don't click here

Sonic Adventure 2 XBLA

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Narstyle, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Hukos

Hukos

Why the hell would you need to change the requirements between both versions?

2. RolfTheUber

RolfTheUber

Seattle, WA
    School
    Yeah I've only played the Dreamcast version, and don't really know all the details about the changes in Battle. When I said "Don't die" was the way to A-rank Tails/Eggman stages, I thought the "Kill everything" was implied, but I can see now that it was kind of vague.

And as far as I'm aware, the collectibles did not reset in the dreamcast version if you reset from the pause menu (unless I'm forgetting how that old exploit worked). Quitting the level and trying again via level select did put the items in different places, but I guess they must have fixed that in subsequent releases, making A-ranking those levels much more luck-based.

3. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
  4. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Release dates. Figures the PSN version comes first. Oh well.

EDIT: Ninjas in the outfield.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    So wait, if Chao Karate is Battle DLC, how the hell are you supposed to beat the game without it? Did they change the number of emblems in the game or something?

6. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Chao Karate wasn't in the DC version and you could beat the game without it. It's likely set up with the DC emblem requirements, while the DLC gets you some more Achievements made for Chao Karate and 2P mode.

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I'm aware of that, but then if they revert back to SA2's system for emblems where you got all the emblems from racing, then will the DLC add more emblems or would Chao Karate just be made a redundant side mission.

8. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Hmm...I took another look at the Achievement list and there isn't one for getting all the emblems - just for getting half (90) of them. Ick, maybe this means the GCN version's emblem requirements are present after all, and you can't get all the emblems or Green Hill without the DLC.

9. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    In both Adventure games, Emerald Shard locations are controlled by the SET files, either by placing an "Emerald Shard" object or an object with an "Emerald Shard #" property. So this is one case where hacking tools will be available immediately (as long as they don't change the format): SETedit and DXEdit.

10. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    Now I'm starting to wonder how much about the true Dreamcast version they forgot.

11. If the extra characters are added from the DLC, I wonder if Big will be removed upon DLC download (if he's even present in the multiplayer the begin with).

And regarding emblems and Chao Karate, how many emblems were there in the DC version and was anything given to you for getting them all? I never had the game for Dreamcast

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    The DC version also had 180 emblems. I think the Chao garden had 10 emblems in SA2 instead of 9, all of which were devoted to racing. Battle threw an extra emblem in somewhere else and lowered the amount of racing emblems to 5, giving 4 to Chao Karate.

As for what they forgot with the DC version, if I had to take a wild guess, all of the DC versions DLC, extra costumes, Big as a skin for Eggman, and the larger chao gardens (This however is not a bad thing because those gardens were too fucking big anyway, also smaller characters could drown in them). Prove me wrong Sega.

It seems they got rid of all the Soap branding in City Escape (All the posters in City Escape are from the GC version, and it appears that in place of whatever was a Soap poster is now a Sonic Team poster). I wonder if the same goes for the blimp. Also I noticed during the pax video, there a couple of places they probably should have touched up on for widescreen stuff, in particular the hills near the stairs towards the beginning. You can see too much sky to the right of the final hill due to the wide screen. They also seemed to have got rid of the bushes that spelt welcome, but that was like that in the GC version too. Wonder why they got rid of that in the first place.

13. Damn, I forgot about the chao garden's layouts completely! I hope (but doubt) they're the Dreamcast ones, because they look a lot more explorable and never got to actually use them. Why were the chao gardens even change to begin with, in both Sonic Adventures? I have the PS3 SA1, and I'm 99% sure it the SADX chao gardens, but just to make sure, were they?

14. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    I have both Dreamcast SA and Game Cube SADX. All ports of SA post Game Cube are based on the Game cube version and use the Game cube version's Chao garden, minus the GBA chao transfer device

15. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    The Chao Garden layouts, as far as I remember, were identical between SA1 and SADX.

16. I know they weren't. They weren't bigger or smaller, but the things within them were different

17. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I barely entered the Chao gardens in SADX, since I had done my fill of it in the original SA, so I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. At least with SA2 and SA2B, the only difference I really remember is that they removed a section of the Hero Garden where you could drown the characters. Which is interesting, because in SA2 that was the only place in the game where Tails, Sonic and Shadow could drown :P

18. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    Where could Eggman drown then? Unless I've completely forgotten somewhere obvious.

19. I did have SA2 on an emulator for a while, but my computer couldn't handle it. The normal garden had very unnoticeable changes, Hero had changes with the bridge and small things, and Dark had a cave I believe. SA1's basic had a different fountain area, MR had different water, and so did EC. Actually, I'm pretty sure every garden had changes to the water areas in both games

20. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I don't think he can, which is why I didn't mention him. He's too tall to in the Hero Garden, I don't think there's anywhere else that has water with him out of the mech.