don't click here

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Shadow Hog, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Actual News! Shade and E-123 Omega are playable. Knuckles' overworld abilities are limited to climbing ladders. Journalists still don't realize that adding an "s" to the word "Chao" changes its meaning entirely.

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    lol climbing ladders. How does that make Knuckles special? Big can climb ladders too, and pretty fuckin quickly I might add.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Interesting. According to Roareye from the SSMB (He had a play test of the game for some reason (here)) Diamond Dust has been remixed into the game for the Central City Level (it's from the Genesis version of Sonic 3D Blast)

4. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Climbing... ladders... boy, guess they didn't want to take away from Tails' usefulness by letting Knuckles glide across chasms.

Diamond Dust was a good tune, but I'd have liked to hear a remix of Rusty Ruin. That had one of the most killer synthesized bass lines in the Sonic series I've heard.

So... Sonic is now commanded by the military? I thought they were evil bastards anyway.

5. I'm just stoked they even remembered Sonic 3D Blast.

6. P.P.A.

P.P.A.

SONIC 2 SUCKS, SONIC CD FOREVER Member
    Germany
    Sonic MD (Currently: Art for Zone 3)
    It also made no sense to me that Shadow was a GUN employee in Sonic 06. I mean weren't they, like, the people who killed Maria and Prof. Gerald Robotnik?!

7. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Regarding Sonic's mission, I'd imagine he'd have wanted to go and find Knuckles anyway. Shadow is where things get weird as you could argue there IS no set canonical storyline in that game - until the final part, anyway.

8. Dan Genesis

Dan Genesis

As it was predicted. Plus, this is like some cute Member
    Top Secret. Bitch.
    KuroKomix LPs and Blog.
    Yeah, but, if you play all the way through Shadow The Hedgehog, he lets go of the past and all and even tosses a picture of Maria and the Professor aside, indicating he's going to forget about it. Plus, he was created to save the world, and since that's his purpose, might as well get paid for it.

9. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    Fuck, I laughed pretty hard.
    I'm still not quite sure of what to make of this, I mean, Sonic + RPG do't seem to ft together that well. Especially if the RPG is going to be anything like Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time. I think that's put me off RPG's altogether =P

10. Yuzu

Yuzu

I think the Nintendo Official Magazine review for the original Mario And Luigi was worth more money than Partners In Time, seriously that HILARIOUS.

11. I think the mistake everyone's making here is obvious - Partners in Time is not an RPG. It's a turn-based dungeon-roaming game. Seriously, there's no (real) plot twists, a hub instead of an overworld, very little dialouge from the antagonists, and overly complicated the game to the point that Mario and Luigi lost their own quirks. The original had a plot that changed mid-way through the game, a large new kingdom that had never been seen before as an overworld, memorable "I have fury!" lines from the villians, and intriguing character set-up, resulting in unique abilities for each character.

12. superstarCSB

superstarCSB

snootch Member
    Lawrence, Kansas
    I probably should get back to work on my site someday...
    Not sure if this has been posted yet, but the official site is up:

Clicky

Go to the second area on the site and you'll hear a familiar tune.

13. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    It definitely sounds familiar...

Oh shit, is that Panic Puppet from Saturn 3D Blast?

EDIT: Fuck yeah it is.

14. theSTHguy

theSTHguy

Fear the wrath of my ∫! Ha ha ha! Member
    London, England, UK
    The Shadow Odyssey (TSO)
    I managed to collect all 45 rings and all you get is a wallpaper:
    Wallpaper 1

But I managed to find another one:
    Wallpaper 2

Nothing special but I thought I'd share it.

15. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I can't navigate this site for the life of me. Can anyone show me what I need to do to get to the second area, as mentioned above?

16. Bridge with arrow at the north end of the island, close to where you start. Icon appears to take you across bridge.

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    you make Sonic run up to the bridge and there should be an icon that you can click when at the bridge. Then you can go into the second area.

EDIT: Whoops looks like I was a bit late.

18. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Okay, thanks. I'm there now.

That said, I'm not exactly thrilled with this particular take of the Panic Puppet theme. Richard Jacques' website says he's doing the music for the game, so that explains its inclusion in the game, but by the sounds of things his talents are being seriously wasted with whatever sound engine they're using. Seriously, this sound is supposed to be coming from a DS? It can handle a lot better quality than that!

Once again, this game fails to impress. I don't know what people see in a Sonic RPG, honestly—the concept alone is appalling, but now they want to try and come in and rape amazing compositions? Fuck this shit. This game will be a severe disappointment.

19. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    The crappy sound quality could probably be blamed on their brilliant decision to include CG movies I a cartridge based game. Or they don't realize that most people either plays with headphones or no sound at all. There's potential in the idea of a Sonic RPG, but I'd think a more Oblivion-esk, or more likely, Kingdom Hearts sort of thing. Not a pure JRPG like this.

20. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    Yeah but I think we all did, it wasn't really hard... :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.