don't click here

Sonic 1 Pixel Perfect

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by JcFerggy, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
  2. SephyUK

SephyUK

WHY SO CURIOUS? Member
    Qatar
    Some Freakishly Long Anime
    I remember I was working on a layout for S2O a while ago when working on it, and I tried something like this. It was fucking hell. And impossible if you don't have boosters on the loop. Although, you have done a much better version than what mine was going to be like. Mine cut off half way and went into this freaky platform thing.
    But seriously, nice job. And I love the concept art for SYZ. It, similarly to GHZ, is sticking close to the original in the main level art, with a completely new background with only some similarities. I like it.

3. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    I love you.

4. Maybe to make it have more variety, you could have the top have a seperate path to go down.

5. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I love that loop. Keep at it!

6. PlayKareshi

PlayKareshi

The Plotmeister Member
    South Africa
    Visual Novel - Planning Stage
    I've tried your demo and I love what you've done so far. The graphics are absolutely beautiful! I also like the little boss intro you guys have worked in. I would complain about your sinister badnik placement (this is just the first zone, after all), but even that is done with style. I like everything I've seen in this thread too. The MGZ and SYZ graphics you posted are gorgeous!

Please, keep up the good work! :)

7. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Nova Scotia, Canada
    -Bump-

As of now, I'm stuck with SYZ. I'm not sure weather I should keep with the current art that I have, or think of something else. I have a chunk done for the top part, but I don't have any ideas for the bottom of it.

Here is what I have now.
    [​IMG]

If someone can give me some suggestions for either a bottom to the background, or maybe even a new background altogether, please tell me.

8. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    Sky and buildings look great, but yeah you need sth better for the ground.

Maybe some desert with sandhills, but not as plain as dust hill and a few bigger ones of those buildings close by? Or oasis palmtrees lol.

9. Ice God

Ice God

Earthbound Fanboy Banned
    I'm going to keep my eyes on this. Seriously, it looks fun. I don't really have any negative critique.. Maybe tweak Sonics sprites if you want, but looks good.

10. Eviltaco64

Eviltaco64

Hopelessly Lost in Aisle 5 Member
    This looks very good!

Props to you!

11. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Nova Scotia, Canada
    I finally got off my ass and did something with SYZ

[​IMG]

I used the GHZ deform, since I don't know how to make my own deformation, and with it came the water. I personally like how it turned out, and I don't think it clashes with the other water in GHZ. I have not made the palettes for the other acts yet, but I plan to later. And for the record, the lower buildings scroll differently then the higher ones.

C&C welcome as always.

12. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Get rid of the water.

13. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    I'd have to see it in motion to decide if I like it or not. Looks like it might work well.

14. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Can't you just have a ground texture that fits the water scrolling? The water doesn't really fit, sorry.

15. Skaarg

Skaarg

I felt the water works great. It's almost like a lake-side level. I just feel if he used a ground texture it would look too plain unless he reworked the foreground to match it.

16. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Yeah, I actually like the water myself. Only problem is that it might seem too much like GHZ.

17. FinalBeyond

FinalBeyond

Together with the buildings above, it reminds me of Marina Madness, which is no bad thing.

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Personally I love the water. However I think a different color for the water is in order.

19. Shadow Fire

Shadow Fire

Ultimate victory! Member
    The Land of Darkness
    Sonic: The Lost Land (Series), The GCN (site)
    Keep the water, but use different art. The GHZ water is crap. =P

20. Skaarg

Skaarg

Maybe doing something like the water in EHZ would look better with the reflection of the buildings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.