don't click here

I found a Sonic Underground DVD beeing sold.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by GHNeko, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GHNeko

GHNeko

sega stockholm syndrome Member
    テキサス、アメリカ
    Hybrid Souls Card Game
    At my local Super Stop and Shop. I wanted to buy it so much, but it was like 7 bucks, and I was there to buy something else.

I wanna know if its really worth getting the DVD for.

Opinions?

2. Depends on how many episodes are on it. If it's only 2 or 3, I wouldn't. The show isn't really that good in my opinion.

3. GHNeko

GHNeko

テキサス、アメリカ
    Hybrid Souls Card Game
    I remember it being about a missing queen arc or something like that. I need to check the back of the box again at the Stop and Shop.

4. P.P.A.

P.P.A.

SONIC 2 SUCKS, SONIC CD FOREVER Member
    Germany
    Sonic MD (Currently: Art for Zone 3)
    SONIC UNDERGROUND ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

5. GHNeko

GHNeko

テキサス、アメリカ
    Hybrid Souls Card Game
    Hahahaha. I've never seen the series, so I can't say how horrible it is, but from what everyone says, its worse than Sonic X, which is saying something in my eyes, since I thought Sonic X was shit. I'd rather force myself to enjoy Sonic 06 than to watch Sonic X.

Sonic F on the other hand. :awe:

6. P.P.A.

P.P.A.

Germany
    Sonic Underground is to Sonic animations what Sonic Shuffle is to the games. And yes, it's way worse than the already horrible Sonic X.

7. ...That would be the entire series.

Really, Sonic Undergronud is the worst of any Sonic show you could get. Get SatAM, or possibly even Adventures.

8. I will get so much crap for this.
    The show isn't too bad considering that it was an extremely rushed production. The show by all accounts should have been much, much worse. Also, the writers also had the sense not to shoehorn the musical aspect of the show, which was being forced upon the writers by DiC, except for the bare minimum.
    As the "successor" to SatAM, the story writing was subpar, but passeable if you were desperately wanting the continuation of SatAM's story. It has the general theme of SatAM, except with cheeseball villians similar to AoStH.
    Basically, what I'm saying is if you can get the show for free (I got a review copy from Shout) I would watch it. Otherwise, download a few episodes (there's really a few decent, truly fun episodes in there) and see if you too can stomach it.

9. GHNeko

GHNeko

テキサス、アメリカ
    Hybrid Souls Card Game
    H-HEY! I LIKE SONIC SHUFFLE. D:!!

Especially the battle music. D:

Oh. Then iunno. It might be the whole series.

10. P.P.A.

P.P.A.

Germany
    Someone who... likes Sonic Shuffle (although yea the music wasn't that bad)...?
    That finally confirms my old theory that absolutely every Sonic game is liked by someone, be it just one or a two individuals! (Not counting those people who like EVERY SONIC GAME LOLZ.)

Also ok, compare it to Sonic Spinball then. :)

11. GHNeko

GHNeko

テキサス、アメリカ
    Hybrid Souls Card Game
    I really didn't like Spinball that much, probably because I expected a Sonic game and got what the title implied. A pinball game. I was young at a time, but I expected more of a hybrid, rather than a pinball game with sonic elements. :/

Sonic shuffle to me was fun. I liked the card system, and the battles obviously had RPG elements, and everyone and their mom knows RPG elements in a non-rpg game make me giddy.

But back on topic. How many episodes where in Underground? Ill got check later on about the DVD to see how many it holds.

12. There was weird anamolies in the animation, but Sonic Underground somewhat retained SatAM's awesome background work. I really don't think the animation is that bad, especially for a late 90s television show

13. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    Sonic 1 GBA.

14. Love it!

15. GHNeko

GHNeko

テキサス、アメリカ
    Hybrid Souls Card Game
    Alot of late 90s shows didn't have that bad of an animation, I think. At least the shows I watched didnt.

Sonic Labyrinth
    Tails Sky Patrol

16. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    No

17. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Hey, Tails Skypatrol was AWESOME; it makes IWBTG look like a pansy game by comparison.

18. I don't think the animation was really bad, at all. Honestly, aside from the horrible "music videos" with generic effects, can you cite any specific examples that made the animation atrocious?
    And just out of curosity, what do you think of the animation in SatAM?
    EDIT:
    Sonic Underground is 40 episodes long. I think the DVD you may have found is the pilot trilogy-- the first story arc that comprises three episodes.

19. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Underground kicks the shit out of Sonic X...ESPECIALLY the English version. That's the most heinous thing to ever happen to Sonic.

I'll put it like this: If you can deal with the following, than SU should be fine for you:

*Robotnik's not a bitch...he has the whole planet in check
    *Sonic has two siblings
    *Sonic is in a band (plays guitar and is the lead singer)
    *Tails is absent
    *Knuckles is present
    *The band performs once an episode

I can't think of anything else that might turn away someone from watching. Usually one of those listed kills it, but w/e. SU spawned my favorite series character, and therefore it kicks ass.

Meanwhile Sonic X features all three of my most hated series characters..therefore it sucks ass XD

20. Yeah... I think a lot of people saw the musical theme (and oftentimes preachy theme) of Sonic Underground and never gave it a chance. I loved the writing (for the most part) on SatAM, then I saw that Ben Hurst and Pat Allee had wrote episodes for Sonic Underground. I checked into the series and it's it's not that bad.
    I know there's at least one person in this thread who's never seen the series and just went "THE 1 WARE SONIK SIINGS SUCKS WAFFLE" because of the widespread hate for this show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.