don't click here

Sonic 25th Party 2016 - San Diego

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    I admit, I am a bit worried that SEGA will announce Sonic Adventure 3. Which would be fine on its own, but I hope the noisy younger fanbase doesn't make out the narrative to be similar to the kind of immaturity I saw in the YouTube chat when they replayed the Mania trailer. "Fuck this, SA3 or nothing, no one wants this old Sonic fangame!"

Because if it DOES happen, it should be a time to celebrate, yeah? Everyone gets what they want! Although if pressed, I'd much rather have another boosty game in the style of Generations than something akin to Adventure. But like I said earlier, I've GOT NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT either way.

2. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    So how about them Totino's, Skyler ;)

#StuffedNachos

3. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Takashi Iisuzka said that they are not working on Sonic Adventure 3 at the q&a. Rest easy.

Jesus Christ how much did Totino's actually pay Sega to have this constantly be shoved down our throats?

4. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    what on earth am I watching?

5. Jason

Jason

Something Sonic related, so you like it, and you're excited for new stuff, but after the initial excitement wears off, things get a little creepy.

6. So, either the audio cut out at an odd time, or the guy on-screen said something about a Sonic CD 2. I'm going to bet it was the audio, but damn I got my hopes up for a minute.

7. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    He literally ate half of two of them then put them partially eaten back into the paper boat. Then walked away. I would have at least eaten the whole thing, he made it look like they weren't actually good.

8. Mentski

Mentski

Pff. Member
    Parts Unknown
    Being a mysterious face.
    It's beautiful irony that a livestream for a character called Sonic has appalling sound quality...

This is all some kind of elaborate absurdist joke like the Twitter account, isn't it?

9. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Skyler backs my Patreon, so if he tells me to use that money to buy crispy crusty tender flakey Totino's Pizza Rolls, I really have no choice. I will probably legit make some whenever I get the game, just for the lolz.

EDIT:
    True, but c'mon, like he'd spill the beans that close to the reveal. :P

10. Turbohog

Turbohog

The adventure games weren't perfect, but I still think they had a lot of potential. I'd love to see what a competent team today could do with the adventure formula. I actually felt like I was playing the games. With the boost games, I feel like I'm holding forward mostly. Anyway, this stream really is bizarre. Sound issues, hello kitty, cutting away from the stage randomly, etc.

Edit: haha, one of the selling points of Sonic Boom is "playable characters". And a final announcement is being re-emphasized.

11. So, they have the entire Sonic Boom voice cast on stage for something. I'm curious what it is, but I'm hoping it's not going to be something stupid like read a script from the show in their character voices. I'd hope for...

Do a script reading from an action or horror movie, but having to use the voices of their characters from the Boom show.

Try to imitate voices for the other characters rather than their own, or swap scripts around before starting.

"Okay guys, throw the scripts away. That was just to get you all on stage. Instead, we're doing a reaction-style show. Now, we spent a few minutes on the internet and found some rather interesting pictures of your characters..." (God, that would be funny to see, as long as the stream camera stays away from said images and just focuses on the people on stage)

12. Jason

Jason

Oh my God Mike Pollock actually referenced how bad the live streams buzzing was. That man is a treasure.

13. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

NotEqual Tech, Inc - VR & Game Dev Oldbie
    Oh wow, that was unexpectedly charming!

14. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    [​IMG]

Sonic with The Doctor is surreal. Looks like I'm finally getting one of those toys to life games.

15. Turbohog

Turbohog

So Sonic Generations 2....Okay I guess. Not Sonic Adventure 3, but whatever.

Edit: I mean, I think I would honestly be more excited for Generations 2 if it wasn't for Sonic Mania. Because honestly I know Sonic Mania will play more true to classic Sonic than Generations 2 will.

16. Jason

Jason

Holy shit they did Sonic Generations 2. NX too. I'm dumbfounded.

17. Huh. 15 seconds and no explosion on the board for the announcement. I'm disappointed.

EDIT: Damn. I lose, you guys beat me to it and posted first. Should have known better.

18. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    Aaand we're getting Sonic Generations 2 pretty much. :v: I knew it. xD I'm more hyped for Mania at this point, but I'm looking forward to Generations 2. (I know it's not the official name, but come on classic Sonic teaming up with Modern?)

19. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

Sonic Generations 2! So excited! Mania and Generations 2! This is great!

20. Darth Taco

Darth Taco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCh9--2xcKk

#NotASequel