don't click here

Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Shadow Hog, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Or maybe you get to choose whether or not you're jealous and really want to be Amy's bitch. It'd be like playing a role almost. A game about role playing.

FUCK I need sum gameplay vids.

2. Xeric

Xeric

Workington, England
    S3K Mighty Sheet
    [​IMG]

... :P

3. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    ...Yeah, that sounds about right.

4. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
  5. Zycor

Zycor

Unlike Sonic, I don't chuckle. Member
    Beats me.
    Hmm... Blue arms? Now all we need is Knuckles with Fingers and it will officially have the art from Sonic X.

6. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    You're right, maybe they're just trying to stay true to the terrible animation and art quality of Sonic X.

7. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    To be fair, there are some episodes with some really nice animation in - when they were airing, we used to refer to "Team A" and "Team B" to differentiate between the good and bad stuff (yes I know there were more than 2 teams). =P

8. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Yeah, I remember. We'd spend every Sunday trying to figure out which team it was. It just seemed like more often than not it was Team B.

9. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    That's because as a rule the better animation studios did the milestone eps - 1, 13, 26 and 52 spring to mind.

10. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Ah... point well made.

Oh well. I'm still kinda wondering what Bioware means when they say "animated cutscenes". It kinda makes me think we're going to be getting that next "season" of Sonic X we all know we wanted.

11. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    ...wanted to not be as awful as anything post episode 52. Or most of anything before that. :P

I figure it won't be anything major, like how Tales of Symphonia has a few anime cutscenes that play during more critical or dramatic story moments.

12. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    You're probably right. We already know there's text conversation, and for most RPGs, cutscenes are just loads of bullshit text and maybe a little character movement. Depending on the size of the game, and that fact that it's got to fit on a DS cart, there probably won't be too many of those "fully animated cutscenes", though I don't really know much about space limitations on a DS cart. Though I know Chain of Memories on the GBA was pretty extensive and had FMVs, so...I dunno. Whatever. I guess we'll see.

13. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Mega Man ZX Advent got a good amount of animated cutscenes. None of them are overly long, with one going about 1:30, the rest usually 20 seconds to a minute long, but they were pretty good quality. I think they won't have too much of a problem with getting those in Sonic Chronicles.

Kotaku also recently posted a developers diary video that, among the large portions of French, are clips of the battle system and overworld in motion. As said before, the battle system will be rather familiar to fans of Elite Beat Agents.

14. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Still looks like shit.

I do like that Sonic art, though, even if it's a bit untraditional.

15. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    There are moments where this game interests me more than Sonic Unleashed, and I really like the retro feel of some screenshots, then I noticed the Sonic X stile art and I lost a bit of interest XD(Well, not much but... come on, Sonic X style, and even the worst of it[Any reference to Sonic blue arms is intentional]).

I will, however, trust Bioware because they made awesome games, and I will wait for the outcome, because as an RPG fan, I always wanted a Sonic RPG (Considering also that Mario ones are very good).

16. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    the sonic x art bugs me because to be quite honest that show had some of the shittiest animation value I've ever seen. Four spine shadow, anyone?

17. Kogen

Kogen

Derp Banned
    Bouvet Island
    Last Party on the Moon
    I was assuming the Sonic X art is just filler until they get the new stuff in; certainly they will not use that garbage? Overall though, from the footage shown on the French video, the game's graphical art seems rather horrid. After seeing the Sonic tech demo prior to 'Sonic Rush', this seems pathetic.

I have no mindless bias for Bioware. What I see here is a terrible looking Sonic game that takes the story too seriously and continues the "tradition" of ruining a game with SA2+ characters. I will not suddenly judge it now, but I do not see it being a great game from what they have shown us.

18. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
  19. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    If it's an RPG, I'm willing to bet WFC battles between your characters a la Pokemon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.