don't click here

Sonic 3 XBLA

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Graxer, Apr 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graxer

Graxer

The achievements for Sonic 3 XBLA have now been revealed at Xbox360Achievements.org. Here is the link: Sonic the Hedgehog 3 Achievement List

The achievement requirements seem to be very easy in my opinion. It doesnt even have an achievement for finishing the game quickly or without dieing. I think this could possibly mean they will be added with Sonic 3 & Knuckles DLC, but that is probably just me being hopeful. Still, at least this is some final proof that Sonic 3 XBLA is on the way soon.

2. xcliber

xcliber

Those acheivements are even easier than Sonic 2. I got all of the S2 achievements on one run (except the multiplayer ones).
    I really hope they add S3&K.

3. Graxer

Graxer

I found the all chaos emeralds achievement in Sonic 2 extremely hard myself. I really suck at those special stages!

4. shana

shana

balls Member
    Financial Hell
    Recording Sonic Music on live guitar/bass.
    WTF. These achievements are too easy. I usually finish Sonic 3 with around 800.000 points, and S3K with around 1.200.000 points

5. Hybrid Project Alpha

Hybrid Project Alpha

It's what's for dinner Oldbie
    Douglas, NB
    Getting a life
    needs more time challenges

also get Perfect on every stage

6. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    ...pfft. 80,000k points? Really? I get that much halfway through Angel Island Zone Act 1.

These people just aren't trying anymore.

7. TSSZNews

TSSZNews

First @ Something or Other Banned
    The Update Desk
    Occasional JOURNALISM
    Anyone else a little sad they didn't include a "Get Past That @#$!! Barrel in Carnival Night Zone" achievement?

8. Graxer

Graxer

That would have been a great achievement. It should have the words "Time Over" as the achievement picture. There will be more people getting stuck there who play it first on XBLA after all.

9. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    The "get a blue gumball" one is very interesting because the uses of the water shield are comparatively limited. It'd be one of some 5-6 challenges to complete in Hydrocity then.

EDIT: If running on water gets an achievement, then so too should that barrel. After all, it's about as memorable a moment.

10. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Even if they patched it in as a 0 point achievement, this would have been brilliant.

11. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    Ah awesome! Can't wait for this. :P

Also the achievements are just as easy as the ones in Sonic 1, IMO.

12. Yuzu

Yuzu

Other than the Quick Marble Achievement which took me a while to take off 2 seconds.

13. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Yes, yes it would. Awesome idea =P

I just looked down though this entire achievement list. Am I the only one who reckons they could get every single achievement in a single playthough?

14. Clutch

Clutch

It was a dark and stormy night... Member
    Considering the absence of the S&K lock-on games in Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection I certainly hope they're thinking about bringing them to Live Arcade. It'd be nice to have them on the console in some legit shape/form.

And yeah, would've been nice to have the Carnival Night barrel acknowledged.

15. JoseTB

JoseTB

Tech Member
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it just an emulator? I find it interesting they actually cared to do the research for implementing the achievements if so.

16. Amistat

Amistat

Oh wow, easy achievements are easy o.o

Seriously, other than "Complete Chaos" and "Complete the Game" these aren't any form of achievement, nor do they justify themselves via novelty value.
    "Goodie Gumballs"? What? Is there some fanbase love of the blue gumball in particular I've managed to miss all these years?

If the achievements aren't given for actually achieving something then they need to at least be amusing (which personally I kinda prefer, the best achievements are always the ones that make you smile when you look back at them).

So I support the "Time Over" idea for passing the barrel as it's an iconic thing from S3 that many people would have felt they'd achieved something the first time they got past it. Now they could finally get the recognition their parents never gave them when they yelled "I GOT PAST THE BARREL YAY!" all those years ago :v:

Two separate achievements for getting the Emeralds as Sonic and as Tails respectively could have been funny; "Goin' Super" for Sonic and "Better Luck Next Time" or "At Least You Got This Achievement" for Tails as I'm sure many were annoyed the first time they did it and got no Super Tails.

Hmm, the real question is, do I get this or wait for S3&K to inevitably be released separately? It would make sense to wait...however I'm a total tool so I'll probably get this the second it's uploaded :eng101:

17. Achievments are required on the Xbox 360. They were also in Sonic 1 and 2 XBLA.

18. Ice Sonic

Ice Sonic

Ice Cap
    No, I am not working on any hack, fanart, or website.
    Wow, they're soo lame. Why not make achievements like beat this act in 1 minute for example or finish the game without dying. Look at how cool were the Megaman 9 challenges. The achievments in Sonic 3 should be like those.

19. PordyPates

PordyPates

Those achievements... Fail. Blue gumball? Wow, that's hard to get. They should've released is as S3&K, and had a whole load of difficult achievements. I mean, come on, the game is huge.

20. Uberham

Uberham

King Of Oblivion Member
    Nope.

I did all S1's at a friends house in one playthrough.

this should be easier than stamping on bunnies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.