don't click here

Sonic 25th Party 2016 - San Diego

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Mar 22, 2016.

1. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    Sonic Mania should've been a 2016 game, but eh. At least it'll hit during the 25th anniversary year.

I can wait. I am very happy with these results.

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Welp. I'll be damned. This is exactly what I wanted and I got it.

Worth the year of memery? We'll see. But this is the kind of thing I've been waiting for. So good show Ruby, you win.

Idk about paying $6 for Classic Sonic in Sonic Dash though

3. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

Here we are. That autist shouting into the mic is now immortalized forever.
    https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/756681598590783489

4. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Look at you being all edgy using autist as an insult.

5. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    buy totinos

6. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

I know. I'm proud of myself too. :)

7. nesboy43

nesboy43

Besides the long waiting to get in, this was a very well put together event. There were a lot of great details and I loved how they even had free food and gave away some merchandise. Furthermore, they went all out in decorating the place. Lots of great people too.

Unfortunately after waiting an hour, me and my friend were stopped by staff and told we were the cut off for getting Crush 40 signatures. There were a lot of people behind us too. Aaron had come out maybe 5 minutes before telling people to get their signatures from Jen and Johnny at a good pace to not waste time, but there was no warning. I wish they had just cut off people from entering the line at one point instead of having us wait around for nothing.

I am not the hugest Crush 40 fan so it's not the biggest deal to me, but no one likes wasting their time.

Furthermore, myself and many others waited in line to get into the merch area of the party only to find out that they were sold out of everything except for comic books. Why they couldn't let people know upfront is beyond me.

Overall though I had a great time and especially for the price it was a very good value. Just wish those few things were organized better.

8. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    WELL THAT WAS QUITE THE UNDERSTATEMENT. Looks like I know what I'm doing today...

So Mania's already looking fantastic. I'm going to reserve judgement of Sonic 2017 until we see some actual gameplay. Either way though, I'm glad we've got some legit Sonic games to look forward to again!

9. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

So I was curious about what happened to this?
    [​IMG]

And this:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I was expecting Maddeon music in one of last night's trailers, but we got Hyper Potions in the Mania trailer, SA2 intro in Lego Dimensions and nothing in the Project 2017 trailer. So... what's up? I know Aaron mentioned something about it in his introduction presentation before revealing Mania, but none of us streamers have a clue what he sad because the audio had annoying cut out for minutes on end at that point.

10. FollOw

FollOw

The sun sets forever over Black Water Park Oldbie
    If they don't have any actually gameplay to show I'm assuming not much work has been done on it. I think the launch window for 2017 might be a little to early. I really hope they take their time with this one.

11. I don't care about any of this stupid shit, when are the Totino's Stuffed Nachos going to be available for preorder? Skyler?

12. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I've joked about this a couple of times, but yeah, can we talk about this? The stream kept moving away from the events happening on stage like interviews with the devs and voice actors for Skyler's Totino AdventuresTM. Curious about how the event scheduling for this thing came together. Bad timing issues as well as the pervasive sound problems throughout made it almost unwatchable. I literally had to mute it until I knew that there was something important enough to listen to because the buzz was so awful. I had a non-Sonic fan with me so I could show off how great the anniversary titles were going to look, and by the end, we both agreed – as does a vast majority of people on Twitter – This is probably the biggest trainwreck of a livestream event ever given this much publicity. Even the worst of E3 events didn't come close to this level of problems. Was it an issue with the staff at the House of Blues, or something else entirely?

13. Turbohog

Turbohog

It really was kind of pathetic. One of my favorite moments was when this random dude said, "Okay, back to the stage!!!" and after a few seconds, we were back to him and he was just like, "lol change of plans". He then proceeded to watch part of the opening cutscene for Fire and Ice, almost started a level, and then the camera was back on the stage suddenly. It was all very strange and unprofessional.

14. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    You know that the "random dude" was Skyler, right? He's from around here. I'm hoping we'll get his take on it at some point.

15. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    Has anyone who attended the event written about the details we couldn't find out from the stream yet? An overall experience at least? I have some general questions that I wonder if we'll get answers to.

• What were the contents of the goodie bag? (Actually, that was sort of explained during the stream, but it would be nice to read about it) How about the USB stick?
    • Was there any interesting information given by Aaron prior to the Sonic Mania trailer, during the 2 minutes that the stream audio cut out?
    • Did anyone in the audience record live reaction footage to the trailer(s) at the event?

16. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Check out the SegaBits twitter, someone posted a GREAT reaction to Sonic Mania!

17. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    http://youtu.be/VynDxJWZ698

I love the reaction to Christian's name popping up.

18. The crowd reactions made that so much more fun to watch.

19. Turbohog

Turbohog

Not sure why you think I would recognize someone whom I've never met. I mean, I don't think it was his fault. Just seemed like there was something strange going on.

20. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Oh gosh, that's exactly the way I had hoped the audience was reacting to it live. To say nothing at all about the game itself, that trailer was so perfectly formulated.