don't click here

'Fangaming Discussion'

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Foxeh, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Foxeh

Foxeh

Animator Member
    In the Walls
    Sonic AGES and Writing a documentation for Realms
    So I just now noticed that the description for fangaming discussion isn't only for Sonic games. I wasn't planing to show anything until I was ready to give it to play. buuut.. im mostly finished so it wont hurt.

I'm planning on letting out playable builds when Unity releases 4.6 on their engine (it has the UI system that I really wanted) so that will be around summer.

I've decided to do the art for the most tedious level (in my own terms of design) first. awesome part is, this level has most of the level mechanics from all the other places so this helps in the long run! Plus im happy im near finished with this level.

what I have not completed yet;

ALL of the player's animations (I only got idle, running, jumping)
    Enemies
    items and menus.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] unfinished section im still adding more to it.

[​IMG] <old

tools using; Unity3d (engine), ToonBoom Harmony (animations), and Adobe Photoshop (all other art), Adobe After Effects, and Autodesk Maya 2014 (secondary animations, particles and other motion graphics)

sorry for large images.

2. Felik

Felik

Why don't you turn it into original IP? Gunstar Heroes is not as well-known as Sonic so you won't be called for copying it's playstyle and quality of the art is good enough to be a successful indie title.
    Just my two cents.

3. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    Every quality fan game doesn't have to turn into an original project, but the potential's there whenever he wants to branch out with a new game. :v:

While the screenshots look pretty barebones so far, the assets already present are nicely done.

4. Machenstein

Machenstein

It's nice to see other retro Sega IPs get fan games too. I'd personally love to see fan games for Sparkster, Ristar and other Genesis era mascots. Gunstar Heroes is a good start, but so would any other Genesis era Treasure IPs. You know the ones.

5. Felik

Felik

I wish Bubsy got a fangame remake

6. Machenstein

Machenstein

Your wish is granted.

It's not a remake, but it's... something.

7. Foxeh

Foxeh

Animator Member
    In the Walls
    Sonic AGES and Writing a documentation for Realms
    ah, I want to try out putting a few fangames together before I do anything ambitious like that. Just testing out the waters while I use this as a learning experience.