don't click here

Sonic and the Black Knight

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Jul 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

"With Me" Crush 40 Version

I thought the original was fairly good, though this blows it out of the water. It much more chilled and sounds sounds much more menacing. Far better than the covers of His World and Seven Ring in Hand. I can actually understand the lyrics in this one.

2. Cap

Cap

Not a bad song there. But I'll listen to his World over it.

As for Sonic fans locally. I often feel like the only sonic fan in the whole of Northern Ireland. I don't know how things are across the pond in Britan, but I wouldn't expect things to be much better. There's quite a few people I know had a Sega Mega drive and did play Sonic, in fact we were talking about such a thing today. But none of them got further than that. In otherwords, nevermind the Sega Saturn or Dreamcast, most people here have played Sonic 1, 2 or 3 and moved on.

I think people in the UK prefer the idea and image of Sonic rather than the actual games. Personally I don't blame them. The games haven't been top notch, but Sonic is still an extremely cool character and an iconic image.

3. MOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!?!?!?!

*Gets extremley excited*

Need, fucking, soundtrack.

*Faints

EDIT: According to the youtube poster the tracks are on Nico Douga? Can someone help find them please.

4. NintendoBrad

NintendoBrad

Well, that just sounds awful. :/ Sounds more like their Shadow theme songs which I don't like at all.

5. It was better than the original and some of Crush 40's best. The song actually sounds menacing and a threat. Whereas before It sounded like a desperate plea to stop kicking her arse.

6. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Geoli also isn't trying to belt notes out of his range like in Sonic Heroes. Keeping it a little calmer is making them sound a lot better.

7. Remember, Sonic Heroes was awhile ago. People age, and it wouldn't be surprising to me if Gioeli starts to lose the vocal range he had in, say, SA1 and 2.

8. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I mean that I don't think he had the range even then. Near the end of the theme song for that game it was like he could barely get the sound out, and it was a little painful.

9. Ashram should have both OST's soon. Yes Snatcher already ripped face to faith but It's barely 200kbps. Bah... Ashram to the rescue.

10. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    Hot. Thanks :psyduck:

11. SonikkuForever

SonikkuForever

Be cool, be wild, and be groovy! Member
    Gathering information on Sega World Sydney and collecting Sonic merchandise.
    Is "The King's Peril" track on disc 2 of Tales of Knighthood correct? I clicked on it in the wiki to listen to it, and got Amy's theme from Sonic Adventure. :argh:

12. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    It is correct. That music is played after the credits, during the extra scene with Amy and Sonic.

13. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I mentioned it in another topic. Spoilers:
    That track is played at the very end of the game, shortly after we discover that Sonic is King Arthur. It's just a joke about Sonic and Amy

14. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Yeah, it's just a little rib.

As mentioned, the two soundtracks are on the wiki. Pick your poison and enjoy. Thanks go to Ashram for providing the songs.

15. Cap

Cap

Hmm, soundtrack starts off good. Knight of the wind is great. As are fight the knigh and through the fire. But then we get the quite songs and things go downhill. Live life, 7 rings in hand remix, blag. Horrible after taste. With me isn't all that great either. But the Crush 40 verision makes it much better.

Overall a good album, but I'll be leaving out a few tracks.

16. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    In the in-game album, I'm liking Deep Woods very much, as well as Misty Lake.

17. LightSpeedBlast

LightSpeedBlast

Banned
    Man, the article for this needs some serious updating. I already got down the story, so yeah.

18. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I'm assuming I'm the only one who thinks the All Ends version of With Me is not only better than Crush 40's, but a great song in general?

19. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

Huh? Your in the majority, hardly anyone that I've talked to likes Crush 40's version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.