don't click here

Project Needlemouse: old threads

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Aquaslash, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    [​IMG]
    Goes on for like, three panels or so, much like this topic has been derailed for 3 pages or so.

2. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    Shadow x Starpost has that effect on people.

3. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    The Sonic cast in general seems to work well in humorous situations.

He also did this in Sonic 06's multiplayer, which frustratingly featured the smallest drop in quality compared to its respective singleplayer in pretty much the entire franchise.

4. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
    I should probably quote this for truth, since no one else has.

Except for the whole seeing the bonus on Friday thing. I don't really give a shit about what sort of "prize" they're offering.

5. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Although I don't want to belive (as well as I did with Werehog), I think that this Sonic 0rigins might be true after all. When the first info about Sonic Unleashed was leaked at Sonic CulT back in the day, not long after a guy came and predicted the Werehog, even the Dark Gaia thing, he even said the entire ending of the game. All this Dark Gaia story sounded more like a big fanfap to me, but when the game was released: surprise!

edit: many typos

6. Phos

Phos

Obvious troll is obvious.

7. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Unless there is some miraculous way he could prove it, I could just go to 4Chan right now and claim to be his coworker in the cubicle three rows over.

EDIT: Also, inb4 "OMG WENTOS"

8. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I'm taking that with a grain of salt because it's probably as far from true as you can get. But, again—damned if I don't want to see what that bonus is!

9. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Don't pay attention to his lies.

You'll only set yourselves up for disappointment. Example of broken heart.

[​IMG]

10. If this guy isn't bullshitting me then I will be one happy dude. :)

11. NintendoBrad

NintendoBrad

Yeah, thing about that place; anonymity. I could go in there and do what he just did and look just as convincing.

But man, classic designs. I want that to be real, for sure.

12. RevFirst

RevFirst

*only has my PS3+Wii working* Good thing it's only /v/! :v:

13. TSSZNews

TSSZNews

First @ Something or Other Banned
    The Update Desk
    Occasional JOURNALISM
    Seeing how much Sony and PS3 are getting crapped on with all the ASR announcements...certainly could be believed under different circumstances.

14. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Seriously, this guy claims to have played an alpha of the game? Sorry, but if this guy had at least a cent of credibility then he has just lost it. The pre-alpha and alpha stages of a game are played by the developers of the game, programmers, and the I.T. department. Plus, aplha builds aren't even the game itself, they are just fragments of the game, basically testing especif things, not even level design would be completly implemented in such stage of development at all, so if he really had the opportunity to play-test it beforehand (which I highly doubt), there's way this guy could make assumptions like "it's like Sonic 1 and 2" or "it focuses on SONIC", let alone "It is not a remake".

You are allowed to say anything on the internet, I suppose.

15. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    It's posted on the internet, SO IT MUST BE TRUE!

16. Phos

Phos

He lost his credibility when he took an official tone but "revealed" new information and his position in the company. There's no reason for the former and reasons to not do the latter. Wentos is the same deal, he said that he was the one who suggested the "Tails is a girl" question, he'd be out of there in no time if he said that.

17. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    You can't believe anything on 4chan. It's 4chan. Furthermore, why would a Sega employee even post on 4chan?

18. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Yes, PRIOR to his involvement with GUN, he is now working alongside the military meaning it is more or less his serving to be a heroic character (though granted GUN have a less than clean slate) I find it even less logical for the loner to be working for an organisation, he
    even stated beforehand 'nobody tells me what to do'. The whole of Team Dark pretty much suffers from having little unique outside a cosmetic difference, all three of them would make decent anti-heroes or hinderances to the heroes, but instead they just shoehorn them in as this generic team (I'm still confused as to why they made a jewel thief into a part time government agent, how do they gel again). Sonic Team seem to have this theory that any character with even vaguely sympathetic qualities can only be a hero, even Eggman is struggling to hold onto his villain role because he's not a stoic, one dimentional monster like the rest of the series' rogue list.

Also like the other established Heroes teams they lack much individuality, Rouge and Omega are pretty much out of the picture unless they are melded to Shadow's side.

It's true that the Sonic cast seems to shine the most with it's more comical cast, largely because they don't really seem to know how to handle 'serious' characters, which usually end up as stoic, mysterious and annoyingly bland Mary Sues (Shadow, Shade, Silver and Blaze depending on the writer). Sonic himself is a wacky character with cartoony foibles, when they tried to make the series darker he became duller (noticed following Next Gen he seems to have more character and charm) while Chronicles suggestion for Knux was to merely take the opposite extreme with his flanderization and make him into a depressed Shadow 2.0 (Knux has serious and comical traits but he is not strictly one of either). Chip was a good example of a comical character that was multi-faceted and developed, I think Unleashed was the right way to go with depiction, a cartoony light-hearted story with occasional serious moments (serious as in somewhat dramatic and sentimental, not morbid and angsty).

19. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    If the characters adopted dialog similar to what is seen in InSonicNia then you have some decent comic relief. Sonic's a sarcastic, moronic asshole, Knuckles is a gullible idiot, Shadow is less whiny and angsty, and is wondering why he has to be surrounded by idiots, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.