Sonic 3 Complete

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tiddles, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Joseph A. Rose

Joseph A. Rose

Man, If we had a Sonic 3 Complete Disassembly, that would be really cool if we need one.

2. Wafer

Wafer

owner of "objectively bad opinions" Member
    Disassembling n00bs, WIP
    @Joseph A. Rose Bumping an old topic with non-content is a thing that you Don't Do.

3. Joseph A. Rose

Joseph A. Rose

i'm just asking or saying, that's all.

4. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    Sonic 1 Color Contrast
    Posted on the previous page, in the posts directly before yours.

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

I'll find the old avatar eventually Member
    Working on my art!
    I kinda think this topic should be locked/archived. I think it's served it's purpose and I doubt Sonic 3 Complete will be touched on again at this point.

6. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I'm not sure that any (non-toxic) topics should be closed without the OP's blessing...

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

I'll find the old avatar eventually Member
    Working on my art!
    Maybe, but it's been almost 2 years since Tiddles has logged on. And unless he comes back every few months it's going to be "HeY hOw BoUt UpDaTe PlZ" until the end of time.

8. Dek Rollins

Dek Rollins

Finest Kind Member
    Since the topic is bumped anyway, I wanna ask a question for anyone who may know.

Why do the blue spinners in Marble Garden Zone not bounce you in S3Complete? That detail is the one reason I can't consider Complete to be truly complete compared to the original, and it seems really weird that it was changed.

9. Wafer

Wafer

Disassembling n00bs, WIP
    If you're talking about the blue wheels that raise platforms and stuff, I just tested S3C versus S3&K and the behaviour is identical. You don't get bounced if you're stood on the floor, but you do if you are stood entirely on the spinner.

10. Dek Rollins

Dek Rollins

Finest Kind Member
    Of course you don't bounce if you stand on the floor. In S3C you only bounce once when standing entirely on the wheel, but in the original game you can bounce over and over again indefinitely as long as you keep landing back on the spinning wheel. If you land on the wheel after bouncing once in S3C you just stop.

11. Wafer

Wafer

Disassembling n00bs, WIP
    When you're right, you're right, I didn't test for that. Doubt the change was intentional.

12. Random Gaming

Random Gaming

Just a user on Sonic Retro Member
    Greece
    Sonic 1 Better Edition
    Actually, it could be intentional, but perhaps not fully implemented. Maybe the creators wanted to fully remove the feature but left it on hold for too long, until they just completely stopped working on the project.

13. Fadaway

Fadaway

Ok I'm going to chime in. The “blue spinners” I originally thought was referring to the tops you stand on that can be maneuvered through the air. There is an issue I have in Complete with those things. When you take them to the ground they're supposed to break through, in Complete, they bounce you way into the air after smashing the blocks making it cumbersome to proceed. In the original, they behave differently and is much easier.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  14. Joseph A. Rose

Joseph A. Rose

That ROM Hack i played looks so Good. Even the Game Menu looks so Cool. Is there any way to get the Disassembly for Sonic the Hedgehog 3 Complete? I'm really Curious.

15. Wafer

Wafer

Disassembling n00bs, WIP
    Seriously, knock it off. You already asked once. Be happy that the hack exists at all and move on.