don't click here

Just finished Sonic 2 for the first time today!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by flarn2006, Aug 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flarn2006

flarn2006

I didn't get the good ending, but I was just so excited (I've been trying to beat one of those games for a while) that I felt the need to create a thread. Hope the admins/mods agree! ;)

2. MarkoMan

MarkoMan

In memory of Dreds... Member
    Queens, NY
    Sonic 2 Turbo
    I love this thread because it reminds me of the first time I ever beat Sonic the Hedgehog 2.
    A magical feeling, it was.

After defeating Silver Sonic. And then hitting that final Mech 12 times... good times.

Theoretically, I think this is trash, but this is why I couldn't be a mod. Because I'd be biased enough to allow this.

Congratulations.

3. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    ITT victory nostalgia? :v:

I remember getting the final Chaos Emerald in Sonic 3 for the first time, then seeing the Good Ending.

I despise that red and white special stage.

4. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I didn't realize Sonic 2 had good and bad endings.

5. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    ^ All the classics had good and bad endings. :\ But anyway, congrats to the OP I suppose. Though I still find S2 to be the most difficult classic Sonic game besides Knuckles Chaotix. I only finished it once without cheating.

6. Typically, if you don't finish with all the Chaos Emeralds it's considered a bad ending. :P

7. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    Sure, there's nothing more demoralizing than Robotnik standing over the "TRY AGAIN" sign.

As for me, beating Sonic 2 and 3(& Knuckles) with all the emeralds was my own personal crowning moment of awesome. I was one excited kid when I managed to do that. Still a good memory after all this time.

8. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Yeah...But there is no "Try Again" thing in Sonic 2.

Death Egg blows up and Sonic either falls and gets caught by Tails (or flies if Super) and that's it.

9. Ranger

Ranger

BBQ flickies Member
    Canuckistan
    Sonic and the Rings of Order RPG
    I still haven't beat Sonic 2.
    I HATE YOU WING FORTRESS LASER.

10. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Sonic 2 is probably my favorite game of all time. I love to play through it every now and then, I can clear through the whole thing pretty fast in about a half an hour. Love you Sonic 2. <3

11. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Wow, congratulations! I remember when I first beat Sonic 2. I didn't get all the emeralds, but it was such a good feeling to get all that way without failing. Nowadays Sonic 2 takes me about an hour to beat with all the emeralds. it's far less time consuming.

I downlaoded it on my iTouch a few months ago. Gave the game a whole new lease of life with the touch controls. Now I'm stuck on that final emerald stage again. It's far easier with a d-pad.

12. I started playing Sonic 2 when I was about 7 or 8, but I didn't beat til I was 13. Just this year I decided to get a Genesis and the cart to play it on the real thing. It seems the easiest on a Genesis.

13. My magical feeling happened when I finally beat Sonic 3 & Knuckles 100% with Sonic for the 1st time.

The epicness of going Hyper in space against a crazed scientist was absolutely amazing.

Also being Sonic 2 for the 1st time is a great memory.

14. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Ahh yeah, I remember that. Great feeling beating Sonic 2 for the first time. I remember the first time I went Super Sonic, I was like "Holy shit! I didn't even know I could do that!" And then I tried doing the same in Sonic 1. Disappointment.

Congrats on your finish! Now you must take the real challenge... Put that Sonic 3 cart on your Sonic and Knuckles cart, and be prepared to give up a good 3 or 4 hours of your life!

15. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    3 or 4 hours? What are you doing, strolling?

16. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member

2 hours + 2 hours to get past the barrel

17. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    I'm not that good at Sonic 3 or Sonic and Knuckles. + - Meanie.   :(

Also, I don't have the Bonus Ring locations memorized, so looking for those adds on to time.

18. theocas

theocas

Tech Member
    You just reminded me that I never completed Sonic 2 DX
    I will do that now.

19. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Hello I am Special Stages

20. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Oh boy! Now it takes a whole 20 minutes longer! Now 1h40m --> 2h, which is totally four hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.