don't click here

Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Saidian, Feb 12, 2012.

Which version will you be getting?

1. Xbox 360

61 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. PlayStation 3

43 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Wii U

52 vote(s)
    23.0%
  4. Nintendo 3DS

23 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. PlayStation Vita

12 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. PC

116 vote(s)
    51.3%
  7. iOS

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. Android

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I just beat a "come in 1st" thing by coming in second.

I got first, but I guess I got passed up before it could show me I was in second or something and then passed the finish line. The game said I came in second but the mission said I passed.

lol.

2. Vangar

Vangar

I find the AI will suicide at the end to try and make you lose, it's crazy.

3. Hodgy

Hodgy

UK
    Games programming :)
    SO I caved in and picked up the PS3 version £20 was too cheap to pass up!

add me on PSN (hodgy100) and let me know you are from retro, I wont accept else. And we could have a few races sometime

4. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    So I just unlocked Expert mode in Career. Kinda pissed. If I knew there was an expert, and I had to beat all the levels again, I wouldn't have wasted my time trying to do them all on Hard first.

5. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    The secret to getting a full boost at the start of a race: when it counts down, accelerate just before the 3, again just before the 2 and again just before the 1.

6. Xeric

Xeric

Workington, England
    S3K Mighty Sheet
    Anyone else noticed some of the characters have slight render issues on 360? I've been maining Amy and I noticed that her socks are grey for some reason.

Also I thought they'd of fixed Sonic, Shadow and Knuckles' front mouth syndrome this time around but they haven't; A minor thing I know, but it's the little things that bug me. XD

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Nah I'm with you there. If it didn't look derp they would never have changed the mouth thing in the first place

8. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Oh good. The top three that need to be there are indeed at the top.

Good work, Retro. Help keep getting these guys over... unless no one wants to hear me drone on about my quest for Sailors in future community days.

9. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeVs1ylJdVY

feel free to ignore the guy freaking out in the background

10. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    I have no idea who this Miku person is, so I'm kind of hoping they don't get the licence for her, because I really want to see Sanshiro, Vectorman and Ryo in this game. I really want Ristar to be playable as well, but since he's the flagman, I don't mind so much about him missing out.

Although a big part of me thinks that the roster is pretty retarded anyway, they should have left out Amy, Shadow, MeeMee (seriously why?!), Gum, Pudding, Reala, Danica Patrick and Ralph and made room for a good chunk of the characters that are on these polls. I know that a lot of these characters were done for budget reasons, either being easy reskins or for licensing money, but fuck. SEGA have such an awesome and rich history, and being an old-school fan, I would have preferred it if they did more to show that.

How cool would a room based on the house from Toy Commander be, with... wait for it... a fish tank with Seaman in it.

Or a room based on Comix Zone, which changes as the artist draws in new areas and obstacles?

11. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Understand that the only reason Danica and Ralph are in are to purposely get some money in return. I'm pretty sure Sega would have filled their slots with something like Billy Hatcher and the ChuChus otherwise.

12. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Yeah, really, they could have included half of the candidates in the polls right off the bat instead of adding certain filler characters.

Did anybody ever want to play as Pudding? Even a Morolien would have been more appealing/iconic.

13. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I'd have gone for a PSO rep. But knowing our luck, we'd get that moron Ethan from PSU.

14. Yeah, some character choices kinda confused me alittle, mostly just Pudding since she's honestly the only one I don't know where she's from, Space channel 5 right??

But I suppose they needed to try and fill the roster up with more female characters to balance it out or something.

15. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    I'd suggest Blaze from SoR, but a bunch of 12 year olds would go "wut this is gay why isnt she a cat?"

16. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Hey guys, remember me? :v: Surprised I'm not banned, to be honest...

Anyway, just a quick stop since I noticed from the stream that apparently this isn't already known:

Race of AGES: The choice between boat/plane section is NOT random. Just before that, there's a part where the road splits into two. There are holograms of the Hornet on the left and the Wave Runner thing on the right. If the race leader takes the left part, the track turns into the flying section, and the right part makes it the boat section.

Just thought you should know that. Keep it classy.

17. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    Hey, so, about those boosts... I just do three taps, one right before each number and holding the last, and I still get a blue boost. Also, I realised you accelerate better at the start if you only hold the trigger half-way or so.

Aaaanyway... am I the only one who's had the glitch where my car just straight up doesn't load so I'm stuck at the beginning until I die?

18. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator

So that's how it works. Pretty good info.

19. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Hasn't happened to me yet, but I did manage to go through the floor in the NiGHTS stage the first time I played it. That was kinda weird. That's cool about the trigger, I'm gonna go check that out right now.

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I hope they patch all these out of boundary glitches. Normally I like glitches, you know in games where you don't race against each other. This just makes the playing field uneven, it's like that Mario Kart 7 glitch they patched in that Wii Sports level.