don't click here

Let's say you could ask Jun Senoue anything.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    What would you ask?

You know. Theoretically.

Also, to be clear, if I hear any stupid jokes about cats or things that are not serious considerations of questions, I'm suspending you. Homie don't play that way.

2. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

Knuckles' Chaotix is a perfect game with no flaws Member
    would you seriously consider doing a collaborative soundtrack with other composers at Sonic Team? Hataya, Jacques, Ohtani... and I don't mean collaborative in the Sonic Generations sense, I mean collaborative as in working together on multiple tracks, giving and receiving input and critique from your peers.

3. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    Outside of Generations and Sonic 4, Jun hasn't written or arranged much for main Sonic games in the past half-decade. What's been keeping him busy?

4. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    What were the main difficulties with composing the songs within Sonic 4? Also, why were Episode 1's loops shorter than what we have received in previous (Sonic 1,2,3&K) games? What was your inspiration for these songs?

5. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    I would ask him what's his to go to VSTi's, DAW and if he's a big fan of sound design rather than just using a ROMpler.

6. gold lightning

gold lightning

Why didn't he get other composers to work with him on Sonic 4? His best work has never been when he was composing everything or next to everything.
    I'm sure it is due to budgeting, but I blame that issue for the 30 second tracks in Sonic 4.

Another question is "Who (or what) was his inspiration growing up?".

7. I'd ask him if he would ever reveal to us the mystery behind Sonic 3's music SOMEDAY. :P

8. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Hmm, I'd ask

"What inspires you to make the melody for the stages you are shown throughout Sonic games?"

I just had to inflate pool rafts and now my head feels funny, so that might be worded weirdly :psyduck:

9. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I might ask the question, "How long are your deadlines for most of the projects you have? Do you get a couple weeks, a month, or more/less than that?"

10. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    EDIT: Better question: I would ask him this: Out of all the millions of Sonic songs you have composed, which one tops the chart as being your all-time favorite?

11. Palas

Palas

Don't lose your temper so quickly. Member
    ...What did he say?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I would ask what's his process in composing. Does he choose instrumentation first or does he start off whistling a melody to himself?

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Keep in mind I'm being completely serious here and am not trying to troll.

What made you want to try and limit the instruments to those similar to the ones used for the Sega Genesis for the Sonic 4 series?

13. Are you and Johnny Gioeli ever going to make a full-length Crush 40 album? :v:

14. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    Didn't they already do that back in 2003? As in Crush 40 (album)?

15. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    Splash Hill Zone Act 1. I thought this was well known. Maybe it changed?

16. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Hopefully this is a suitable question. I have noticed that a similar question is present here but I have added my own twist to things.

What made you accept Takashi Iizuka's request to work on the Sonic the Hedgehog 4 series as a sole composer rather than bringing in other musicians to assist as seen with the Classic Sonic music in Sonic Generations?

17. Palas

Palas

Don't lose your temper so quickly. Member
    No, no~ Arique edited his post. The other question was whether he had worked with Michael Jackson or not and he said that Howard Drossin had already answered this question. I wanted to know what he said.

18. The self-titled Crush 40 album is just a compilation of the vocal tracks from the Sons of Angels (Crush 40's original name) album Thrill of the Feel with a few new tracks. Thrill of the Feel was a soundtrack for a 90s Nascar game.

19. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    Recalling one of my latest critiques of his works:

- Are the mixing and mastering of songs done by their composers or by a separate individual?

And I'm not sure quite how to phrase this, so any help to better word it is welcome:
    - How did the process of creating a song differ before and after Sega became a third-party company?

Any general input is welcome, but I'm mainly asking from a technical standpoint - ie, from composing a song to recording it to ultimately mastering it. I've always been curious about this ever since I noticed technical differences between tracks reused from the original Sonic Adventure 2 and new tracks done for SA2 Battle.

20. JaredAFX

JaredAFX

You telling me a shrimp fried this rice? Member
    Florida
    Downloading megahertz
    I know it's underwhelming, but I would ask which songs he worked on in Sonic 3.