don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    It's that time again.
    [​IMG]
    This thing's got such a troll face.

2. Lapper

Lapper

Lappering Tech Member
    England
    Sonic Studio, Sonic Physics Guide, Kyle & Lucy, Freedom Planet 2
    I think they should use this concept art in game. Better than the cell shaded rubbish.

3. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Was there no other variation they could do with Jaws besides a re-color? I almost think this is some form of underlaying revenge for creating so many hacks and reworks over the years...

4. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Oh, there's this too:
    [​IMG]
    Aquatic Marble Carnival Night Garden Zone, here we come.

5. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    My hopes for full blown original Badnicks was high with Episode 2. But then I remembered what Billy Bob Thornton said because that's the reality of it.

"Wish in one hand, shit in the other, see which one fills up first."

6. Wow. This is a boring update. Rehash, rehash.

7. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    I'm guessing we will be getting Marble Garden Zone with water.

8. Machenstein

Machenstein

Does Sega have to run out of things to show us before they release an actual gameplay trailer?

9. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    You know, I'm fine if there's like, one or two returning badniks, as long as the vast majority of them are new. It'll be like, "oh hey, look, it's you, NOW DIE!"

If it wasn't Chop Chop, you'd all be spouting how it's a rehash because it's a fish that does the same thing as Chop Chop. By this assumption, if Sonic 2 was being released, you'd all call Masher a rehash of Chopper. They both do the same damn thing. I'd rather have a badnik reprise its role than have a new one do the same thing. You'd all just call the new one a rehash, anyway.

10. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Rehashed badniks isn't anything new, Sonic 1 - 3 all had rehashed badniks to a degree. They have shown a decent amount of full blown, new enemies and bosses this time around, so I don't see what the complaining is about.

Whether or not it will actually be a solid experience is another story, however. That's something I'm skeptical about.

11. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
  12. Dan Lioneye

Dan Lioneye

UK
    [​IMG]

13. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Pwahahaha, I bet who ever thought otherwise feel like complete assholes now. We all know Jun CAN compose, it's just that he went a bit too extreme with the "basic" style he was going for in episode 1. I have absolute faith that he'll dig deeper for ep 2 (and I hope some of my NON COPYRIGHTED ideas were taken as at least >1% inspiration....but that's just a pipe dream).

As long as we get loops that last at LEAST 1 minute, I'll be satisfied. I posted a couple songs on his facebook wall just for the hell of it a couple weeks ago. He's more than likely completed the soundtrack already, but I figured it wouldn't hurt.

14. Indigo Rush

Indigo Rush

Says The Kenesis

1) Only one zone will be a deliberate throwback
    2) Something interesting coming soon this month

I'm fine with a throwback here and there, to be honest. The occasional rehashed badnik isn't a big deal at all for me, so I'm excited to see what's coming up.

15. corneliab

corneliab

This sort of excuse is complete bullshit.

Also, no one wanted another throwback stage. That's assumingly a quarter of the game repeating what episode 1 did.

16. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    As long as there's more than 5 normal zones (so 6 minimum if they have 3 acts, 7-8 if 2 acts each for my tastes), I'm fine with just one stage being a throwback galaxy.

(and if the layout is brand new).

17. DinnerSonic

DinnerSonic

Never Posting Since 2004! Member
    My guess is this means that the first or last stage will be a very obvious Sonic CD rehash if not a direct location taken from it like Metallic Madness, and the rest will be somewhat like Sonic 4, but less blatant or at least more interesting than Splash Hill Zone.

Either way we're probably getting the time travel gimmick from CD, which I only just now remembered in the context of more recent Episode 2 info, so maybe we'll at least get the fun of seeing "Aquatic Marble Garden Ruin Zone Bad Future" or similar.

'Course, I could be giving them too much credit, even while trying not to give much credit, but I doubt they'll get as many easy sales as Episode 1 now that the shock of being called "Sonic 4" and nostalgia has worn off, so they'd have to at least put a little more work into it.

18. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    We're going to have art of everything in the entire game before we ever get a trailer.

Are we even getting more than 4 Zones this time? 6 should be the minimum period.

19. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Only one throwback level? That's got to be Aquatic Ruin, so I guess that means the desert level is going to be American rather than Egyptian?

Because everybody knows that Sandworms without sand are just Catakillers. =P

20. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Colours and Generations would beg to differ. =P

I look forward to seeing how true that statement of Ken's is. Agreed that it has to be AR. The flip platform has similar bricks, there's the pillars on the comic cover and of course, Chop Chop.