don't click here

Pix'N Love's ‘history of Sonic the Hedgehog’ book

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Lanzer, May 8, 2012.

1. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    Yeah, Pix 'n Love is supposed to send me a copy and every time I follow up, HERP DERP DELAY

:(

2. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I'll be damned. I guess nobody noticed that since it took the topic this long to get bumped with the news.

3. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    [​IMG]

4. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    If you look in the comments for our article, the editor of the book, Ash Paulsen notes that there IS a reason for the delay. Likely for typos and correcting the spelling. Pix N Love books usually suffer from a LOT of spelling errors and for us American yanks, it's been translated by someone in Europe, so the British spelling and punctuation is plentiful. Usually because they don't have a regular US presence. They're still a pretty interesting read, even if it's text heavy and there are times where the writing indicates that there's nothing they can historically go back on.

The only Udon translated book I have is actually the Persona 4 Design Works book. Couldn't be happier to have the US version of it, although there were a few times where images appeared stretched or of low quality. Otherwise a real treat to have. Want to get my hands on the Valkyria Chronicles books when I get the chance.

5. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
    Ash Paulsen, that's Rob Paulsen's son, Rob being the voice of Yakko and Pinky and what have you. Knowing his son is pretty big into games I guess it's no surprise he's involved with a project like this.

Just pointing this out :p

6. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    He's a good guy and likes to have open communication with the fanbases of projects he's working on. When he's working on Mega Man projects, you usually see him hovering around Mega Man Network answering questions or concerns. This book is in very good hands.

7. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    Fix'd! :v:

It's a small world.

8. Star and Moon

Star and Moon

Childhood = Dreamcast Member
    Concept Art! Whoo Yeah! Nerd Heaven!

9. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    I can ask the guys at UDON if you'd like.

There was some discussion of adding a few new items to the book as well, but I'm assuming that wasn't going to happen as it was a "long shot".

10. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    Mind. Blown.

11. Star and Moon

Star and Moon

Childhood = Dreamcast Member
    So will the book be littered with Narfs, Poits and Zorts?

12. FollOw

FollOw

The sun sets forever over Black Water Park Oldbie
    Just got an email from amazon that says it will be shipping sooner then expected. Cant wait!

13. Same here, I think they've pushed it earlier than expected twice now! Will be a great gift to myself for the new year. Can't wait to crack it open.

14. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    Alright, according to unreliable news sources, the English book is now starting to become available in comic shops. While the people who pre-ordered it still have to wait a few weeks. What sense does that make? I pre-ordered this thing back in June. I'd go hunt down a copy, but the pre-order price saves me almost 20 bucks, and comic shops are just about extinct, around here anyway. The closest thing we have is Barnes & Noble in the mall, and their comic selection tends to fluctuate from piss poor to just okay. Oh well.

15. Tiller

Tiller

HDK & World Runner
    Welcome to the world of random distribution! I've been here for a little while with my Transformers hobby.

Hopefully the content of the book matches up with the wonderful job they've done with its look. It look fairly comprehensive from the flip through. Hopefully these things ship soon.

16. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    UNRELIABLE NEWS SOURCES http://www.udonentertainment.com/blog/udon/in-comic-stores-this-week-the-history-of-sonic-the-hedgehog/

17. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    Official sources are the most unreliable. Amazon.com has been keeping us up to date on all the changes, so why should we believe anyone else? :v:

18. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I read it at TSSZ, that's why I said unreliable.

19. Greg the Cat

Greg the Cat

I'm gonna draw it! Banned
    A Zone Unknown of Title
    Comics from the Mind of Yours Truly, A little workshop of animation, Sonic FreeRunner
    Check embedded links. Sometimes they'll have those.

20. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Just as a reminder: http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=27693

If you ever find something there and want to post it here, look for a different source. If there isn't one, don't bother.