don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Yes, I've been to plenty. There's a BIG difference between playing something that isn't as studio polished in a live setting and plain old hitting wrong notes....especially on a song that is an old classic that he should know like the back of his hand.

2. Falk

Falk

oh no, you totally should post on his facebook wall again

edit: be very adamant about how this was completely unacceptable.

3. XCubed

XCubed

The biggest fans are the worst critics. Just sayjin.

4. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Holy shit this is awesome

5. Falk

Falk

That's from E1, but not gonna lie that kind of overall styling fits S4 visuals a lot more than the attempted-retro.

6. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    OF course that's from E1. But it appears on EP Metal, which is EP2 related, and the E1 topic is dead.

7. FollOw

FollOw

The sun sets forever over Black Water Park Oldbie
    Well maybe hes just a horrible musician in general. Some people just suck live.

8. Peace Of Mind

Peace Of Mind

Washington, DC
    Lots of stuff in FL Studio
    Sounds like a Generations-style classic mix.

9. dsrb

dsrb

These two propositions are not equivalent.

10. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    Well, it's not really the same 14-year-old song we all know and love. It's only that one part of White Park Act 2, and there's no reason why he should remember the original riff by heart.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa... Wait. Are you saying that the person who wrote the guitar for Escape From The City, Live and Learn, Open Your Heart, Sonic Heroes, What I'm Made Of, I Am... All Of Me, etc., etc., etc., is a horrible musician? It's one thing to say that some people aren't good live performers (Which I'm not disagreeing with), but it's another to take that and assume that the person's bad.
    If you don't like the music Jun and Crush 40 make, that's fine with me, think whatever you want to think. That doesn't mean general stuff Jun works on is terrible, though.

11. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    For you guys that like cutscene sfx-free cutscene songs.

A new frontier

I made this with the preview feature in iTunes ahhaha (I downloaded the program just for that lol).

I have the others but only this was almost complete on the preview, and the part missing had no sfx.

12. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    At Sonic Boom I asked Jun if the bonus track for the OST will be the Olympics medley, and he said yes. There, no more speculation.

13. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    I finally beat this fucker today! The Sky Fortress Boss had been doing my head in for ages, but I figured out how to do it. The ending was a bit of a let down: + - a worse looking, less exciting version of Stardust Speedway 3 followed by a pathetically easy last boss.  

14. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    On a pretty positive note, guess who sat at his computer for about an hour having fun~
    [​IMG]
    Small victory, but I've never been in a #1 slot before. And I'm sure someone on PSN or XBLA has a better time, but not on Steam, so there!

15. XCubed

XCubed

This is definitely one of NicoCW's best remixes.

16. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Due to the stupid way leaderboard scores are done on the 360 version (saved on your save file, which are very easy to edit, and only submitted when you check the leaderboards), it's full of fake times of 0 seconds.

This was a big problem with Episode 1, and they didn't bother to change it for episode 2. Scores/times should only be submitted at the time you make them.

17. Falk

Falk

On that note I'm actually surprised that the -Steam- leaderboards of all things hasn't gone down the shitter just yet. It took Generations PC like... what, 3 days?

I'm also finding the game surprisingly fun to speedrun, more than I'd have given it credit for knowing what I knew going in (leaked pre-release and all)

18. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    Did it really take that short to exploit the Generations PC leaderboards? I had no idea. I'm glad I play the 360 version. :)

19. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    I'm actually more surprised the models haven't been ripped yet

20. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    Excuse me, but what the fuck are you talking about?

In case it wasn't obvious, these are all songs in which Jun Senoue plays an instrument. Not all of these were COMPOSED by him (Ocean Palace by Naofumi Hataya and Molten Mine by Tommy Tallarico) but it's not his composition skills that are being questioned, it's his performance skills.