don't click here

SEGA finally realizes something very important.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by RGamer2009, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Machenstein

Machenstein

That's part of the problem. I guess you could say Sonic is not the exception in today's pop culture of 4Kids anime, the Disney Channel, Spongebob, and the over saturation of CGI kiddie claptraps. The current Sonic is merely a reflection of the decline today's packaged multimedia has gone through over the decade. Someone from The GHZ put it quite eloquently on the state pop culture is in.

Sonic is not the only franchise suffering. I wouldn't exactly blame the kids of today either. All the stuff we hate about games, animation or movies today are being feed to kids as entertainment by executive bigwigs who are quite frankly out of touch with the rest of the world's tastes. A culture of mediocrity indeed.

I wouldn't say that's Sonic's only problem, but stuff like Sonic X and Shadow the Hedgehog just make it worse.

2. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    The issue I have with this stuff is, does it reflect the actual thoughts of the game developers? As mentioned above, this article is likely sent through PR and written by them. Sure, there can be some influence from the developers, by the article, as a whole, is PR.

Well, we'll just have to wait until the next game comes out.

3. libertyernie

libertyernie

502 Bad Gateway Member
    They should just make a game that is well-made and fun, and people will like it.

4. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    Now hold on.

Spongebob kicks ass.

5. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Well, they tried before, and people hated it, interestingly enough. The majority, anyhow.

6. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Mind telling me which game you're referring too?

7. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Mind you, this is my opinion, but Heroes, Shadow, Riders: Zero Gravity and Unleashed were all pretty good games. (the last one not sooo much on the Wii, but, still.)

8. Just because something's better than Sonic 06 does not make it good. Heroes and Shadow were neither well-made nor fun, and Unleashed was just a fair bit better (having played the HD version only in a demo, I can't really speak too much for it except that it felt rather slippery). I'm going to restate a controversial opinion by saying Riders and its sequel were well-done games, but their high learning curve and low amount of content were major downsides.

9. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I will be completely honest in saying that Heroes is the most thrilling game I've played in modern time. Admittedly this is largely due to the fact the the occasionally iffy mechanics threaten to toss you into the abyss if you're not careful, but it still makes me feel like one wrong move and I'm dead, without relying on the same annoying memorization that a lot of Unleashed did; Heroes is a hell of a lot easier between the two.

I generally would rather have a game that plays itself than a series of crappy QTEs.

10. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    You mean most thrilling Sonic game right?

Because holy shit man. I can respect that far, but if you mean games in general.

11. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I don't have a lot of cash, dude. :P

I'm thinking more among the 3D platformers I've played, though.

12. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    That's a fucking disgrace.

13. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Nobody makes 'em for PC.

14. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    Spongebob, as a general rule, sucks. There are exceptions, but none longer than five minutes long.

15. I'm pretty sure Krusty Krab Training Video is 11 minutes long.

Also, glitches aren't thrilling. I like having control over my characters, not trusting them to random clipping errors.

16. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    But only certain portions are funny.

17. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    You're the worst person in the world.

18. Well dang, I can finally post! :)

If the older sonic games appealed to a kids and possibly adults, why don't they try making games like Sonic 3?
    These people should stop pulling compilations out of their ass and actually play something like Sonic 3. They need to see what made that game very successful and use that with their newer titles. I have sonic unleashed for the PS2 and it's hard. you have no 1-up boxes in the levels and you have to go through these fucking doors in the shrines to get extra lives. Sega, what the fucking hell happened to the "LOLOLOL GET 100 RINGS AND YOU GET AN EXTRA LIFE" concept?
    Better yet why must you change the Sonic game format from "HEY I AM RUNNING AT A DECENT SPEED AND SAVING FOREST ANIMALS" to "HOLY SHIT I AM HOLDING THE ANALOG STICK FORWARD FOR 5 MINUTES WHILE THE GAME DOES THE WORK FOR ME"? I haven't got any of the dreamcast games yet for my dreamcast but I hope SA1 and SA2 are good enough. Sonic shuffle is a pain.

19. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

Does no one understand that Sonic games are made for money. Money only. They do not care about the fans at all, because there is no reason too. Why make a game that the small portion of the fanbase will enjoy? Do they get the money they want out of that? No. Make a game all the little kids will bug their parents about until they want to put a bullet in there heads unless they buy it? Yeah that makes money. The current Sonic games appeal to the young children which is what Sega wants. They want money, they do not care about a fanbase. How the dicks do you think candy sells so well. "HOLY SHIT MOM MOTHER FUCKING CANDY!!!!1! BUY IT NOW BITCH OR I WILL CRY ALL DAY LONG." Children are an amazing market.

20. Old sonic games appealed to kids, right? They also appeal to oldschool gamers. If they made these new games similar to the ones made in 1994, then they'll be able to get more buyers. They can attract older gamers, children, and possibly the child's parents and other non gamers because of how simple and fun the gameplay is. This is exactly how I got into gaming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.