don't click here

Sonic 3 XBLA

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Graxer, Apr 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Graxer

Graxer

I'm certan that I could. I would even go so far as to say that I could probably get nine of them before starting Marble Garden Zone. (The only ones that im not sure about is the score ones, but I get a perfect in every special stage usually so that would probably get me to 80,000 along with the level scores.)

2. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I could have them all wrapped up in about an hour. All you really need is a perfect on the first two special stages to stamp out the 80,000 one... 50 rings is inexcusable, blue bubble... well, nothing some messing around in the bonus stage will fix. Honestly, I'd have made one be Perfect on all Special Stages... this is hardly a challenge, but it's better than 50 rings. You'd have to be a moron to not hold 50 rings at any given point.

3. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    ...you guys must all be freaking insane at this game. I'm lucky to get 3 Emeralds in one outing. Of course, that's with a week of play under my belt in the Genesis Collection, but still. Some of those I looked at and went "....geez."

4. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    It's not that difficult—it just takes years of growing up with the game to have everything memorized and sort of set in your mind. If you play any game enough, it'll be a lot easier to play as time goes on; it's called developing skill. As you play the game more, it'll seem less like we're insane and more like we've just had a lot of practice. :eng101:

5. Perhaps this is why these achievements are "easy"? Because the rerelease isn't aimed at people who already own and have played the shit out of it?

That said, clearing IceCap is worth as much as clearing the game?

6. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    They should have just done Sonic 3 & Knuckles and have actually hard achievements for it.

7. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Almost certainly. If I was to get this it would be because it was a super-cheap way to inflate the gamerscore. I mean, this is like the 7th or 8th re-release of the game.

8. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Seriously, only for your gamerscore? Who really cares about that? I usually have less respect for people with very huge gamerscores.

9. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I don't have any plans of getting another copy of this anyway.

10. Epsilonsama

Epsilonsama

THE FASTEST TAPE ALIVE! Member
    Earth
    Play more, soon youll be able to get all the chaos emerald when you get to Marble.

11. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    I'm amazed they didn't call the achievement 'Got Blue Ball'. :eng101:

12. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Just as shitty as sonic 1 and 2 xbla achievements :/

It was to be expected though, they have missed out on so many simple yet more unique achievements like for example, beat sonic 2 with tails, beat sonic 1 without reloading a save (just like the old days of no saving) and total 10k rings overall or something.

13. I second and third this sentiment.

Which reminds me, I STILL don't have the "Xbox Live Racer" achievement for Sonic 2. Someone want to help? =D

14. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Those are just as bad.

Achievements should be given out for completing a challenging task. (See Mega Man 9)

Not for doing something trivial or grinding.

15. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Beat Carnival Night Zone Act 2 in less than five minutes.

Oh, it's not terribly hard, but I know there are a lot of people who take a long time on this level.

16. djdocsonic

djdocsonic

Testing YOUR Hacks Since 2005... Member
    Emerald Hill Zone
    Looking for a Rom Hack to Test.
    Yeppp... other than I do struggle with the 7 emeralds and always have done the rest are straight forward.....

17. I wonder if the save system will be kept or if the game will just start you off at AIZ with your character, like how Sonic 1 and 2's menu behaves.

18. Ice Sonic

Ice Sonic

Ice Cap
    No, I am not working on any hack, fanart, or website.
    I'm sure the guys thought of those achievments in less than a minute. Even if you're new to the game it shouldn't be that difficult to have 50 rings or collect an emerald. I thought achievments are supposed to be hard and adding more replay value to the game.

19. Hence the word "Achievment"

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I imagine the game starts you off on the data select screen. That'd be pretty chessy if it didn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.