don't click here

Sonic Adventure Generations

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Dude, May 6, 2012.

1. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

I second the seagull idea. It shouldn't be too difficult considering somebody was able to make the Eggman PA System announcements work in a Tropical Resort port.

2. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Why don't you just do what Unleashed did with Windmill Isle? You're using its rocks anyway :P

3. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    Kill that leap of faith spindash. It's 100% non-obvious what to do next when Sonic reaches that point; a typical player is likely to see the "don't fall down" sign, and turn around to look for another route.

4. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    I present to you... CLASSIC Adventure Sonic! He's adorable AND badass!
    Also, the demo release is this Friday. We're working on it as fast as we can.

[​IMG]

5. I got this new laptop a few weeks ago and demoed Generations on it and was happy to find that it works quite well. However, I was on the fence about rebuying the game, since the only reason I would have to own it again would be for the mods that people are creating.

Thanks for helping me come to a clear decision,; this is amazing work and I have to try it for myself soon!

6. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Need to see this in action, ASAP. That is GORGEOUS :D

7. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Guessing he is based off that old concept art Chimera is sporting there?

Thats some neat stuff. but why am I getting a Gens. 3DS vibe?

8. Because it's Emerald Coast?

9. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    No I mean that whole screen there, mostly Sonic's look I think its the shoes since at that point in the game he got his modern shoe upgrade and had grey bottoms.

10. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Respect on the work and everything - but am I the only one who thinks that Sonic's a little ugly? =P

11. The textures seem a bit over colored, other wise I like it. It was unexpected, too, and a nice little thing to add to this hack

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    No I'm with you there. Any chance on a released version that doesn't include any changes to classic's model.

If it ain't broke don't fix it (speaking of which what's with that font you use for the title cards? I'm sorry but I don't think that works well considering how the rest of the game uses the other font.) Don't get me wrong though, everything else you are doing is a-ok in my book.

13. I'm with you here. Any chance of you releasing a package with just the stage, enemies, music and nothing else, and having the fluff separate so people can choose?

14. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    You know, it looks like that one fanmade Sonic sprite on MFZ.
    http://www.themystic...ebula_Nov08.gif

15. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    It's done! The demo is now available to download. See if you can beat the ghosts!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7ROsh0p8V8[/youtube]
    https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=4127F3915B9A2F67!114

16. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Looks nice. I lol'd at how the classic ghost currently moves though.

I wonder where you've hidden those Red Rings at. :3

17. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I have no hopes of playing this on my laptop, but damn, seeing Modern Sonic do the Adventure run was a lot cooler than it should have been. You made that look seamless, I always kind of wondered how well it would transition to today's Sonic model. And the ending pose. Gah! The stages themselves look really nice as well. I like that you put Station Square in the background of the classic level. Really wish I could give this a go myself.

18. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    Here's a new link because the old one died: http://www.youtube.com/redirect?q=https%3A%2F%2Fskydrive.live.com%2Fredir%3Fresid%3D4127F3915B9A2F67!114&session_token=UH9GTMbQ0mlxhfp8IdUpH2bSi4B8MTM0ODk3MTMwNkAxMzQ4ODg0OTA2

19. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    FANTASTIC work, Dude and all others involved! My only nitpick is, although Adventure Sonic looked good from a front angle, his head seems a bit too big for his body now, especially because of the length of his spines. That's my only nitpick, though, fantastic job otherwise :)

EDIT: Actually, there's so much awesome here, I want to specify particular things. First off, awesome job on the water! It looks awesome :) Also, the cliff-faces are looking much better with lighting, and much less repetitive as well! Most of my issues are aesthetic in nature, namely Adventure Sonic's floating platforms seem kind of out of place, and doesn't really feel like it belongs where they are, and the level in general just feels very empty with few visual window-dressings that make the scenery stand out.

One other thing is that the Sonic Adventure Generations logo seems a bit difficult to read because of the blue on blue. I would suggest making some contrast, maybe by making the shape surrounding the words a different color, like the earth texture from SA

[​IMG]

But again, all nitpicks because the fact you were able to do this outweighs any aesthetic preferences I have :) Good job :thumbsup:

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Lookin quite good I gotta say, but I'm going to disable that Adventure Sonic... sorry it just looks ugly.