don't click here

Sonic 2 Recreation

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by redhotsonic, Sep 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS Tech Member
    United Kingdom
    YouTuber
    Again, stress at work.

How strange... When you hit the second logo, does it not do anything? If it doesn't, is logo one still active?

In the real game, the level is already complete. I have used that space, and the emerald is located elsewhere.

Yes, I know. I did think about putting pointers and etc into the game, but then...

This is the problem. I could make it a temporary thing, but how? I could make a new monitor to make a pointer appear for a few seconds or something, but otherwise, any ideas?

2. P.P.A.

P.P.A.

SONIC 2 SUCKS, SONIC CD FOREVER Member
    Germany
    Sonic MD (Currently: Art for Zone 3)
    Hmm... Maybe you should simplify the level layout (for example let's say three paralleling, crossing paths) but in return make the emerald harder to get to by placing tricky platforming passages, spikes and traps and badniks for example.

3. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Difficulty levels.

Easy: directions are very visible
    Medium: few or no directions
    Hard: sorry Sonic but the emerald is in another castle

Or something

4. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    Or perhaps an object that gives hints? =3

5. Ah yes, another Sa3 Goodness. Make sure they're rare and give good hints not like "It's somewhere in this level."

Edit: typo

6. HighFrictionZone

HighFrictionZone

Hi. Member
    Katy, Texas
    Nothing
    Not sure if this is a good idea, but perhaps like pressing the C button will, instead of making you jump, spawn an arrow that points in the general direction of the emerald for a few seconds, and then disappears? You could even have it drain like five or ten rings. This way, people who need the help can get it, but it won't be without cost. I don't really know what is or is not doable, I'm more of an ideas person.

7. P.P.A.

P.P.A.

SONIC 2 SUCKS, SONIC CD FOREVER Member
    Germany
    Sonic MD (Currently: Art for Zone 3)
    This reminds me of the Tikal orbs in Knuckles SA1 stages. "THIS WAY!"

8. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

United Kingdom
    YouTuber
    That's not a bad idea actually.

9. Make it an arrow and not a ball that may go into a wall you're beside >.>. If you're going to put that have the emerald spawn randomly in a designated area, so it can't spawn infront of the player for example?

10. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

United Kingdom
    YouTuber
    What are you on about?

11. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    That's kinda like what I was thinking, but more like the TV's in SA2B, where it describes the general location of the emerald.

12. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

United Kingdom
    YouTuber
    Well, I like the idea of draining the rings to show an arrow for a few moments. It will be a new challenge so I will give it a go.

13. I meant in Sonic Adventure, if you get a 'this way' ball thing, if the emerald say, is on the other side of the mountain you're on, it goes into the wall and out of sight. But yeah the arrow is a much better idea =P

14. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    For those interested, a new release has been made of this hack (and possibly the last). You can get it from the Sonic 2 Recreation page.

I don't think RHS is able to access this website anymore, so I've posted this for him. Enjoy, and all that good stuff. =P

15. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Errmm, why? what happened?

16. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I don't know; something about the computer he uses at work. It's not that important, really—I wouldn't worry about it.

17. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Reuploaded, RHS forgot to fix a bug.

18. SMTP

SMTP

Tech Member
    Ah, I thought it was something serious..

Anyway, from what I've played so far, it seems to have improved quite alot from previous versions..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.