don't click here

Sonic Adventure 2 XBLA

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Narstyle, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    Say I forgot to check if Omochao makes any references to the A or B buttons, considering the demo versions of the game shown was the PS3 version.

Did we all consciously avoid Omochao?

2. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    I'm wondering if we'll get a demo on the consoles before release, but more than likely the demo (if there will be one) will go alongside the release.

3. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Yeah, it'll be when it releases. The demos for these things are pretty much always just a locked version of the actual release.

4. I've been meaning to post this but hadn't gotten around to it. I spoke with the Associate Brand Manager at PAX Prime. I asked her about a PC/Steam release, and she said "of course". I asked why they hadn't announced it yet, and she said "we don't want to announce it yet because we don't have an exact time frame".

So, there you have it. We'll have our PC port at last.

Also the PS3 version is perfect, by the by.

5. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    To be fair, last time Retro spoke to Sega about SA2 (not too long after SA2), we were told we got the trailer that we did because the game wasn't quite ready to be fully shown off. Back then, the PC version wasn't even a thought (though it was a vocal concern/desire for many of you.)

Glad to see two months changed quite a bit in that regard, even if very little of the game will be changed.

6. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    A PR person also told me that Chao Garden compatibility with Sonic Adventure 1 will not be available. I wouldn't be surprised, but greatly disappointed if this were true.

7. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    According to one SSMB member:

8. Twilightzoney

Twilightzoney

Tech Member
    Elgin, IL And Hampshire
    Unleashed and Generations Stuff and Custom Works
    At least this will give me an excuse to play this game again, there is going to be steam achievements for the PC version correct?

9. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Most likely since XBL games have to have achievements and steam ports usually copy the XBL achievement list

10. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    SEGA PC games usually use Steamworks, so most likely yes.

11. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Well the achivement list is all up now

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Time to dust off my official guide book lol

12. RedMetallix

RedMetallix

Supreme Thunder Member
    A desk.
    What? Don't be silly.
    Oh good, no Chao Related Achievements besides hatching a chao, getting one to adulthood (I think?), and opening the gardens.

Though its not like the Chao Races in SA2 were the mess they were in SA1.
    Still, looks like we'll still be getting all the Emblems anyway, really not looking forward to Chao Karate again.

13. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    If that last one IS all emblems and not just all A ranks, you'd be wrong there. You'd need to raise your chao enough to get the emblems from races and karate. But yeah it could be just all As based on the picture.

14. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I haven't been able to get all A Ranks since I was a kid. And even then I don't know how I got them. :(

The Achievement whore in me is going to die trying for these.

15. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    I helped a friend finish getting them some time in 2009 so I should still be all good XD

16. Oh, man. A-ranks in SA2. I got them when the game launched, but I was a young buck back then. Will my reflexes and memorization hold up? :ohdear:

17. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    It will be a test for a lot of people. It's like when a famous athlete comes back from a lengthy absence to see if they still have it. Can they still pull it off? Do they still have the ability? Can they push themselves to those same levels that earned them those prestigious A Ranks so many years ago?

I guess we'll find out in a month.

18. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    I'm so excited for this, that I'm now trying to get all emblems on SA. I've never done it before ( and didn't got them at Sa2 either). Only Gamma's and Big's left!

19. Miles3298

Miles3298

I'm on the complete other end that some folks are in regards to the whole "I hope I still got it" thing. I can awesome now but back at younger times I couldn't even get any A-ranks. This should be fun.

20. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    I have always sucked. So I fully expect never to get Green Hill.