don't click here

Sonic 1 NEW STUFZ

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Sonic 65, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Not at all! In fact, I'm in deep awe of your original idea - please, tell us more!

On-topic: I'm at school right now, so I can't try out the hack yet. Hit me up when I get home, though, and I'll be glad to lend my feedback.

2. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    I got stuck in a wall =/

3. JcFerggy

JcFerggy

Do you want to taco 'bout it? Member
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    GoldenEye: Source, Other Stuff
    At the first of the level, if you go straight right to the wall, you can jump and go above the wall, then fall in it, you might want to fix that.

4. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    ROFL I got stuck in another wall XD

yeah I think the collision detection needs work or something... actually I did what the guy above me just said, I thought there'd be something up there

5. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Yes :) I completely agree :) That is the greatest idea ever :)

6. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    The instant shield doesn't work very well, sometimes I can't get it even if I double press A, sometimes it activates by itself if you just hold A.
    Also, it works also while invincible/shielded.

7. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    About your desert zone...

Art -> WIN
    Level Layout -> Maybe you should try again later...

8. I do too like the level art to this one... including all the glitches mentioned by everyone else I noticed when you put a spring above another spring (on the ceiling) the top spring does not bounce you back to the bottom. Yes, I know... I'm not always good at explaining things and I can imagine that its not only me who has noticed this.
    Other then that... good hack, I look forward to the next release.

9. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox

I see you used Yuski's metal sonic spriteset, there's actually one more, much better and with all the frames. I have it, contact me on MSN if you want it.

10. Sonic 65

Sonic 65

Tech Member
    I've gone through and fixed all the collision glitches by adding more curve to the 45-degree slopes. I don't know if I should make another release just for this, though.

gnarrrl: Though I didn't find this out until I tested the springs myself, Sonic 1 actually doesn't support spring bouncing you down AFAIK. D:

OmegaEX: I don't have MSN, but I do have AIM. My screenname is X2K Sonic 67. Or you could just upload it on Fileden or something. =P

11. Stealth

Stealth

Tech Member
    Sonic Mania, HCGE, Sonic Megamix, SonED2, [...]
    Vertical springs don't respond to the visual orientation like Horizontal springs do, that's why property 3 in SonED2 says "Up" for upward springs instead of "Vertical". You have to set it to "Down"

12. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox

Uploaded . I don't remember who made it though. I have a huge collection of hacks, I picked it up a long time ago.

13. Sonic 65

Sonic 65

Tech Member
    [​IMG]

Loops have been added in; however, for some reason they don't want to work. I've flagged the loop tile, made two consecutive visually identical tiles with left/right side collision, and put the tile in the loop tile index, but it still doesn't want to work. D:

[​IMG]

Tentative Act 2 layout. Subject to change.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/8/1/150488/LevelMap2.png

Full detail version of layout.

[​IMG]

I've taken some sprites from the hack OmegaEX found and some from Yuski's hack, and merged them to make a complete Metal Sonic sprite set. Here you see his pushing animation, taken from the hack OmegaEX found.

14. Stealth

Stealth

Tech Member
    Sonic Mania, HCGE, Sonic Megamix, SonED2, [...]
    When you added the ID to the list, did you use ID+$80? The routine that does the test doesn't separate the flag from the ID

15. Sonic 65

Sonic 65

Tech Member
    Yes, I added $80 to the ID when I put it in the index.

16. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    [​IMG]

You make chibi Quickman cry.

17. Vangar

Vangar

Quickman, if what you mean is what I'm thinking, then yes, it also makes me cry.

18. Verse

Verse

Posts once a year. Oldbie
    Pomona, CA , USA
    Freedom Planet Soundtrack
  19. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    It's not just the big empty spaces - the level just isn't one that you run through, it doesn't have paths which can be taken. Sonic levels are designed to be run through, with different paths, not explored. Take a look at Emerald Hill Zone.

20. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    If he added some CPZ tubes into the mix, it could make an interesting labyrinth of sorts... But nobody has figured out the format for those automatic tubes yet, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.