don't click here

I found a Sonic Underground DVD beeing sold.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by GHNeko, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I'm going to get crap for this, but my prefered order:

AoStH (The best, the most awesome, just wins in every way)
    Sonic X Japanese sub (yes, fire away, I actually like this show a lot. It has awesome music, the voice actors are good, occasional SONIKKUUUUUUUUUU aside, and the plot at least TRIED to mesh in with the series in the form of the SA1/2 arcs and integrating storylines before and after it.)
    SoUnd (It's not as morbid as SatAM, and clothes-peg-Sonia aside, this isn't that bad, really)
    Sonic X USA dub (they ruined the music, half of the voice cast is terrible, and they removed gunshots for lasers because OMG GUNZ ARE BAD 4 TEH KIDZ)
    Steaming piles of dog turds
    SatAM (TOO DAMN DEPRESSING. Seriously, I'd rather watch the US Sonic X dubm, at least I don't feel like listening to Linkin Park after 3 episodes)

EDIT: Clarified my Sonic X dub/sub stance

2. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    Nah you won't get any crap. I mean if you liked AoStH the best then I can totally see why you wouldn't like SatAM =P

3. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    In it's own little way, it was more faithful to the games.

Inasmuch as say, Kirby of the Stars (Right Back At Ya! in the US) was.

4. P.P.A.

P.P.A.

SONIC 2 SUCKS, SONIC CD FOREVER Member
    Germany
    Sonic MD (Currently: Art for Zone 3)
    Sonic OVA/Movie > all

Also I haven't seen AoStH in ages (apart from pooped footage on YouTube) and never watched Satam. There are DVD boxes of both, right?

5. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Yes, but AoStH spans a larger set; there will be multiple volumes because there were more than two seasons of it, while the SatAm box set is complete.

6. Toasty

Toasty

BulbaSAUR! Member
    Heh, I bought the DVD a few weeks ago. I wish they had AoSTH or SatAM, but they don't. :/ Sonic Underground is a pretty mediocre show, but I still bought the DVD.

7. Graxer

Graxer

Was it just one DVD, or the box set? I have the AoSTH and Underground boxsets myself. They aren't that hard to find if you know where to look. I think that Underground is the best followed by SatAM then AoSTH which is too cheesy at some points. It has its good moments though. Sonic Undergrounds songs are cheesy too I suppose, but the storyline is more interesting than any AoSTH episodes!

8. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    I have a complete SoUnd DVD set, a complete AoStH DVD set, and I know there's also an R2 DVD set of SatAM I really should pick up for the collection even if I never watch it.

One of these days I need to finish buying the Japanese Sonic X DVD Volumes as well...

9. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    I saw one episode of it, and I regret ever doing so. It was the total opposite of Sonic. This was a scene from the episode I watched:
    Sonic: Alright, let's juice!
    Manic: *stops Sonic* No, we're taking the van.
    Sonic: But it's a slow piece of-
    Manic and Sonia: THE VAN.
    Sonic: =(

Also Sonic has a guitar that shoots lasers. Though the general concept is badass, that does not fit with Sonic. He fights with his speed and spin attack, not a gun.

10. GHNeko

GHNeko

sega stockholm syndrome Member
    YEA. that's SHADOW.

:awe:

Well, from the testimonies, I think ill just be better off downloading if I wanna watch, but since the case is fresh. Is it worth collecting?

11. Yuski

Yuski

Dragons, dragons everywhere! Oldbie
    I had the Complete Sonic Underground UK DVDBOX for 2 years from now, that box was very well done, too bad the content of it (the episodes.XD) where so mediocre. =P Anyway, I like Knuckles episodes and the The Begginings Arc. Was a really wrong idea to remove Tails. I think the producers should used more characters from games than Sonic, Knuckles and Robotnik... at that time, Sonic R was released and we had more than 10 diferent characters (different from AOSTH and Satam that was only Sonic, Tails and Robotnik - we had Metal Sonic and Amy, but they wasn't that well know)

SU isn't a bad cartoon, but is a bad Sonic Cartoon. The 3 real good cartoons are AoStH, Sonic X: Metarex (I'm not a big fan of the first 52 episodes) and OVA

12. GHNeko

GHNeko

sega stockholm syndrome Member
    I don't like Sonic X period.

Sonic OVA has to be my favorite though. I have never seen a more badass Sonic movie/series/cartoon ever.

13. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Plus Tails gropage!! Tails grabbing peoples boobs is ALWAYS AWESOME.

14. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Why is it that every time I see the topic title, I have this urge to ask "did you immediately proceed to obliterate this DVD for the betterment of mankind?"

Yeah, I kind of sort of liked Underground for a time, but around Sonic Adventure 2's release (and the revelation that "Mobius" was garbage), I began to see it for what it was - and it wasn't very good. At all.

Plus the songs were crap - I had a hard time envisioning Sonic singing in my head prior to that, and this only cemented that he never, ever should. Ever.

Ever.

15. SillyJonna

SillyJonna

rhymes with iguana Member
    Orlando, Florida
    Kickin' Rad!
    I really hope you know that, in addition to Sonic and Manic, Jaleel White also provides the voice for Sonia. The girl.

I just don't know what they were thinking.

16. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    I can tell you exactly what they were thinking.

"We need a vague familial resemblance and it'll be cheaper than hiring another voice actor. Steve, get to the hardware shop and buy some clothes pegs"

=P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.