don't click here

Just finished Sonic 2 for the first time today!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by flarn2006, Aug 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    I've yet to be Sonic 2 with all the emeralds. Not sure about 1, truth be told. Never really cared about the Game Gear games and I can rock S3&K like a mother fucker (who can't, though?).

Fun shit, man.

2. Nova

Nova

I've done it a few times with Knuckles - there was a point in time where I had memorized where all the star posts were, but I can't remember them all now. Unlike everything else about that goddamn game. The level select code? Pretty much every extra life? Ugh, it makes me realize just how much of my childhood I wasted playing my Mega Drive, haha. That said, time enjoyed is never time wasted, right?

3. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    The problem I have with 100%-ing all the old MS/GG games is that if you sit down and think "Y'know, I'm up for a bit of old-skool Sonic right now" and boot up an emulator, I, at least, always go for S3&K.

It's just more fun than the others. Part of this might be a self-fulfilling prophecy in that I've completed it SO MANY TIMES that I can comfortably slip into it like an old shoe, but either way, when given a choice of the pre-95 Sonic games, I'll always pick old reliable.

<div align='center'>[​IMG]

FUCK YEAR.</div>

4. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    It depends what you grow up with I think. My favourite Sonic game as I child was Sonic CD, I still feel totally comfortable with it, I know where everything is in it's maze like levels. When I play it I will complete the game with all time stones, having found all Metal Sonic projectors and all badnik sprouting time machines in the past. I did own a MD, MCD, GG and a MS so I got to play most of the classic games back in the day. I do totally agree that a good playthrough of S3K feels warm and cosy, I like to set aside an evening and complete it, all emeralds in one sitting. Certainly better than getting pissed in Torquay with my slutty friends.

5. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Man, it has been so long since I sat down for a good 100% Sonic session. I'm thinking I should try it with a Sonic game I haven't 100%-ed before. That would include &Knuckles on its own, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, or Sonic CD. Or I could go for one of the GG/MS games. I tried once with Sonic 1 GG but the bridge level pissed me off.

6. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    I'll admit I can 100% Sonic 2 but with sonic alone only. I used to (and I still do!) get VERY frustrated with tails in the special stages...

Which reminds me!

[​IMG]

Exactly my point! ;)

7. acidrainbows

acidrainbows

Sonic The Hedgehog 2: Spick-and-Span
    I remember the first time I beat Sonic 2. As nerdy as this will make me sound, it was like a high, almost. One after another I sped through the zones and plowed through Eggman's mechs. I Didn't have all the emeralds at first,(it was like f*cking Tails jumped into those mines on purpose)but the second play through I did, which made it even better. I always hated Wing Fortress Zone after getting the emeralds, I found it so difficult to do as Super Sonic. I'll never forget how it felt to beat that game the for the first time though. I'll also never forget how it felt to demolish Metal Sonic and the final boss as Super Sonic thanks to debug mode and the "all emeralds" cheats xD

8. Shade Vortex

Shade Vortex

The Black Vortex Member
    USA, WA.
    YouTube Memes
    Oh man. The first time I beat the games.. let's see, my most clear memories of those days were with Sonic 3, not Sonic 2. Though I do remember HATING the special stages in 2 when Tails was a computer, for obvious reasons made clearer by the humorous comic that was posted in this topic.

Anyways, I do remember being very pleased with myself after finally getting every single damn emerald in 2. And especially proud of myself in S3&K because of the absolutely insane amount of Emeralds, thanks to the Super Emeralds. At least Blue Spheres was easier and more fun than the goddamn tunnel of bombs and rings.

Hell, I've practiced for my Let's Play of Sonic 2 and found that I should do it with Sonic only, because CPU Tails wants to fucking mess your shit up.

9. Vaiyt

Vaiyt

Oglio p'ru çeu Member
    I remember I NEVER beat Sonic 2 as a kid. I could play the rest of the game in state of flux, clearing stages and getting every odd secret with perfect timing... yet, when I reached Death Egg, all those lives and continues whittled away to nothing on the final boss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.