don't click here

Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Saidian, Feb 12, 2012.

Which version will you be getting?

1. Xbox 360

61 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. PlayStation 3

43 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Wii U

52 vote(s)
    23.0%
  4. Nintendo 3DS

23 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. PlayStation Vita

12 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. PC

116 vote(s)
    51.3%
  7. iOS

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. Android

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    Dear lord why isn't anyone voting for someone from Valkyria Chronicles? It's one of the best new IPs from them this generation....until Sega butchered it by not releasing a console sequel.

2. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Blue boost is the maximum.

Goes Red, Purple, Blue.

3. Xeric

Xeric

Workington, England
    S3K Mighty Sheet
    From what S0l has been saying, the roster would have been much smaller without them. They used their own free time to add MeeMee, Pudding, Gum and Reala because the roster was to small compared to the first game. A lot of the development time was taken by the vechiles.

But I agree though. So many iconic characters were left out. To be honest, I'm not even sure why Ralph is in the game considering Wreck it! Ralph isn't released in the UK till February.

I'm still kinda gutted Opa-Opa got the boot. <=/

4. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Dude, you can't quote Delete Miku from second place and pretend Vectorman sneaks in 3rd lol
    (updated numbers here) He's still 4th XD

5. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    I realise that, but Vangar said you needed four taps to get a blue boost. This is not the case.

6. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I can because she'll likely not get in for a myriad of reasons, assuming ANYONE of these gets in.

7. Mike Arcade

Mike Arcade

Free Scriber of Mobius Member
    Haven't played the first game but I'm gonna pick this one up whenever I can (as well as the first one)

The default character list looks pretty good, though I'm gonna be sad to find out if Robo and Mobo aren't in the game, I can understand why they would take out Ryo though since Joe is riding a Motorcycle in the game but Alex Kidd already has a vehicle in his games that pretty much could be turned into a transformed vehicle, I dunno, whenever the secret characters are found I'll see if he's still in or not.

I really would have liked Axel and Blaze in a transforming police car though, hell Shadow and Larcen from Eternal Chamipons would have been awesome in a 1940's car that can turn into a 90's speed boat and a futureistic jet but a man can dream.

Also for the record they should have Vectorman in this game, the dude IS a vehicle, hell transforming is what he does!

8. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    LMAO, I was just playing as NiGHTS on the Samba de Amigo track, and used an All-Star during the boating section. When I came out of the All-Star on land NiGHTS was still a boat, so now it keeps respawning boat-NiGHTS, who doesn't get very far on land.

Edit for cell phone footage.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SjrGBatAyQ[/youtube]

9. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    Just asking... I might be ending up with two copies of this game for Xbox 360. One review copy, and a regular one. Would anyone be interested to buy or trade the review one ( PAL system) for a PS3 one ( PAL) ? It can be a regular one, not need it to be a review copy too.

10. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    One problem:
    If they keep steadfast to this rule, Vectorman loses his spot to Miku. I will be miffed it that is the case.

11. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    What the fuck. Seriously Vectorman is the best of them.

:eng101: RETRO WEE NEED ALL OF YOU VOTING ON VECTORMAN!

12. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

I'm gonna draw it! Banned
    A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    Yeah, don't think of putting another pitiful signature towards overhyped Japanese synthesizing shovelware. Again, GET OUT.

13. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Actually, we need to do more than that. Ryo and Vectorman both need to beat Miku, which is unlikely because they would have to more than double their signature count in ten days, not counting additional signatures for Miku. Again, if they keep to that rule, it's now a race for third between Vectorman and Ryo. What a choice, huh?

14. This isn't a poll to vote in who ACTUALLY gets put in the game as DLC, this is a poll to vote in who the audience wants the most so that the developers can present a pitch to SEGA requesting permission/funds to do the DLC. They're saying they want three names, in reality they're going to present SEGA with maybe five to ten names and how many votes each one got, the SEGA execs are gonna look at the list and they're gonna make a phone call to marketing and see which ones would be the most marketable. Remember, these are characters we're actually paying for separately, it's not like they're being included in with the entire game as a whole. I've never even heard of Miku, does she have any appeal to mainstream gamers? Has anything involving her been released in the US or EU? Does SEGA even own the full license to her character (meaning they wouldn't have to go through the hastle of calling her true owners and working out a deal)?

In the event that SEGA even entertains this DLC idea, they'd pick characters that they know they could sell while taking the votes into account. Ryo Hazuki was popular in the first game, while Vectorman has always been a fan favorite game and has appeared in numerous genesis rehashes, Segata Sanshiro is without a doubt a contender because of the fact that he's so bizzare and out there that he could sell snow to the eskimos so regardless of him being well known State-side he'll definitely come as a treat (and they can do a Sega Heritage mini-doc on his career to promote him).

Regardless of votes, I really just don't see Miku being an option.

15. RankoChan

RankoChan

I'm bored, k? Member
    Some random RPG project.
    Guys... calm down.

Stop yelling about people voting for Miku, if she can't be in due to licensing issues or Segata for legal reasons, they'll move to the next eligible character. As I stated before, this is a win-win situation. Miku fans get to show Sega that there's a viable market outside of Japan for her games regardless if she gets approved and if she isn't approved they'll move on to the next character. Everyone wins!

16. Vangar

Vangar

So how far has everyone got in the game?!?
    I'm in the last secret cup, where I can see "AGES" as a character! Too bad I need 160 stars to get it... I can honestly say that is never going to happen, hard is way to difficult for me :( Is there any other way?

17. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
  18. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
  19. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Looks like Ryo has passed the 1000 mark.

20. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    I'm in the last cup with about 115 stars, so I can't even unlock first gate. The main problem is that regular races above Medium level are kind of a crapshoot since it really depends on whether you or the enemies get good items and occasionally on whether you have an opportunity to dodge them before they slam into you.