Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    Pretty damn awesome that Taxman gets his full name in the intro screens. All that independent work pays off.

2. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Definitely. Where are Backbone credited in their ports? Generations credits them in the main staff roll, but I'm not sure about the stand-alone titles.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    So you know what would be cool? If we had a real release date for this game already.

Seriously wtf is with Sega. Does it come out Dec 1st or what?

4. Indigo Rush

Indigo Rush

Right after a static SEGA logo, a static Backbone logo fades in, and then it goes to the menu screen. Nothing special.

5. Was the DJ Robotnik in the original Sonic CD or was that something Taxman cooked up?

6. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    It's based on one of the large secret pictures that are accessible through the Sound Test - the "M.C. Sonic - the Fastest D.J." one - however, as far as I'm aware, the animated sprite version is new. Pretty cool little detail, IMO - really shows some of the thoughfulness going into this remake. = )

7. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    So Taxman, who comes up with the achievements/trophies? You, SEGA, or is it a joint thing?

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That drawing contest ends tomorrow. Who entered? I did, with my drawing that some of you may have spotted earlier before I took it down. Hopefully I get something, this is the third contest I've entered from Sega and I haven't won anything yet, however I feel like this is my best chance.

Oh and a question to Taxman. So since we have the US Soundtrack in the game, any chance we'll have some new remixes for the past levels? Seeing as how you added looping and everything it'd be a nice touch IMO, seeing as how the past songs in the US version simply don't work.

9. DNLeal

DNLeal

Former MMO addict Member
    Costa Rica
    Reading the archives...
    It's a shame the contest only covered certain regions, but to whoever that entered, best of luck. Hope there's no cheating this time.

I'd totally dig some past tunes of Nielsen's OST, but considering how getting them into the game must've been 3/4 of the work already, I don't think we'll be seeing them. Unless Taxman wants to totally mind blown us yet again.

10. I drew a picture, Seeing that a lot of people would draw something related to either Metal Sonic race, the opening or ending, or time travel, I drew something referencing the Easter Egg that happens when you leave the game alone for three minutes. It's somewhat obscure, sure, but so was that person who drew the Carnival Night Zone barrel for the Project Needlemouse/Sonic 4 badnik drawing thing. I just hope I get mentioned.

11. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    There were no Nielsen past stuff. The past music has always been the JP/EU music.

12. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    This looks like a great port, I haven't played Sonic CD in years so this should be a nice little treat.

13. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Its technically more of a remake then a port. but its still gonna be fun regardless.

14. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
  15. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Bleh, it's MOV format and demanding I sign up for a site I'll never go to again just to download it. I can convert the format, but like hell I'm going to give any information to this site.

Anyone have a mirror?

16. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    Someone YouTube this

17. Spindash54

Spindash54

Did you ever wonder how he spins in place? Member
    Don't need to sign up to view. Let it sit there for a few seconds and the Youtube-style box will pop into the page.

18. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    I put about 20+ hours into my piece. I'm thinking of taking some very lewd pictures with my preordained signed copy of the soundtrack.

My pal GSilv did the same subject in a quarter of the time with much more appealing results, though. What a shit!

19. Well, after watching the video I'd say that's worth a purchase.

+ - Also, lol 88 miles per hour.  

20. DNLeal

DNLeal

Former MMO addict Member
    Costa Rica
    Reading the archives...
    Yes of course, what I really meant was that getting the US tunes in the game was probably more of a hassle than anything and that furthermore, making new Past tunes based on Nielsen's OST would be out of the question by now.

I've always loved classic Amy even if it's a straight up pink sonic with clothing. I'm glad more subtle changes were made in official artwork though. This one's really just sonic with bangs and clothing.