don't click here

Sonic 1 With Fries - Lock!

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Afti, Aug 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Eheh.

I haven't forgotten, I'm just tangled up in a few webs right now. I'll make them my top priority once my laptop gets fixed.

2. Destructiox

Destructiox

Masochistic Maniac, Raving Lunatic Member
    East Midlands, England
    Sonic 1 Lunacy.
    That's a shame to hear about this project, I like it, and hope you can continue it with renewed vigour when your problems are sorted out. Everyone seems to have Laptop problems these days......

*backs up his work on an External HDD*

3. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    I've actually been able to keep the laptop running for several hours before shutting down by sitting the power cord on a Wiimote. I have a Toshiba laptop, and the power jack is coming loose, you see.

So, I've been able to do a little work.

Dusk Drive has some new tiles. Opinions?

[​IMG]

The metal WAS in SSZ, you're right. SSZ has new, rusty metal tiles now, though.

4. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Wayyyy too much monotone there. Have to diversify the colors a bit.

5. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    [​IMG]

I'm worried that it might be a bit busy.

6. filmzombie

filmzombie

The real spindash... Member
    England- The Land of Tea
    Sonic Synthesis
    I think the monotone is actually okay for me. The shades are very similar, true but I think its the stills in this case that don't do it justice.

I can imagine playing this and the colours wouldn't bother me.

Looks good ;)

7. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    If the stills don't do it justice...

Have a video. This is also the first footage of the Static Curl, which stops your movement for a fraction of a second, then shoots Sonic down. You can use it to fall faster, or actually slow your fall. I do both in this video.

Audio is shit, I'm afraid. Turn your speakers off; you'll thank me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWN1x6ilobE

8. Phithpleis

Phithpleis

Nein Member
    Your location
    Current Project
    Very interesting move you put in there for Sonic. The only fault is the wall recoil in the video, though.

9. Master3k

Master3k

I don't know if it is because of sound quality used on YT videos, but your song ports (from game-to-game, not XM3SMPS, and no, I'm not refering to the noises. I know that's from the video) aren't THAT good. Maybe I can help you there.

That, and I think you should consider making the SSZ "floor" a bit darker.

Other than that, good job. Keep it up.

10. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    The S2 ports are by Irixion using ESE's music porter, and are just placeholders.

Could I have a screenshot of the area in question?

11. filmzombie

filmzombie

The real spindash... Member
    England- The Land of Tea
    Sonic Synthesis
    Okay, after seeing the Youtube Video I have noticed a slight problem. However, its again not so much the colours as it is shade. There are tall segments, buildings I'm presuming in the background which are very hard to differentiate from the main pathway pallette. Although I'm guessing they aren't identical to the human eye it appears that way.

Maybe, if the sun was setting behind the buildings, the buildings themselves would be the same colour, only a lot darker. That would solve the problem I think.

Otherwise- Like I predicted. Looks just fine. Look forward to playing it.

12. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    In Sonic 1 With Fries, you'll see more than a layout/palette change between Acts.

As you know, DDZ Act 1 is set in streets that cut through the city. It's slightly off the ground, but you aren't that high.

[​IMG]

DDZ Act 2, on the other hand, is set high above the city. At the very bottom of the stage, you'll see the tops of skyscrapers. It's a harder stage, with more platforming, and it's less forgiving if you fail. You can see the clouds around you... it's kind of scary. Try not to look down.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yes, that is a zeppelin.

13. Phithpleis

Phithpleis

Nein Member
    Your location
    Current Project
    Could the zeppelin hurt you?

14. Hanoch

Hanoch

Also known as TheKnock, Birashot Member
    Israel
    everything
    I think you stand on the zeppelin and it takes you with it. Fix the clouds, they need more shading and you need to round them a little more, it will be ok if you keep them since they look like fries :P.

15. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    Guys, the zeppelin is just a background object.

I plan to give the clouds a rounder shape and some shading as soon as the layout is finished.

16. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    It's more of a "Blimp" =P

Awesome stuff though the palette isn't actually that bad now with the new art.

17. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    Nice to hear.

[​IMG]
    What do you find in a subjugated city? That's right, propaganda posters. I'm working on one with Sonic stomping on a city. Making it look like that at the size in question is quite hard, though.

All hail the Eggman Empire.

18. Hanoch

Hanoch

Also known as TheKnock, Birashot Member
    Israel
    everything
    What does act 3's background looks like? If act 1 is next to the buildings and act 2 above them, will act 3 be in space?
    Other than that, these are pretty nice posters, I am expecting to see more soon, maybe bandik pictures?

19. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    The Eggman art looks a bit wonky. Maybe it's because his head isn't that round. :S If you have the room try making it a bit more rounder and maybe trim back his mustache by a few pixels.

20. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.