Sonic CD now out for everything except Nintendo consoles

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Xilla

Xilla

....and you may now look back at your screens. Member
    Absolutely! SFIV did it for the characters voices afterall.

I remember switching the soundtracks for the PC version (including editing the video files) and I did keep a few US tracks (Act Clear, Invincible are the ones that spring to mind) so to do this in-game would be nice.

2. Elliot Gindi

Elliot Gindi

New York
    Brawl Minus
    I wanted to do that but couldn't find an idiot proof way to do it. It'd also mean that picking the alternate soundtrack would be a compilation of songs I didn't like as much which could be funny.

3. Xeeynamo

Xeeynamo

London
    Swords of Calengal
    Recently the emulator RPCS3 (a PS3 emulator) was able to run some commercial games. The first full-compatible game that was tested is... Sonic CD!
    [media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iEq-xONawg[/media]

4. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    It's not the first full-compatible game:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YK1WFZF790

Still really cool that it works though. It's great to see this much progress on the PS3 emulator.

5. Machenstein

Machenstein

Part of me hopes we get a Sonic CD "Gold" which has Desert Dazzle, Final Fever, as well as new fixes that address the flaws the original game had. At the same time, I'd like to see Taxman and Stealth use the Retro Engine for a brand new 2D Sonic once they are done with Sonic 3. One thing at a time, I suppose.

6. Orengefox

Orengefox

The world's greatest scientist and soon to be the Researcher
    Right in front of my computer.
    Some artwork, a ZZT game, and a hack.
    Late for the party with this stuff as well but having watched what was there of Desert Dazzle and checking out the screenshots of what was there of Final Fever was mind blowing. It was like the days of when we would dig for this sort of stuff in a lot of the really old Sonic games. What is there looks great in design and would love to see this sort of stuff as a new Sonic game with new levels, music, enemies, bosses, etc. utilizing the engine Taxman/Stealth uses.