don't click here

Project Needlemouse: old threads

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Aquaslash, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    Yes, he said something like that, too. (well, it makes sense, if he said sonic was a kid)

2. Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Stable avatar temporary. Randomizer site down. Banned
    Wish granted.

3. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Actually, I could probably buy into a Yoshi's Island-styled take on the Sonic series, provided it's done well.

Besides, if it takes place before Sonic 1, then you know there aren't going to be any stupid sidekicks in the game. Nor any non-stupid ones, but eh, you take your hits with your gains, I guess. There certainly wouldn't be any Shadow, given that he was in stasis until SA2.

4. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Honestly the origin story stuff sounds like pure bullshit, I refuse to believe any of it. :colbert:

5. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    If they do two a day like they did for monday, that's only one character. I sure hope so at least.

They shouldn't even consider any of those others if Tails and Knuckles aren't in it.

6. Ben2k9

Ben2k9

We stand to Fight Oldbie
    Manchester, UK
    none at the mo
    as long as Metal Sonic is in it, Im happy

7. Were you happy with Sonic Heroes?

8. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    It's to get people to link other people to it. I can't figure out how to post on Sega's wall, Facebook has the most arcane interface I've ever seen.

9. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

I'm not sure if that's the actual label they go by but they are often simply called 'Eggman Robots'.

Amy was okay before she was flanderized into a Sonic glomping nutcase, her story in SA1 was pretty decent in exploring other elements of her character. She does actually have a rather wholesome persona outside her main schtick, it's just rarely explored.

10. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    You know, it would be really easy for them to fix Shadow. All they'd have to do is feature him in a game, not have him do an excessive amount of talking, and have him do shit like this:

[​IMG]

A character is never irredeemable. And one of gaming's most beloved characters began life as nothing more than a palette swapped Mario. So don't be so reactionary, k?

*Shadow x Starpost is an SFGHQ meme. Artwork is by Steven M.

11. Ben2k9

Ben2k9

We stand to Fight Oldbie
    Manchester, UK
    none at the mo
    he wasnt exactly the 'true' classic metal sonic was he? kinda like a T1000 ripoff....it wasnt too bad, better then a few of the newer (read: pointless) characters

12. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    At least Luigi served a purpose.

13. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    Shadow served the exact same purpose. Or are you forgetting? Sonic Adventure 2 had a two player mode!

14. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

I think a lot of Shadow's hate comes from the fact he is somewhat a 'black hole' to the games storyline, a large amount of the plot and setup based around his character, hense the recurring realistic, morbid storylines and backdrops because they suit the likes of him and Rouge more than the original more cartoony atmosphere.

Shadow could be improved in the sense of giving him more comical foibles so as to solve this problem somewhat, rather than 24 hour brooding give him more traits, perhaps make him more egotistical and sulky in a comical 'surrounded by idiots' sense (similar to they did with Knux, albeit without it to the extent of completely eclipsing his persona).

15. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

Except he was only 'Sonic's Luigi' that one time. Then he went and got he's own terrible dark brooding game that completely separated him from Sonic in terms of being nothing more than a palette swap, and for a bulk of that game and Sonic 06 he separated himself gameplay wise by driving vehicles. Tails used to be 'Sonic's Luigi' right up until SA2, but now there's so many characters that have their own play styles that he doesn't really have a Luigi anymore.

(did that even make any sense? XD)

16. This is one instance where the Archie Sonic comic series shines: Instead of keeping Shadow as the eternal angst machine, Shadow in the comics has "grown up" and moved on from his past, sort of like how he was supposed to in Shadow the Hedgehog. He's less of a whiny, emo bitch and more of a "Whatever it takes to get the job done" kinda guy now.

17. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Somewhat, he is more emotional and has some comical foibles (the infamous face in Universe #1) however, like many characters who 'grown up' he somewhat lost his relevance and unique place and became ANOTHER generic hero character as he did in the games. I kinda feel putting a clone of Sonic on the same alliance as him is kinda pointless. Said SU#1 also practically displayed Shadow and Blaze with near interchangable characters.

Shadow should have stayed as a self serving anti hero really or at least a character that has a skewed manner of heroism (since he respected 'The Doctor' beforehand it would make sense if he had a nonchalent attitude to his attempts at takeover, at least until it affected someone close).

18. He does have a skewed sense of justice, though; at least, if you compare it to Sonic's traditional sense of justice. Shadow, prior to his involvement in G.U.N., was just as likely to kill someone simply so that they wouldn't be a nuisance. Shadow's essentially developed from a Chaotic Evil character to pretty solidly Chaotic Neutral, as opposed to Sonic's Chaotic Good.

Also, the SERIOUSSHADOW face from Universe #1 was awesome.

19. DimensionWarped

DimensionWarped

Erinaceous! Oldbie
    That's not true. He and his entire team also played the Luigi role in Sonic Heroes... where admittedly no one gave a shit about the multiplayer. Regardless, it was still there.

20. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Care to show a pic?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.