don't click here

Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Saidian, Feb 12, 2012.

Which version will you be getting?

1. Xbox 360

61 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. PlayStation 3

43 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Wii U

52 vote(s)
    23.0%
  4. Nintendo 3DS

23 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. PlayStation Vita

12 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. PC

116 vote(s)
    51.3%
  7. iOS

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. Android

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Well, she did get pole position...

2. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    She always finds a way to blow it when matters. :specialed:

It's funny because Danica in game has pretty mediocre stats all around. She's severely outclassed by the likes of Vyse, Beat, Ralph, and a few others, regardless of class mod.

3. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    I know, and I don't like her at all, but dunno why I'm so good with her ( and with no one else, I'm a pretty mediocre player all around)

4. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    I just got this game, not having played the first one, and I AM IMPRESSED AS HELL. There's nothing quite like a kart-racing game that's genuinely difficult, rather than easy but balanced with cheating-ass rubber band AI the way almost every other kart racer on the market is. Hopefully I'm not screwing myself over by only playing with Tails for the time being, though; I don't wanna find out that he's extremely noob-friendly but generally weak for skilled players and have to relearn the game.

5. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    As you see with ash, no character is really considered "crap tier" as a racer. The game is balanced enough that any discrepancies in stats will quickly become non-factors on the track. There's a whole different set of factors that can and will augment races.

Keep on playing who you feel comfortable playing as. It all depends on a person's play style.

6. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

If I may make a character recommendation based off of personal experience... Beat all of the Grand Prix cups and unlock Eggman. He has amazing speed and handling, and I used him to beat pretty much every World Tour event that wasn't a battle race or tank fight. (And yes, that's on S-Class, mind you...)

7. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Has someone compiled a list of all the character mod stats yet? I went ahead and found time to procrastinate with and made a spreadsheet in Excel for easy sorting, but can't find a place to upload documents without having to sign up first. Is there an Imgur equivalent for docs?
    Here's the list, only with PS3 characters, though.
    NiGHTS and Reala's Saturn mod actually have one more available point than everyone else's mods, ignoring the inherent All-Star rating.

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    My advice is level up all your favorite racers. As soon as one's perfect go to the next, that way you'll have plenty of options when racing and you won't have to touch characters you hate. I think I had Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Metal, Gum. Reala, NiGHTs, Pudding, Alex Kidd, Ages, and Joe Musashi perfected last I checked.

9. Metalsonicmk72

Metalsonicmk72

I was going to recommend something similar. I've lately been using Eggman with his Speed Mod, as it shares nearly (if not) identical stats to Sonic's default stats, the selling point that makes him different than Sonic is Eggman's godsend of an All-Star Move which fires Homing Shots Missiles that will pretty much screw up anyone else's day. The All Star Move itself won me plenty of events by being generous enough to show up on the final lap, even if I'm in second place.

I just wish they had used Eggman's infamous "Time for a change of pace!" quote from Generations when he goes All-Star instead of just randomly throwing it in there like they did.

10. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Spain
    Yes, I agree with Eggman being a sexy beast here, I also use him quite a lot and he is pretty good. Also, talking about him, does anyone know where is his All-Star music come from? I know the main theme is E.G.G.M.A.N from SA2, but the first part of the all star music is not from that, and I like it quite a lot. It somehow reminds me of mighty morphin' power rangers...

11. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    It's from there. It's more pronounced in the instrumental version.

That, or it's from the remix of it in Shadow. Doc Robeatnix.

12. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    For those not in the know, SEGA finally got around to releasing Metal Sonic and Outrun on the PC version. Unfortunately, it's not free (it's $2.99 USD), but as the base game is already $10 cheaper than the console release (20 if you used GMG's coupon), I guess I can excuse it.

13. plushifoxed

plushifoxed

that power is yet unknown Oldbie
    jazzy nyc
    puella magi chroma magica
    I just grabbed the demo of the 3DS version and holy fuck is it embarrassing. Low framerate, glitchy graphics, stuttering course music, getting "Stunt failed!"/random course-outs while doing hard drift turns using the plane, this thing just has it all. Glad I wound up with the PS3 version instead, even if the online is basically dead.

14. Metalsonicmk72

Metalsonicmk72

It gets worse: http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=27946&view=findpost&p=730581

In spite of these glaring issues, I willed myself to unlock all of the characters, which is easier in the World Tour on the 3DS because of lower star requirements for the characters, and some of the more frustrating missions are noticeably missing like the "Destroy the Tank" missions. Unlike the other versions, the 3DS version unlocks Eggman and mirror mode after you finish all 5 GP challenges, and doing the 5 GP's in Mirror Mode unlocks Expert mode and your Mii. I know the Avatar was available by default on the 360 version, not sure if the Mii on the Wii U version is available by default though. Although the terrifying thing about the 3DS Mii is that it only has the Mii's head stuck on top of a textureless body, which is pretty difficult to not ignore and just bothers the crap out of me.

15. plushifoxed

plushifoxed

that power is yet unknown Oldbie
    jazzy nyc
    puella magi chroma magica
    That's... I... Just... wow. Woooooow. Considering that they delayed the 3DS version twice, I'm guessing they just slapped it together in a mad dash at the end of the main versions' development. I mean, even the Vita version isn't this bad, is it?

16. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkV00hNBpgM

This is a new one.

17. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Spain
    Well, that's a fun one. At least its not gamebreaking

18. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    So am I the only one who thinks it's utterly ridiculous that this game has Ralph, but not the actual kart-racing character from the same movie? I get that Ralph was the main character and all, but it really seems like Vanellope would've been a much better fit.

19. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Brand recognition. People will know recognize Ralph sooner than Vanellope.

20. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    I don't have either the Avatar or Mii characters unlocked in either version of Transformed. They're not available by default.

Also, Miis don't ever really have much detail on their bodies in the first place, so I'm not sure whats so off putting about that.