don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. SuperSonicRider

SuperSonicRider

A program called Joy2Key will probably suit your needs in this case. If that doesn't work, try a similar program or the Xbox 360 Controller Emulator.

2. Epsilonsama

Epsilonsama

THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE! Member
    Earth
    After seeing this game it seems better than expected.

I agree most of the conversation here is pretty much inside spoilers, its quite jarring discussing Sonic 4 epII without wanting to be spoiled the great twist like a final zone and Metal Sonic being in the game. Maybe the spoiler is Super Sonic that cant do team actions?

3. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    Okay, now seriously, was that worth using a spoiler tag? What are you trying to hide? That the game has a first boss? Or that apparently the first boss is hard with a keyboard?

4. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    YouTube Memes
    This
    game
    has
    Sonic
    in
    it.

Hm, you're right, it is fucking annoying.

So I've played Beta 8 and I have to say that White Park Act 2 is the shittiest designed stage in the whole game, while Oil Desert Zone Act 2 is the shittiest composed song.

Other than those two awful things this game is rather hit or miss, though to be fair, it's more consistently good than bad, and is an improvement over E1 in pretty much every regard. It's still not as good as I would have liked it to be; and that's REGARDLESS of its status as a sequel or as Sonic 4. Generally, as a game, as a platformer, as a downloadable title for 15 dollars, there's much better bang for your buck.

5. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    I'd agree that Sega's biggest problem with this game is overvaluing it. It's just not worth $15. Console/PC version should be $10, tops. $5 on the App Store/Google Play. If I didn't impulse buy it for the sake of archiving the beta then I'd have waited for a Steam sale.

6. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    That makes me curious, I wonder if there going to lump the BETA 8 sales with the final release sales?

7. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I don't know what you're talking about. It's begging to be remixed with Disco Duck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97RjuC9YeXg

8. Falk

Falk

am I doing it right

9. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Yes. Yes, you are.

10. I think I just saw Disco Duck replacing Sonic for the next 10 games in my head.

11. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I love the soundtrack a little bit more this time around but, Oil Desert Act 2 is horrible. If the intro wasn't so out of place it wouldn't be a bad song at all. However I like how they actually have more drum samples this time, and the synths don't sound like orchestral masterpieces anymore. :v: From one of the videos I've watched the gameplay looks fun, and at first I was a tad bit upset at the fact that you couldn't play as tails or sonic alone, but now I see it fits the level layouts well, and if it was possible to play as Sonic alone, they'd probably would have to add a wall jump or something, and he already has the homing attack. :\

12. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    I have only heard two songs (Sylvania Castle Act 1 and White Park Act 1) and I honestly like them, the latter a lot more than the former. Fits the classic style really well, and kind of reminds of Kirby's Return to Dreamland's soundtrack a bit too.

13. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    Yeah, I think using Sonic & Tails' 69 Combo Attack is going to do wonders for people that like to perform Speedruns. I actually find that it makes the game a lot more easier to play! :specialed:

Also, I'm kinda wondering if Episode Metal uses Sonic 4 Ep. 1's physics too. I've been playing the first act of it and I can't tell if it's Episode 1's physics or not.

14. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    From di-ing cats to di-ing ducks....wow. I was really caught off guard by this one. However it OD act 2 would have made great "past" music for something if there were time travel. It has that elementary/early development sound to it.

15. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
  16. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Has this been confirmed as broken or not yet? Old videos of it make it look beyond broken and way to easy to use, but I haven't heard anyone complain about it since the release of the Beta 8.

17. Hey guys I dunno if you remember me saying why there isn't Sonic PSN avatars, well I just checked the PSN store today and there's Sonic 4 Episode 2 avatars! They only appear to be on the EU PSN store at the moment though, at around £0.21 each. There's Sonic, Sonic close up, Tail's, Tail's close up, Metal Sonic, Metal Sonic closeup and one of Sonic and Tails doing the combo flying move. the Sonic and Tails ones are the models used for the title screen, and Metal Sonic seems to be a new image? not too sure, but check it out.

18. Beedlee

Beedlee

Is there any reason why the leak hasn't been announced on the front page? I wasn't monitoring this thread at the time and found out through Kotaku instead.

19. dsrb

dsrb

Is there any reason that it should be?

Sega didn't intend for this to happen, and Sonic Retro are being a responsible fan-site by honouring that.

20. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    As well as out of respect to those who don't want a massive spoiler.