don't click here

Sonic 2 SMS enhanced remake

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Aug 14, 2020.

1. I played both this and the Sonic 1 remake. While I do appreciate all the extra things they added, the physics just kept me from enjoying it. You can see how different the physics are by simply steering mid air. Your speed completely resets, making your movement feel unnatural. It also appears that you can only speed up while rolling if you collide with specific tiles. Sometimes, I suddenly get a burst of speed when roll down a slope. Sometimes, I don't gain any speed at all. Movement overall does not feel anywhere near as natural nor fun as the 8-bit games that these remakes are based on. However, I feel that this was made by a bunch of beginners who wanted the 8-bit versions of Sonic 1 & 2 to get the same treatment as their 16-bit versions. I admire that.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2023
  2. I absolutely agree, but I just get annoyed that they remove Green Hills ENTIRELY instead of just pushing it to the first level. Instead, now we have a strange-looking level called "Time Hill" that doesn't even FIT two thirds of the time! Couldn't they just make a seperate zone called "Space Egg" where it's the last 2 acts of Time Hill and the final bossfight?