don't click here

Do you believe Sonic and his friends are...real?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Heran Bago, Feb 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    <!--quoteo(post=161646:date=Feb 18 2007, 07:54 PM:name=Sazpaimon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sazpaimon @ Feb 18 2007, 07:54 PM) [​IMG]

2. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    It was on 4chan and cross-posted on SA so I don't know what the fuck.

Also my router and school connection's gay so maybe Tuesday.
    Plus I can't figure out how to open port 80 because I'm retarded.

3. Verse

Verse

Posts once a year. Oldbie
    Pomona, CA , USA
    Freedom Planet Soundtrack
  4. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    [​IMG]

5. Skaarg

Skaarg

I liked this signature on there:
    Wasn't Sonadow some sonic / shadow hentai thing from a while back? That thread though does make me feel smarter.

6. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    Tailsmo? Who the hell's mo?

7. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Cosmo.

If I needed any more evidence to prove something's wrong with today's kids, it'd be that sort of sig. @_@

8. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
  9. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    Fix your sarcasm detector. :P

10. Evil Cheese

Evil Cheese

..... Member

Not "anti-Hot", it's called "Tool".

You see the other two keep her around so they look hotter by comparison. That's why there is always one fat/ugly girl in every group.

11. Molotok

Molotok

Gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha Member
    I think we all should just get over combining people's names when they are in a relationship. It started with "Bennifer" and the media (and those who copy it) have made it hell ever since.

Supposedly we've actually grown smarter (3 IQ points in the last decade) and yet according to a poll, more Americans believe in alien abductions (which just so happen to only be abducting Americans and no one else on the planet) and psychic phenomenon than in evolution and global warming.

Personally, I think some of these people are lying on their ages (that or just like jerking around people, like parents who won't come forward and say there is no Santa Claus).

I'm not going to let that slide, even if it is a (supposedly) 10 year old.

[rant tangent]
    I've seen this tactic (although used much more effectively in other cases) used in cases of psychics, and particularly if the skeptic/debunker happens to be an atheist. "Well, if you don't believe in God and in the supernatural, then why can't we?" Because, my fellow human... that person on the stage is not God, he/she is another human just like you and me. They are either delusional or want to get money out of you. ... And more importantly, in science we report the misses as well as the hits, which means your so-called God-like psychics are not very supernatural at all.
    [/rant tangent]

Other arguments:

"You can't see air, but it's still real." - Yes, but I sure as hell can at least feel the wind. Plus, Sonic is always shown in a visual format, so argument moot.

"You have no proof they don't exist." - Okay, so when did it become my problem to handle the burden of proof? If you claim that you saw something, then the burden of proof is on you. A photograph, a video, anything visual (and not be cosplayers, well done editted videos, or other such techniques).

"You can't see them because you are not a true believer." - ... I can see Sonic, but seeing him does not make him a three dimensional physical being.

"Well, the only way to believe is if you see them." - See above. This also goes for UFOs. What you see is not always what you get, even in the physical world.

"We can believe whatever we want to." - Yes, you can. Doesn't make you any less insane.

I would wager to say that furries (well, even in that community you have idiots, of course) are smarter, or less delusional than those posting on the 4Kids forums. They know they are human, they only pretend to be animals, think it would be 'cool' if they could be animals (for fursuiters), or they just like furry art, and might even roleplay as anthropomorphic animals... But at the end of the day, they know they are humans (or at least the ones who aren't delusional).

Summary: 2 The Ranting Gryphon's Overboard Rant... which seems to sum up this topic quite nicely.

EDIT: Looking through the topic, I tend to think that he posters (especially as the pages go on) are just messing around. Still, a bit of a stupid topic in origin.

12. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    I was serious D:
    She is hot, imo.

13. Diogenes

Diogenes

Then your opinion is wrong. Very, very wrong...

Tails, though'...I'd hit it.

14. Sutter

Sutter

A SUTTER IS YOU! Oldbie
    They make me when I first joined look smart.

15. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    :shocked:

That post, my friend, is so full of win.

16. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    I think you're mistaken, however slightly. Tails obviously keeps the other two around to make her look better than she already is. =P

Now, I'm probably gonna get bombarded with "You dirty minger!" comments. D=

17. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Well, we may disagree on Knuckles, but we agree that Sonic isn't beautiful at all in that pic. At least we concour on something. That Tails is cute... but Knuckles has something more :D

18. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Fat?

19. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    I think by now I'm the only one who's noticed she's fingering her chao.

20. Robjoe

Robjoe

As well as awful teeth, and a terrible face in general?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.