don't click here

General Project Screenshots/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Sparks, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    Thought as much. Some of those look really bad. :x

Have a better sheet. :>
    [​IMG]

It uses 18x18, but it could be reduced to 17x17 like yours easily enough. It's just how I created it.

2. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    I'd probably keep the A angular; it looks really weird with the curved top.

3. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Fixed that just now, actually. It's not perfectly angled, it curves a little, but it's much better.

4. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    Ooh, that does look a lot better. Using the Text Blitter continues to be a mystery to me, though, as editing it to accept your 18x18 font required me to do this:

[​IMG]

Otherwise this would happen:

[​IMG]

...actually, numbers aren't appearing at all, so I've still got some weird shifting to do.

Edit:

[​IMG]

There we go. Lookin' sexy. I'm guessing the reason everything shifted like that is because the image size would have probably changed for an 18x18 font, so it changes the number of characters "per-line".

5. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    Looking much better I think. That off-centered "L" was bugging me. :P

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Now that's looking fine. Nice job on the font Cinossu

7. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    So I've been using C and Opengl for a couple of weeks now. Give me a good excuse to remake a remake:

[​IMG]

Decided to have a good stab at remaking my Sonic Xtreme - Metal Sonic Boss Remake which was originally made in GML. I've only started it today but I hope to make some good progress once my first year at Uni finishes tomorrow! It's targetted for both Windows and Linux platforms, OSX would have been included too but sadly I don't have one.

8. RankoChan

RankoChan

I'm bored, k? Member
    Some random RPG project.
    [​IMG]

I decided to finally work some more on my RPGMaker game a few of you might remember, after taking a few months off from it. The HUD for Sonic's world is finished and functional, even the "ring" flashes red if your amount is zero :D. My plan is to have a seperate score for each game world you enter and if you manage get a high enough score, you'll be rewarded with a bonus at the end of each world.

9. Ollie

Ollie

DIGGY DIGGY HOLE Member
    [​IMG]
    Progress so far. Got the Arena in, now just need to find/figure out how to do an .obj parser. :(

10. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I can't decide if this leaf pattern is stupid or not and at the very least I think it's too noisy but I don't know how to de-noise it (you'll notice I tried to lower the contrast).

I should probably do a leaf pattern of my own but I have no idea how to go about doing that.

Thoughts?

11. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
  12. Flare

Flare

The only problem I see is that nothing seems to match up, the grass which is very stylized, which doesn't match the leaves which are more realistic.

13. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    Sonic Time Twisted Creator
    Try using the foliage from the start of Sonic 3 in place of the Wood Zone Leaves. You could even layer it over itself and add a shine to the shading on the leaves.

14. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    The main ground art seems kina big to me, compared to Sonic.

15. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

That link's not working right now for me but I assume you mean this?

Angel Island Zone doesn't really have "foliage", though, it just has noise. It would look even more weird than the Wood Zone leaves.

[​IMG]

Granted, I am already kind of using foliage in that style with the hanging down vines or whatever those are. Hm...

16. Flare

Flare

I'd say that would fit in better with the surroundings. While it's ok that your looking for more realistic looking leaves, nothing else you have - grass or the vines - carry this look. Overall it just clashes two different art styles which I don't think helps.

17. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    Sonic Time Twisted Creator
    That's not really what I meant...

[​IMG]

18. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

Still not sure how well that would really work, given I have leaves set up like this:

[​IMG]

19. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

Spending days trying to make my own ugly alternatives I have settled with just gimping the leaves from Mushroom Hill

[​IMG]

20. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Much better. The only niggle I have (colour-wise again, lawl) are the slightly more yellowy-green vines you have in there. Matching them to the greens of the trees would work better, or adding more variety to the tree top with that yellowy-green instead.