don't click here

Do you believe Sonic and his friends are...real?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Heran Bago, Feb 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    http://4kids.tv/forum/showthread.php?t=146570

Man, we are so much cooler than all other Sonic fans. Just wanted to say we got an alright community goin' here compared to say, other places.

Also router is gay with my school's network so SonAR might be up during the week after I get some serious IT help.

2. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    At least we can correctly wrap a background. :)

3. CloverCC

CloverCC

That raised my self-esteem, and made me feel good about myself. :D Also, I laughed.

4. Metal Man88

Metal Man88

Time Traveller Oldbie
    Heh heh heh heh heh. Even when I was 5 I didn't believe Sonic was real. Kids have changed these days, haven't they?

5. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    What bothers me more than that topic is.....why was Heran reading topics over at the 4kids forums?

6. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    He's probably just picking off humorous topics via the search tool to use as examples of the intelligence level there. The topic is a year old. Point taken, yes, kids these days are stupid, and we should crush their spirits with the harsh realities of the world they live in and the chances that they won't make it beyond their teens due to nuclear fallout, which I suppose gives us bragging rights...

... and what the hell is that in your avatar?

Edit: Nevermind, my argument is void and null. The topic is apparently still very alive, for I failed to notice that it goes on for another 18 pages.

7. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    In fact, we are so much "older" than all other Sonic fans... Wich is sad, in a certain way. :P

8. Evil Cheese

Evil Cheese

..... Member
    Kids like this have too much free time and the fact that they are posting useless shit like this on some message board is proof enough of that.

They don't play video games for the love of playing video games like you and I, no, they were raised after the golden age when no one gave a shit about game play and a uninteresting story with "omfg awesome GraphiX!" was all you needed to push a title. They can't be happy with no story line, or a story line in the manual, or hell even a text based story! No they want voice acting, and not just any voice acting they want the same voices from the shitty anime that they watch!

They can't be please with a Hero saving the day as it's too 'played out'. They require "Anti-Heroes" that can't make up their damn minds about which side they are on. They require "tag-a-longs" that serve no purpose other than to complicate the game and annoy us all.

Take a long hard look at that thread we're all laughing at and remember this; These are the people that Sega makes games for today. Is it any wonder that today's Sonic games are (for the most part) not worth playing?

Damn kids, and damn the for parents buying kids anything they want! :)

9. Gamerguy

Gamerguy

SHHHHHHH Member
    Seeing that topic makes me weep for the new generation. Are kids these days really...

Eep.

10. Robjoe

Robjoe

XD

...Seriously, if they ACTUALLY believe that fantasy video game animals are real. I'd like to see how well they function in the REAL world. What with the jobs and bills and children getting in the way of their hopeless dreams of meeting Sonic and them. I'd pay good money to see that. =P

11. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    Whoa whoa whoa wait. Wait. Waaaaaiiit.

...He's not real? My childhood is ruined! T_T

12. I thought this was fake when I saw it... a joke or something, but children today are so idiotic. The have no experience against there thoughts... There parents have probably never said to them "SONIC IS NOT REAL! Oh, and YOUR gonna have to deal with global warming" <_<

13. CloverCC

CloverCC

14. Sazpaimon

Sazpaimon

Tech Member
    [​IMG]

15. Miles Prower

Miles Prower

Renard Oldbie
    I'm quite surprised no one bothered to post this thing in such a topic:

[​IMG]

Fixed. Hoping it won't turn in a cosplay party thread. :P

Saz > This cover is freaking me out. I'm glad I didn't even know of Archie while I was a kid.

16. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    No, it's not. Mot of the older ones were kids around the time that the original core games were released, thus we were the ones that they were directly marketed to. I see it as nothing different than being nostalgic for other things one grew up with, such as TV shows, music, movies, etc. Others, I can see drawn to the technical nature of much of what we do, regardless of whether they grew up with Sonic. Hell, I'm almost 27, and I'm not ashamed to say that I'm a fan of the classic Sonic games, because I grew up with them.

17. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
  18. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
  19. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    Ugh, I've lost all hope in the future of humanity. Some of the parents of this kids should take this advice. =P Or at least get them off the damn computer.

20. Techokami

Techokami

For use only on NTSC Genesis systems Researcher
    HoleNet!
    Sonic Worlds Next
    Heran goes to SomethingAwful, so I'm hoping he was scouting for Weekend Web material or something like that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.