn't enough. Call it a collectors urge or something

13. Slingerland

Slingerland

Oldbie
    Hechoeg Frat
    Sonic Mania
    I feel ya, man. I was just making a dumbass crack. ;)

14. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    From the blognik:
    Real or bullshit? Do we really know what those games were called internally?

15. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    lol I just seen the screens on the main page.

sega: "hey let's take away every 6th line, no one will notice!" "yeah brilliant plan!"

16. Runner

Runner

Long time no see, old friend. Member
    So, I woke up my old Genesis just to do this image :v:
    [​IMG]

+ - I discovered that some (not all) of my old saves is still there in the Sonic 3 cart even after many years without turning on the Genesis.  

17. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    It all sounds like P.R. bullshit to me, but at the same time I've no evidence to really back this up, at least on an internal Sega level.

Part of me isn't too keen on how this is turning out, though I saw it coming sadly, but at the same time, thanks to the PSP, portable Sonic, let alone Genesis games, isn't really much of a problem for me.

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Someone go find the list of games that were rated before this collection was announced. I'm pretty sure it's listed as "KNUCKLES IN SONIC 3" on there. I would do it, but I'm at work and have hardly got a minute.

19. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    No, the list of games rated only had Sonic The Hedgeohg 1 Sonic The Hedgehog 2, Sonic the Hedgehog3 and Sonic and Knuckles. The list mentioning Knuckles in Sonic The Headgehog 3 was the one leaked showing a classic collection for PSN.

20. S0nicsch0ice

S0nicsch0ice

So would this collection be like Sonic Jam, maybe with interviews and original concept art etc? (plus a shit load more if they intend to sell it for $99) It should AT LEAST have the sonic 3 + S&K lock-on, I can't even begin to say how annoying it is not to be able to have that in the recent comps they seem to constanly release, I have to have my MegaDrive on 24 hour stand-by...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.